- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 101508, 6 pages
Applied Pressure on Altering the Nano-Crystallization Behavior of Al86Ni6Y4.5Co2La1.5 Metallic Glass Powder during Spark Plasma Sintering and Its Effect on Powder Consolidation
1The University of Queensland, School of Mechanical and Mining Engineering, ARC Centre of Excellence for Design in Light Metals, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
2Unité Matériaux et Transformations, UMR CNRS 8207, Université Lille 1, Bâtiment C6, 59655 Villeneuve d'Ascq, France
Received 19 December 2012; Accepted 25 January 2013
Academic Editor: Jianxin Zou
Copyright © 2013 X. P. Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. H. Wang, C. Dong, and C. H. Shek, “Bulk metallic glasses,” Materials Science and Engineering R, vol. 44, no. 2-3, pp. 45–89, 2004.
- A. Inoue, “Amorphous, nanoquasicrystalline and nanocrystalline alloys in Al-based systems,” Progress in Materials Science, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 365–520, 1998.
- B. J. Yang, J. H. Yao, Y. S. Chao, J. Q. Wang, and E. Ma, “Developing aluminum-based bulk metallic glasses,” Philosophical Magazine, vol. 90, no. 23, pp. 3215–3231, 2010.
- M. Yan, S. Kohara, J. Q. Wang, K. Nogita, G. B. Schaffer, and M. Qian, “The influence of topological structure on bulk glass formation in Al-based metallic glasses,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 65, no. 9, pp. 755–758, 2011.
- M. Yan, J. Q. Wang, C. Kong, G. B. Schaffer, and M. Qian, “Micrometer-sized quasicrystals in the Al85Ni5Y6Co2Fe2 metallic glass: a TEM study and a brief discussion on the formability of quasicrystals in bulk and marginal glass-forming alloys,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 27, no. 16, pp. 2131–2139, 2012.
- B. J. Yang, J. H. Yao, J. Zhang, H. W. Yang, J. Q. Wang, and E. Ma, “Al-rich bulk metallic glasses with plasticity and ultrahigh specific strength,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 423–426, 2009.
- A. Inoue, K. Ohtera, A. P. Tsai, and T. Masumoto, “Aluminum-based amorphous-alloys with tensile-strength above 980 Mpa, (100 Kg/Mm2),” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics Part 2, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. L479–L482, 1988.
- X. P. Li, M. Yan, B. J. Yang, J. Q. Wang, G. B. Schaffer, and M. Qian, “Crystallization behaviour and thermal stability of two aluminium-based metallic glass powder materials,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 530, pp. 432–439, 2011.
- C. K. Kim, H. S. Lee, S. Y. Shin, J. C. Lee, D. H. Kim, and S. Lee, “Microstructure and mechanical properties of Cu-based bulk amorphous alloy billets fabricated by spark plasma sintering,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 406, no. 1-2, pp. 293–299, 2005.
- T. S. Kim, J. Y. Ryu, J. K. Lee, and J. C. Bae, “Synthesis of Cu-base/Ni-base amorphous powder composites,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 448-451, pp. 804–808, 2007.
- X. Li, A. Makino, H. Kato, A. Inoue, and T. Kubota, “Fe76Si9. 6B8.4P6 glassy powder soft-magnetic cores with low core loss prepared by spark-plasma sintering,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 176, no. 15, pp. 1247–1250, 2011.
- D. J. Wang, Y. J. Huang, J. Shen, Y. Q. Wu, H. Huang, and J. Zou, “Temperature influence on sintering with concurrent crystallization behavior in Ti-based metallic glassy powders,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 527, no. 10-11, pp. 2662–2668, 2010.
- P. P. Choi, J. S. Kim, O. T. H. Nguyen, D. H. Kwon, Y. S. Kwon, and J. C. Kim, “Al-La-Ni-Fe bulk metallic glasses produced by mechanical alloying and spark-plasma sintering,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 448-451, pp. 1119–1122, 2007.
- T. T. Sasaki, K. Hono, J. Vierke, M. Wollgarten, and J. Banhart, “Bulk nanocrystalline Al85Ni10La5 alloy fabricated by spark plasma sintering of atomized amorphous powders,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 490, no. 1-2, pp. 343–350, 2008.
- X. P. Li, M. Yan, H. Imai et al., “Fabrication of 10 mm diameter fully dense Al86Ni6Y4.5Co2La1.5 bulk metallic glass with high fracture strength,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 568, pp. 155–159, 2013.
- M. Yan, P. Yu, K. B. Kim, J. K. Lee, G. B. Schaffer, and M. Qian, “The surface structure of gas-atomized metallic glass powders,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 266–269, 2010.
- X. P. Li, M. Yan, J. Q. Wang et al., “Non-isothermal crystallization kinetics and mechanical properties of Al86Ni6Y4.5Co2La1.5 metallic glass powder,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 530, pp. 127–131, 2012.
- Z. A. Munir, U. Anselmi-Tamburini, and M. Ohyanagi, “The effect of electric field and pressure on the synthesis and consolidation of materials: a review of the spark plasma sintering method,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 763–777, 2006.
- G. Ji, F. Bernard, S. Launois, and T. Grosdidier, “Processing conditions, microstructure and mechanical properties of hetero-nanostructured ODS FeAl alloys produced by spark plasma sintering,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 559, pp. 566–573, 2013.
- T. Grosdidier, G. Ji, and S. Launois, “Processing dense hetero-nanostructured metallic materials by spark plasma sintering,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 57, no. 6, pp. 525–528, 2007.
- G. Ji, T. Grosdidier, N. Bozzolo, and S. Launois, “The mechanisms of microstructure formation in a nanostructured oxide dispersion strengthened FeAl alloy obtained by spark plasma sintering,” Intermetallics, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 108–118, 2007.