- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 125409, 6 pages
Hydrothermal Synthesis of Bi2S3 Nanorods from a Single-Source Precursor and Their Promotional Effect on the Photocatalysis of TiO2
College of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Soochow University, Soochow 215021, China
Received 30 January 2013; Accepted 22 April 2013
Academic Editor: Anukorn Phuruangrat
Copyright © 2013 Juan Lu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Lu, Q. F. Han, X. J. Yang, L. D. Lu, and X. Wang, “Preparation of Bi2S3 nanorods via a hydrothermal approach,” Materials Letters, vol. 61, no. 16, pp. 3425–3428, 2007.
- A. Q. Ma, Y. J. Wei, Z. F. Zhou et al., “Preparation Bi2S3-TiO2 heterojunction/polymer fiber composites and its photocatalytic degradation of methylene blue under Xe lamp irradiation,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, vol. 97, pp. 125–131, 2012.
- X. Li, H. L. Liu, D. L. Luo et al., “Adsorption of CO2 on heterostructure CdS(Bi2S3)/TiO2 nanotube photocatalysts and their photocatalytiv activities in the reduction of CO2 to methanol under visible light irradiation,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 180, pp. 151–158, 2012.
- Y. Huang, G. Xie, S. P. Chen, and S. L. Gao, “Preparation and photocatalytic activity of Sb2S3/Bi2S3 doped TiO2 from complex precursor via gel-hydrothermal treatment,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 184, no. 3, pp. 502–508, 2011.
- R. Brahimi, Y. Bessekhouad, A. Bouguelia, and M. Trari, “Visible light induced hydrogen evolution over the heterosystem Bi2S3/TiO2,” Catalysis Today, vol. 122, no. 1-2, pp. 62–65, 2007.
- J. Kim and M. Kang, “High photocatalytic hydrogen production over the band gap-tuned urchin-like Bi2S3-loaded TiO2 composites system,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 37, pp. 8249–8256, 2012.
- L. M. Peter, K. G. U. Wijayantha, D. J. Riley, and J. P. Waggett, “Band-edge tuning in self-assembled layers of Bi2S3 nanoparticles used to photosensitize nanocrystalline TiO2,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 107, no. 33, pp. 8378–8381, 2003.
- Y. Bessekhouad, D. Robert, and J. V. Weber, “Bi2S3/TiO2 and CdS/TiO2 heterojunctions as an available configuration for photocatalytic degradation of organic pollutant,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 163, no. 3, pp. 569–580, 2004.
- J. Lu, Q. F. Han, and Z. S. Wang, “Synthesis of TiO2/Bi2S3 heterojunction with a nuclear-shell structure and its high photocatalytic activity,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 47, pp. 1621–1624, 2012.
- M. W. Shao, M. S. Mo, Y. Cui, G. Chen, and Y. T. Qian, “The effect of agitation states on hydrothermal synthesis of Bi2S3 nanorods,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 233, no. 4, pp. 799–802, 2001.
- T. Thongtem, S. Jattukul, C. Pilapong, and S. Thongtem, “Hydroxyethyl cellulose-assisted hydrothermal synthesis of Bi2S3 urchin-like colonies,” Current Applied Physics, vol. 12, pp. 23–30, 2012.
- C. J. Tang, C. Q. Wang, F. J. Su et al., “Controlled synthesis of urchin-like Bi2S3 via hydrothermal method,” Solid State Sciences, vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 1352–1356, 2010.
- A. Phuruangrat, S. Thongtem, and T. Thongtem, “Controlling morphologies of Bi2S3 nanostructures synthesized by glycothermal method,” Materials Letters, vol. 72, pp. 104–106, 2012.
- Y. Wang, J. F. Huang, L. Y. Cao, H. Zhu, H. Y. He, and J. P. Wu, “Preparation of Bi2S3 thin films with a nanoleaf structure by electrodeposition method,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 255, no. 17, pp. 7749–7752, 2009.
- C. Gao, H. L. Shen, L. Sun, and Z. Shen, “Chemical bath deposition of Bi2S3 films by a novel deposition system,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 257, no. 17, pp. 7529–7533, 2011.
- A. U. Ubale, “Effect of complexing agent on growth process and properties of nanostructured Bi2S3 thin films deposited by chemical bath deposition method,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 121, no. 3, pp. 555–560, 2010.
- S. Y. Wang and Y. W. Du, “Preparation of nanocrystalline bismuth sulfide thin films by asynchronous-pulse ultrasonic spray pyrolysis technique,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 236, no. 4, pp. 627–634, 2002.
- J. L. Wu, F. Qin, G. Cheng et al., “Large-scale synthesis of bismuth sulfide nanorods by microwave irradiation,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 509, no. 5, pp. 2116–2126, 2011.
- X. H. Liao, H. Wang, J. J. Zhu, and H. Y. Chen, “Preparation of Bi2S3 nanorods by microwave irradiation,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 36, no. 13-14, pp. 2339–2346, 2001.
- Y. Jiang, Y. J. Zhu, and Z. L. Xu, “Rapid synthesis of Bi2S3 nanocrystals with different morphologies by microwave heating,” Materials Letters, vol. 60, no. 17-18, pp. 2294–2298, 2006.
- T. Thongtem, A. Phuruangrat, S. Wannapop, and S. Thongtem, “Characterization of Bi2S3 with different morphologies synthesized using microwave radiation,” Materials Letters, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 122–124, 2010.
- H. Zhang, J. Huang, X. G. Zhou, and X. H. Zhong, “Single-crystal Bi2S3 nanosheets growing via attachment-recrystallization of nanorods,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 50, pp. 7729–7734, 2011.
- Q. F. Han, J. Chen, X. J. Yang, L. D. Lu, and X. Wang, “Preparation of uniform Bi2S3 nanorods using xanthate complexes of bismuth (III),” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 111, no. 38, pp. 14072–14077, 2007.
- A. K. Jain, V. Sharma, R. Bohra et al., “Synthesis and characterization of methylbismuth(III) complexes containing dithio ligands: 2. Crystal and molecular structure of [MeBiCl(S2CNEt2)] and transformation of some [MeBi(S2CNR2′)2] to Bi2S3,” Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, vol. 691, no. 19, pp. 4128–4134, 2006.
- G. Xie, Z. P. Qiao, M. H. Zeng, X. M. Chen, and S. L. Gao, “A single-source approach to Bi2S3 and Sb2S3 nanorods via a hydrothermal treatment,” Crystal Growth and Design, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 513–516, 2004.
- L. Tian, H. Y. Tan, and J. J. Vittal, “Morphology-controlled synthesis of Bi2S3 nanomaterials via single-and multiple-source approaches,” Crystal Growth and Design, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 734–738, 2008.
- J. Waters, D. Crouch, J. Raftery, and P. O'Brien, “Deposition of bismuth chalcogenide thin films using novel single-source precursors by metal-organic chemical vapor deposition,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 16, no. 17, pp. 3289–3298, 2004.
- W. J. Lou, M. Chen, X. B. Wang, and W. M. Liu, “Novel single-source precursors approach to prepare highly uniform Bi2S3 and Sb2S3 nanorods via a solvothermal treatment,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 872–878, 2007.