- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 986454, 10 pages
Fabrication and Application of Iron(III)-Oxide Nanoparticle/Polydimethylsiloxane Composite Cone in Microfluidic Channels
1Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taipei 10617, Taiwan
2Department of Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taipei 10617, Taiwan
3Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, National University of Kaohsiung, Kaohsiung 81148, Taiwan
Received 4 May 2012; Accepted 5 December 2012
Academic Editor: Gaurav Mago
Copyright © 2012 Cheng-Chun Huang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. D. Stroock, S. K. W. Dertinger, A. Ajdari, I. Mezić, H. A. Stone, and G. M. Whitesides, “Chaotic mixer for microchannels,” Science, vol. 295, no. 5555, pp. 647–651, 2002.
- Y. Z. Liu, B. J. Kim, and H. J. Sung, “Two-fluid mixing in a microchannel,” International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 986–995, 2004.
- H. J. Sheen, C. J. Hsu, T. H. Wu, H. C. Chu, C. C. Chang, and U. Lei, “Experimental study of flow characteristics and mixing performance in a PZT self-pumping micromixer,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 139, no. 1-2, pp. 237–244, 2007.
- A. P. Sudarsan and V. M. Ugaz, “Fluid mixing in planar spiral microchannels,” Lab on a Chip, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 74–82, 2006.
- M. Zhang, J. Wu, L. Wang, K. Xiao, and W. Wen, “A simple method for fabricating multi-layer PDMS structures for 3D microfluidic chips,” Lab on a Chip, vol. 10, no. 9, pp. 1199–1203, 2010.
- S. G. Grancharov, H. Zeng, S. Sun et al., “Bio-functionalization of monodisperse magnetic nanoparticles and their use as biomolecular labels in a magnetic tunnel junction based sensor,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 26, pp. 13030–13035, 2005.
- M. A. M. Gijs, “Magnetic bead handling on-chip: new opportunities for analytical applications,” Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 22–40, 2004.
- A. Sandhu, H. Handa, and M. Abe, “Synthesis and applications of magnetic nanoparticles for biorecognition and point of care medical diagnostics,” Nanotechnology, vol. 21, no. 44, Article ID 442001, 2010.
- A. R. Kose and H. Koser, “Ferrofluid mediated nanocytometry,” Lab on a Chip, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 190–196, 2012.
- N. Pamme and C. Wilhelm, “Continuous sorting of magnetic cells via on-chip free-flow magnetophoresis,” Lab on a Chip, vol. 6, no. 8, pp. 974–980, 2006.
- S. A. Peyman, A. Iles, and N. Pamme, “Mobile magnetic particles as solid-supports for rapid surface-based bioanalysis in continuous flow,” Lab on a Chip, vol. 9, no. 21, pp. 3110–3117, 2009.
- T. Zhu, F. Marrero, and L. Mao, “Continuous separation of non-magnetic particles inside ferrofluids,” Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, vol. 9, no. 4-5, pp. 1003–1009, 2010.
- K. S. Kim and J. K. Park, “Magnetic force-based multiplexed immunoassay using superparamagnetic nanoparticles in microfluidic channel,” Lab on a Chip, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 657–664, 2005.
- S. S. Shevkoplyas, A. C. Siegel, R. M. Westervelt, M. G. Prentiss, and G. M. Whitesides, “The force acting on a superparamagnetic bead due to an applied magnetic field,” Lab on a Chip, vol. 7, no. 10, pp. 1294–1302, 2007.
- C. Pascal, J. L. Pascal, F. Favier, M. L. E. Moubtassim, and C. Payen, “Electrochemical synthesis for the control of γ-Fe2O3 nanoparticle size, morphology, microstructure, and magnetic behavior,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 141–147, 1999.
- W. H. Binder, H. Weinstabl, and R. Sachsenhofer, “Superparamagnetic ironoxide nanoparticles via ligand exchange reactions: organic 1,2-diols as versatile building blocks for surface engineering,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2008, Article ID 383020, 10 pages, 2008.
- C. Zhang and X. Xie, “Controllable assembly of hydrophobic superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticle with mPEG-PLA copolymer and its effect on MR transverse relaxation rate,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2011, Article ID 152524, 7 pages, 2011.
- G. Filipcsei and M. Zrínyi, “Magnetodeformation effects and the swelling of ferrogels in a uniform magnetic field,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 22, no. 27, Article ID 276001, 2010.