- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 101765, 6 pages
Thermal Annealing of Exfoliated Graphene
Division of Electricity and Quantum Metrology, National Institute of Metrology, Beijing 100013, China
Received 20 February 2013; Revised 29 March 2013; Accepted 29 March 2013
Academic Editor: Raquel Verdejo
Copyright © 2013 Wang Xueshen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. S. Novoselov, A. K. Geim, S. V. Morozov et al., “Electric field in atomically thin carbon films,” Science, vol. 306, no. 5696, pp. 666–669, 2004.
- A. K. Geim and K. S. Novoselov, “The rise of graphene,” Nature Materials, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 183–191, 2007.
- A. H. C. Neto, F. Guinea, N. M. R. Peres, K. S. Novoselov, and A. K. Geim, “The electronic properties of graphene,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 109–162, 2009.
- T. Ihn, J. Güttinger, F. Molitor et al., “Graphene single-electron transistors,” Materials Today, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 44–50, 2010.
- A. S. Mayorov, R. V. Gorbachev, S. V. Morozov et al., “Micrometer-scale ballistic transport in encapsulated graphene at room temperature,” Nano Letters, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 2396–2399, 2011.
- K. I. Bolotin, K. J. Sikes, Z. Jiang et al., “Ultrahigh electron mobility in suspended graphene,” Solid State Communications, vol. 146, no. 9-10, pp. 351–355, 2008.
- S. V. Morozov, K. S. Novoselov, M. I. Katsnelson et al., “Giant intrinsic carrier mobilities in graphene and its bilayer,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 100, no. 1, Article ID 016602, 4 pages, 2008.
- K. S. Novoselov, Z. Jiang, Y. Zhang et al., “Room-temperature quantum hall effect in graphene,” Science, vol. 315, no. 5817, p. 1379, 2007.
- Y. Zhang, Y. W. Tan, H. L. Stormer, and P. Kim, “Experimental observation of the quantum Hall effect and Berry's phase in graphene,” Nature, vol. 438, no. 7065, pp. 201–204, 2005.
- K. S. Novoselov, A. K. Geim, S. V. Morozov et al., “Two-dimensional gas of massless Dirac fermions in graphene,” Nature, vol. 438, no. 7065, pp. 197–200, 2005.
- A. J. M. Giesbers, G. Rietveld, E. Houtzager et al., “Quantum resistance metrology in graphene,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 93, no. 22, Article ID 222109, 2008.
- S. Tanabe, Y. Sekine, H. Kageshima, M. Nagasey, and H. Hibino, “Half-integer quantum hall effect in gate-controlled epitaxial graphene devices,” Applied Physics Express, vol. 3, no. 7, Article ID 075102, 3 pages, 2010.
- A. Tzalenchuk, S. Lara-Avila, A. Kalaboukhov et al., “Towards a quantum resistance standard based on epitaxial graphene,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 186–189, 2010.
- A. Reina, H. Son, L. Jiao et al., “Transferring and identification of single- and few-layer graphene on arbitrary substrates,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 46, pp. 17741–17744, 2008.
- M. H. Gass, U. Bangert, A. L. Bleloch, P. Wang, R. R. Nair, and A. K. Geim, “Free-standing graphene at atomic resolution,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 3, no. 11, pp. 676–681, 2008.
- X. Li, W. Cai, J. An et al., “Large-area synthesis of high-quality and uniform graphene films on copper foils,” Science, vol. 324, no. 5932, pp. 1312–1314, 2009.
- K. S. Kim, Y. Zhao, H. Jang et al., “Large-scale pattern growth of graphene films for stretchable transparent electrodes,” Nature, vol. 457, no. 7230, pp. 706–710, 2009.
- Y. Yamazaki, M. Wada, M. Kitamura et al., “Low-Temperature graphene growth originating at crystalline facets of catalytic metal,” Applied Physics Express, vol. 5, no. 5, Article ID 025101, 3 pages, 2012.
- P. N. First, W. A. De Heer, T. Seyller, C. Berger, J. A. Stroscio, and J. S. Moon, “Epitaxial graphenes on silicon carbide,” MRS Bulletin, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 296–305, 2010.
- L. Huang, W. Y. Xu, Y. D. Que et al., “The influence of annealing temperature on the morphology of graphene islands,” Chinese Physics B, vol. 20, no. 8, Article ID 088102, 2012.
- A. Pirkle, J. Chan, A. Venugopal et al., “The effect of chemical residues on the physical and electrical properties of chemical vapor deposited graphene transferred to SiO2,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 99, no. 12, Article ID 122108, 3 pages, 2011.
- Y. C. Lin, C. C. Lu, C. H. Yeh, C. H. Jin, K. Suenaga, and P. W. Chiu, “Graphene annealing: how clean can it be?” Nano Letters, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 414–419, 2012.
- Z. Cheng, Q. Zhou, C. Wang, Q. Li, C. Wang, and Y. Fang, “Toward intrinsic graphene surfaces: a systematic study on thermal annealing and wet-chemical treatment of SiO2-supported graphene devices,” Nano Letters, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 767–771, 2011.
- Z. H. Ni, H. M. Wang, Z. Q. Luo et al., “The effect of vacuum annealing on graphene,” Journal of Raman Spectroscopy, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 479–483, 2010.
- A. C. Ferrari, J. C. Meyer, V. Scardaci et al., “Raman spectrum of graphene and graphene layers,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 97, no. 18, Article ID 187401, 4 pages, 2006.
- N. H. Su, M. Liu, and F. Liu, “Chemical versus thermal folding of graphene edges,” Nano Research, vol. 4, no. 12, pp. 1242–1247, 2011.
- X. Li, X. Wang, L. Zhang, S. Lee, and H. Dai, “Chemically derived, ultrasmooth graphene nanoribbon semiconductors,” Science, vol. 319, no. 5867, pp. 1229–1232, 2008.
- Z. H. Ni, T. Yu, Y. H. Lu, Y. Y. Wang, Y. P. Feng, and Z. X. Shen, “Uniaxial strain on graphene: Raman spectroscopy study and band-gap opening,” ACS Nano, vol. 2, no. 11, pp. 2301–2305, 2008.
- T. M. G. Mohiuddin, A. Lombardo, R. R. Nair et al., “Uniaxial strain in graphene by Raman spectroscopy: G peak splitting, Grüneisen parameters, and sample orientation,” Physical Review B, vol. 79, no. 20, Article ID 205433, 8 pages, 2009.
- A. Das, S. Pisana, B. Chakraborty et al., “Monitoring dopants by Raman scattering in an electrochemically top-gated graphene transistor,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 210–215, 2008.
- L. M. Malard, M. A. Pimenta, G. Dresselhaus, and M. S. Dresselhaus, “Raman spectroscopy in graphene,” Physics Reports, vol. 473, no. 5-6, pp. 51–87, 2009.
- L. M. Malard, R. L. Moreira, D. C. Elias, F. Plentz, E. S. Alves, and M. Pimenta, “Thermal enhancement of chemical doping in graphene: a Raman spectroscopy study,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 22, no. 33, Article ID 334202, 2010.
- A. Nourbakhsh, M. Cantoro, A. Klekachev et al., “Tuning the fermi level of SiO2-supported single-layer graphene by thermal annealing,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 114, no. 15, pp. 6894–6900, 2010.
- B. Tang, G. Hu, and H. Y. Gao, “Raman spectroscopic characterization of graphene,” Applied Spectroscopy Reviews, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 369–407, 2010.
- Z. H. Ni, H. M. Wang, Y. Ma, J. Kasim, Y. H. Wu, and Z. X. Shen, “Tunable stress and controlled thickness modification in graphene by annealing,” ACS Nano, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 1033–1039, 2008.