- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 132919, 10 pages
Effect of the Flow Channel Structure on the Nanofiltration Separation Performance
School of Chemical Engineering, Sichuan University, Sichuan 610065, China
Received 27 January 2013; Accepted 20 March 2013
Academic Editor: Yongcheng Jin
Copyright © 2013 Zhi Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Eriksson, “Nanofiltration extends the range of membrane filtration,” Environmental Progress, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 58–62, 1988.
- X. L. Wang, W. J. Shang, D. X. Wang, L. Wu, and C. H. Tu, “Characterization and applications of nanofiltration membranes: state of the art,” Desalination, vol. 236, no. 1–3, pp. 316–326, 2009.
- A. I. Schafer, A. G. Fane, and T. D. Waite, Nanofiltration: Principles and Applications, Elsevier Science, 2004.
- C. Ba, J. Langer, and J. Economy, “Chemical modification of P84 copolyimide membranes by polyethylenimine for nanofiltration,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 327, no. 1-2, pp. 49–58, 2009.
- M. Jahanshahi, A. Rahimpour, and M. Peyravi, “Developing thin film composite poly(piperazine-amide) and poly(vinyl-alcohol) nanofiltration membranes,” Desalination, vol. 257, no. 1–3, pp. 129–136, 2010.
- M. N. Abu Seman, M. Khayet, Z. I. Bin Ali, and N. Hilal, “Reduction of nanofiltration membrane fouling by UV-initiated graft polymerization technique,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 355, no. 1-2, pp. 133–141, 2010.
- G. T. Ballet, A. Hafiane, and M. Dhahbi, “Influence of operating conditions on the retention of phosphate in water by nanofiltration,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 290, no. 1-2, pp. 164–172, 2007.
- X. M. Li, D. Wang, T. Chai, B. W. Su, and C. J. Gao, “Study on seawater softening by nanofiltration membrane,” Journal of Chemical Engineering of Chinese Universities, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 582–586, 2009.
- J. Z. Pang, J. Y. Li, Q. Wang, and Z. Z. Yang, “Study on treatment of salt chemical industry wastewater with nanofiltration membrane,” Journal of Tianjin Polytechnic University, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 6–9, 2010.
- S. Darvishmanesh, A. Buekenhoudt, J. Degrève, and B. van der Bruggen, “General model for prediction of solvent permeation through organic and inorganic solvent resistant nanofiltration membranes,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 334, no. 1-2, pp. 43–49, 2009.
- F. Fadaei, S. Shirazian, and S. N. Ashrafizadeh, “Mass transfer modeling of ion transport through nanoporous media,” Desalination, vol. 281, pp. 325–333, 2011.
- X. L. Wang, C. H. Tu, Y. Y. Fang, Y. Xiao, and B. Zhou, “The researches on the pore structure, charge property, separation mechanism and electrokinetic phenomena of nanofiltration membranes,” Membrane Science and Technology, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 127–134, 2011 (Chinese).
- J. L. C. Santos, V. Geraldes, S. Velizarov, and J. G. Crespo, “Investigation of flow patterns and mass transfer in membrane module channels filled with flow-aligned spacers using computational fluid dynamics (CFD),” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 305, no. 1-2, pp. 103–117, 2007.
- M. Frappart, M. Y. Jaffrin, L. H. Ding, and V. Espina, “Effect of vibration frequency and membrane shear rate on nanofiltration of diluted milk, using a vibratory dynamic filtration system,” Separation and Purification Technology, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 212–221, 2008.
- J. S. Vrouwenvelder, C. Picioreanu, J. C. Kruithof, and M. C. M. van Loosdrecht, “Biofouling in spiral wound membrane systems: three-dimensional CFD model based evaluation of experimental data,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 346, no. 1, pp. 71–85, 2010.
- G. A. Fimbres-Weihs and D. E. Wiley, “Review of 3D CFD modeling of flow and mass transfer in narrow spacer-filled channels in membrane modules,” Chemical Engineering and Processing, vol. 49, no. 7, pp. 759–781, 2010.
- F. Cortés-Juan, B. Balannec, and T. Renouard, “CFD-assisted design improvement of a bench-scale nanofiltration cell,” Separation and Purification Technology, vol. 82, pp. 177–184, 2011.
- H. H. Zhan, H. Zhu, J. D. Chen, and G. Wang, “Numerical simulation of secondary Flow (Dean vortices) in 90° curved tube,” Boiler Technology, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 1–5, 2010.
- W. R. Dean, “Fluid motion in a curved channel,” pp. 403–419, 1928, http://rspa.royalsocietypublishing.org/.
- T. H. Shih, W. W. Liou, A. Shabbir, Z. Yang, and J. Zhu, “A new eddy viscosity model for high reynolds number turbulent flows,” Computers and Fluids, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 227–238, 1995.
- M. Lateb, C. Masson, T. Stathopoulos, and C. Bédard, “Comparison of various types of models for pollutant emissions around a two-building configuration,” Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, vol. 115, pp. 9–12, 2013.
- D. M. Wang, Fenxihuaxueshiyan, Huazhong University of Science and Technology Press, Wuhan, China, 2007.
- J. H. Ma, B. H. Sun, J. Zhou, and Q. Li, “Study of separation technology by using nanofiltration membrane in seawater,” Journal of Salt and Chemical Industry, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 1–5, 2007 (Chinese).
- J. M. K. Timmer, H. C. van der Horst, and T. Robbertsen, “Transport of lactic acid through reverse osmosis and nanofiltration membranes,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 85, no. 2, pp. 205–216, 1993.
- A. N. Zhu, W. P. Zhu, and Y. C. Zhang, “Fouling problems of nanofiltration and influence factors of nanofiltration membrane performance,” Membrane Science and Technology, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 43–49, 2003.
- D. J. Liu, Study on seawater nanofiltration [M.S. thesis], Tianjin University, 2008.