- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 127690, 7 pages
Classic and Quantum Capacitances in Bernal Bilayer and Trilayer Graphene Field Effect Transistor
1The TEPS Research Group, College of Engineering and Science, Footscray Park Campus, Victoria University, Melbourne, VIC 3011, Australia
2Department of Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering, Monash University, Melbourne, VIC 3800, Australia
Received 9 November 2012; Accepted 26 March 2013
Academic Editor: Nadya Mason
Copyright © 2013 Hatef Sadeghi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. I. Association, International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors (ITRS), 2011.
- R. H. Dennard, F. H. Gaensslen, H. N. Yu, V. L. Rideout, E. Bassous, and A. R. LeBlanc, “Design of ion-implanted MOSFET's with very small physical dimensions,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 256–268, 1974.
- H. Iwai, “CMOS technology—year 2010 and beyond,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 357–366, 1999.
- Y. Tsividis, Mixed Analog-Digital VLSI Devices and Technology, World Scientific Publishing Company Incorporated, 2002.
- W. M. C. Sansen, Analog Design Essentials, vol. 289, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2006.
- P. Bai, C. Auth, S. Balakrishnan et al., “A 65nm logic technology featuring 35 nm gate lengths, enhanced channel strain, 8 Cu interconnect layers, low-k ILD and 0.57 μm2 SRAM cell,” in Proceedings of the Electron Devices Meeting, IEDM Technical Digest. IEEE International, pp. 657–660, December 2004.
- C. Auth, C. Allen, A. Blattner, et al., “A 22 nm high performance and low-power CMOS technology featuring fully-depleted tri-gate transistors, self-aligned contacts and high density MIM capacitors,” in Symposium on VLSI Technology (VLSIT '12), pp. 131–132, 2012.
- J. Xia, F. Chen, J. Li, and N. Tao, “Measurement of the quantum capacitance of graphene,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 4, no. 8, pp. 505–509, 2009.
- S. A. Thiele, J. A. Schaefer, and F. Schwierz, “Modeling of graphene metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect transistors with gapless large-area graphene channels,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 107, no. 9, Article ID 094505, 2010.
- A. Hazeghi, J. A. Sulpizio, G. Diankov, D. Goldhaber-Gordon, and H. S. P. Wong, “An integrated capacitance bridge for high-resolution, wide temperature range quantum capacitance measurements,” Review of Scientific Instruments, vol. 82, no. 5, Article ID 053904, 2011.
- K. S. Novoselov, A. K. Geim, S. V. Morozov et al., “Two-dimensional gas of massless Dirac fermions in graphene,” Nature, vol. 438, no. 7065, pp. 197–200, 2005.
- Y. B. Zhang, T. T. Tang, C. Girit et al., “Direct observation of a widely tunable bandgap in bilayer graphene,” Nature, vol. 459, no. 7248, pp. 820–823, 2009.
- M. F. Craciun, S. Russo, M. Yamamoto, J. B. Oostinga, A. F. Morpurgo, and S. Tarucha, “Trilayer graphene is a semimetal with a gate-tunable band overlap,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 383–388, 2009.
- H. Sadeghi, J.-M. Redoute, D. T. H. Lai, M. T. Ahmadi, and R. Ismail, “A review on: carbon based materials as on-chip interconnects,” in Proceedings of the SPIE Smart Nano-Micro Materials and Devices, Melbourne, Australia, December 2011.
- H. Sadeghi, M. T. Ahmadi, S. M. Mousavi, M. H. Ghadiry, and A. R. Ismail, “Channel conductance of ABA stacking trilayer graphene nanoribbon field effect transistor,” Modern Physics Letters B, vol. 26, no. 8, Article ID 1250047, 10 pages, 2012.
- H. Sadeghi, M. T. Ahmadi, B. I. Ishak, S. M. Mousavi, and A. R. Ismail, “Ballistic conductance model of Bilayer Graphene Nanoribbon (BGN),” Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, vol. 8, pp. 1993–1998, 2011.
- H. Lipson and A. R. Stokes, “The structure of graphite,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of London A. Mathematical and Physical Sciences, vol. 181, no. 984, pp. 101–105, 1942.
- H. Xu, Z. Zhang, and L.-M. Peng, “Measurements and microscopic model of quantum capacitance in graphene,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 98, no. 13, Article ID 133122, 2011.
- S. Thiele and F. Schwierz, “Modeling of the steady state characteristics of large-area graphene field-effect transistors,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 110, no. 3, Article ID 034506, 7 pages, 2011.
- M. D. Stoller, C. W. Magnuson, Y. Zhu, et al., “Interfacial capacitance of single layer graphene,” Energy & Environmental Science, vol. 4, pp. 4685–4689, 2011.
- M. Begliarbekov, S. Strauf, and C. P. Search, “Quantum inductance and high frequency oscillators in graphene nanoribbons,” Nanotechnology, vol. 22, no. 16, Article ID 165203, 2011.
- J. L. Xia, F. Chen, J. L. Tedesco et al., “The transport and quantum capacitance properties of epitaxial graphene,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 96, no. 16, Article ID 162101, 2010.
- L. A. Ponomarenko, R. Yang, R. V. Gorbachev et al., “Density of states and zero landau level probed through capacitance of graphene,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 105, no. 13, Article ID 136801, 2010.
- S. Sonde, F. Giannazzo, V. Raineri, and E. Rimini, “Dielectric thickness dependence of capacitive behavior in graphene deposited on silicon dioxide,” Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 868–873, 2009.
- S. Dröscher, P. Roulleau, F. Molitor et al., “Quantum capacitance and density of states of graphene,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 96, no. 15, Article ID 152104, 2010.
- G. S. Kliros, “Modeling of carrier density and quantum capacitance in graphene nanoribbon FETs,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Microelectronics (ICM '10), pp. 236–239, December 2010.
- J. Guo, Y. Yoon, and Y. Ouyang, “Gate electrostatics and quantum capacitance of graphene nanoribbons,” Nano Letters, vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 1935–1940, 2007.
- A. A. Shylau, J. W. Klos, and I. V. Zozoulenko, “Capacitance of graphene nanoribbons,” Physical Review B, vol. 80, no. 20, 9 pages, 2009.
- Y. Ouyang, Y. Yoon, and J. Guo, “Edge chemistry engineering of graphene nanoribbon transistors: a computational study,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM '08), December 2008.
- T. Fang, A. Konar, H. Xing, and D. Jena, “Carrier statistics and quantum capacitance of graphene sheets and ribbons,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 91, no. 9, Article ID 092109, 2007.
- M. S. Goh and M. Pumera, “Multilayer graphene nanoribbons exhibit larger capacitance than their few-layer and single-layer graphene counterparts,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 1375–1377, 2010.
- A. Misra, H. Kalita, M. Waikar, et al., “Multilayer graphene as charge storage layer in floating gate flash memory,” in Proceedings of the 4th IEEE International Memory Workshop (IMW '12), pp. 1–4, 2012.
- G. Fiori and G. Iannaccone, “Ultralow-voltage bilayer graphene tunnel FET,” IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 30, no. 10, pp. 1096–1098, 2009.
- A. A. Avetisyan, B. Partoens, and F. M. Peeters, “Electric-field control of the band gap and Fermi energy in graphene multilayers by top and back gates,” Physical Review B, vol. 80, no. 19, Article ID 195401, 2009.
- E. V. Castro, K. S. Novoselov, S. V. Morozov et al., “Electronic properties of a biased graphene bilayer,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 22, no. 17, Article ID 175503, 2010.
- F. Guinea, A. H. Castro Neto, and N. M. R. Peres, “Electronic states and Landau levels in graphene stacks,” Physical Review B, vol. 73, no. 24, Article ID 245426, 2006.
- B. Partoens and F. M. Peeters, “From graphene to graphite: electronic structure around the K point,” Physical Review B, vol. 74, no. 7, Article ID 075404, 2006.
- A. A. Avetisyan, B. Partoens, and F. M. Peeters, “Stacking order dependent electric field tuning of the band gap in graphene multilayers,” Physical Review B, vol. 81, no. 11, Article ID 115432, 2010.
- T. Kat, Perturbation Theory for Linear Operators, vol. 132, Springer, 1995.
- K. F. Mak, J. Shan, and T. F. Heinz, “Electronic structure of few-layer graphene: experimental demonstration of strong dependence on stacking sequence,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 104, no. 17, Article ID 176404, 2010.
- A. Bostwick, J. McChesney, T. Ohta, E. Rotenberg, T. Seyller, and K. Horn, “Experimental studies of the electronic structure of graphene,” Progress in Surface Science, vol. 84, no. 11-12, pp. 380–413, 2009.
- D. L. John, L. C. Castro, and D. L. Pulfrey, “Quantum capacitance in nanoscale device modeling,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 96, no. 9, pp. 5180–5184, 2004.
- S. Ilani, L. A. K. Donev, M. Kindermann, and P. L. McEuen, “Measurement of the quantum capacitance of interacting electrons in carbon nanotubes,” Nature Physics, vol. 2, no. 10, pp. 687–691, 2006.
- M. T. Ahmadi, J. F. Webb, N. A. Amin, et al., “Carbon nanotube capacitance model in the degenerate and the non-degenerate regimes,” in Presented at the 4th Global Conference on Power Control and Optimization (PCO '10), Sarawak, Malaysia, 2011.
- S. Datta, Quantum Transport: Atom to Transistor, Cambridge University Press, 2005.
- S. Russo, M. F. Craciun, M. Yamamoto, S. Tarucha, and A. F. Morpurgo, “Double-gated graphene-based devices,” New Journal of Physics, vol. 11, Article ID 095018, 2009.
- G. Cardano and T. R. Witmer, Ars Magna or the Rules of Algebra, Dover, 1993.
- S. Tongay, T. Schumann, X. Miao, B. R. Appleton, and A. F. Hebard, “Tuning Schottky diodes at the many-layer-graphene/semiconductor interface by doping,” Carbon, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 2033–2038, 2011.