- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 128254, 5 pages
The Regulation of Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering Sensitivity of Silver Nanorods by Silicon Sections
1Key Laboratory of Advanced Materials (MOE), School of Materials Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
2Institute of Nuclear and New Energy Technology, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Received 26 April 2013; Revised 6 July 2013; Accepted 10 July 2013
Academic Editor: Miguel A. Correa-Duarte
Copyright © 2013 Xian Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. L. Huang, G. W. Meng, Q. Huang, Y. J. Yang, C. H. Zhu, and C. L. Tang, “Improved SERS performance from Au nanopillar arrays by abridging the pillar tip spacing by Ag sputtering,” Advanced Materials, vol. 22, no. 37, pp. 4136–4139, 2010.
- R. J. C. Brown and M. J. T. Milton, “Nanostructures and nanostructured substrates for surface-enhanced Raman scattering (SERS),” Journal of Raman Spectroscopy, vol. 39, no. 10, pp. 1313–1326, 2008.
- R. A. Tripp, R. A. Dluhy, and Y. Zhao, “Novel nanostructures for SERS biosensing,” Nano Today, vol. 3, no. 3-4, pp. 31–37, 2008.
- M. Moskovits, “Surface-enhanced spectroscopy,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 783–826, 1985.
- M. Fleischmann, P. J. Hendra, and A. J. McQuillan, “Raman spectra of pyridine adsorbed at a silver electrode,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 163–166, 1974.
- A. Kudelski, “Analytical applications of Raman spectroscopy,” Talanta, vol. 76, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 2008.
- S. F. Fischer and R. P. Van Duyne, “On the theory of electron transfer reactions. The naphthalene-·/TCNQ system,” Chemical Physics, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 9–16, 1977.
- M. G. Albrecht and J. A. Creighton, “Anomalously intense Raman spectra of pyridine at a silver electrode,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 99, no. 15, pp. 5215–5217, 1977.
- K. Hering, D. Cialla, K. Ackermann et al., “SERS: a versatile tool in chemical and biochemical diagnostics,” Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, vol. 390, no. 1, pp. 113–124, 2008.
- G. T. Duan, W. P. Cai, Y. Y. Luo, Y. Li, and Y. Lei, “Hierarchical surface rough ordered Au particle arrays and their surface enhanced Raman scattering,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no. 18, Article ID 181918, 2006.
- K. Kneipp, Y. Wang, H. Kneipp et al., “Single molecule detection using surface-enhanced Raman scattering (SERS),” Physical Review Letters, vol. 78, no. 9, pp. 1667–1670, 1997.
- X.-M. Qian and S. M. Nie, “Single-molecule and single-nanoparticle SERS: from fundamental mechanisms to biomedical applications,” Chemical Society Reviews, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 912–920, 2008.
- S. M. Nie and S. R. Emory, “Probing single molecules and single nanoparticles by surface-enhanced Raman scattering,” Science, vol. 275, no. 5303, pp. 1102–1106, 1997.
- Q. Zhou, Z. C. Li, Y. Yang, and Z. J. Zhang, “Arrays of aligned, single crystalline silver nanorods for trace amount detection,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 41, no. 15, Article ID 152007, 2008.
- Q. Zhou, Y. Yang, J. Ni, Z. Li, and Z. Zhang, “Rapid detection of 2, 3, 3′, 4, 4′-pentachlorinated biphenyls by silver nanorods-enhanced Raman spectroscopy,” Physica E, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 1717–1720, 2010.
- Y.-J. Liu, H. Y. Chu, and Y.-P. Zhao, “Silver nanorod array substrates fabricated by oblique angle deposition: morphological, optical, and SERS characterizations,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 114, no. 18, pp. 8176–8183, 2010.
- Y.-J. Liu, Z.-Y. Zhang, R. A. Dluhy, and Y.-P. Zhao, “The SERS response of semiordered Ag nanorod arrays fabricated by template oblique angle deposition,” Journal of Raman Spectroscopy, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 1112–1118, 2010.
- Q. Zhou, Y. Yang, J. Ni, Z. Li, and Z. Zhang, “Rapid recognition of isomers of monochlorobiphenyls at trace levels by surface-enhanced Raman scattering using Ag nanorods as a substrate,” Nano Research, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 423–428, 2010.
- C. L. Haynes, A. D. McFarland, and R. P. Van Duyne, “Surface-enhanced: Raman spectroscopy,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 77, no. 17, pp. 338A–346A, 2005.
- R. A. Alvarez-Puebla, A. Agarwal, P. Manna et al., “Gold nanorods 3D-supercrystals as surface enhanced Raman scattering spectroscopy substrates for the rapid detection of scrambled prions,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 108, no. 20, pp. 8157–8161, 2011.
- P. Hildebrandt and M. Stockhurger, “Surface-Enhanced Resonance Raman Spectroscopy of Rhodamine 6G adsorbed on colloidal silver,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 88, no. 24, pp. 5935–5944, 1984.
- H. Watanabe, N. Hayazawa, Y. Inouye, and S. Kawata, “DFT vibrational calculations of Rhodamine 6G adsorbed on silver: analysis of tip-enhanced Raman spectroscopy,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 11, pp. 5012–5020, 2005.
- S. Acquah, D. Ventura, and H. Kroto, “On paper the future is rosy,” Chemistry and Industry, no. 22, pp. 22–24, 2011.
- X. Zhang, Q. Zhou, J. Ni, Z. Li, and Z. Zhang, “Surface-enhanced Raman scattering from a hexagonal lattice of micro-patterns of vertically aligned Ag nanorods,” Physica E, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 460–463, 2011.
- Y. Q. Zhu, R. L. D. Whitby, R. Ma, and S. F. A. Acquah, “1D nanomaterials 2011,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2012, Article ID 535697, p. 2, 2012.
- X. Zhang, Q. Zhou, W. Wang, L. Shen, Z. Li, and Z. Zhang, “Latticing vertically aligned Ag nanorods to enhance its SERS sensitivity,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 921–924, 2012.