- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 136145, 9 pages
Synthesis of Nanosized Zinc-Doped Cobalt Oxyhydroxide Parties by a Dropping Method and Their Carbon Monoxide Gas Sensing Properties
Department of Safety Health and Environmental Engineering, Chung Hwa University of Medical Technology, Tainan 717, Taiwan
Received 22 August 2012; Revised 21 December 2012; Accepted 23 December 2012
Academic Editor: Jinquan Wei
Copyright © 2013 Jian-Wen Wang and Yi-Ming Kuo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Watabe, T. Hujioka, N. Yamaga et al., “Application of micro-electrochemical CO sensor using solid electrolyte to fire detection,” in Digest of the 15th Chemical Sensor Symposium B, vol. 8, pp. 53–56, 1992.
- EN 54 Standard, Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Systems, Part 7, British Standards Institute, 2001.
- B. C. Hagen and J. A. Milke, “Use of gaseous fire signatures as a mean to detect fires,” Fire Safety Journal, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 55–67, 2000.
- J. H. Du, R. C. Zhang, X. Y. Huang, X. Gong, and X. H. Zhang, “Research on early fire detection with CO-CO2 FTIR-spectroscopy,” Spectroscopy and Spectral Analysis, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 899–903, 2007.
- J. H. Sung, Y. S. Lee, J. W. Lim, Y. H. Hong, and D. D. Lee, “Sensing characteristics of tin dioxide/gold sensor prepared by coprecipitation method,” Sensors and Actuators, B, vol. 66, no. 1–3, pp. 149–152, 2000.
- P. Nellia, U. G. Fagliaa, G. Sberveglieria et al., “The aging effect on SnO2-Au thin film sensors: electrical and structural characterization,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 371, no. 1-2, pp. 249–253, 2000.
- K. Fukui and S. Nishida, “A theoretical treatment of molecular complexes i silver-aromatic hydrocarbon complexes,” Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Japan, vol. 34, pp. 1076–1080, 1961.
- W. K. Hu, X. P. Gao, M. M. Geng, Z. X. Gong, and D. Noréus, “Synthesis of CoOOH nanorods and application as coating materials of nickel hydroxide for high temperature Ni-MH cells,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 12, pp. 5392–5394, 2005.
- J. Jansson, A. E. C. Palmqvist, E. Fridell et al., “On the catalytic activity of Co3O4 in low-temperature CO oxidation,” Journal of Catalysis, vol. 211, no. 2, pp. 387–397, 2002.
- F. Grillo, M. M. Natile, and A. Glisenti, “Low temperature oxidation of carbon monoxide: the influence of water and oxygen on the reactivity of a Co3O4 powder surface,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 267–274, 2004.
- S. Mountford, “A sprinkler in the works,” Fire Prevention, no. 366, pp. 48–49, 2003.
- S. Zhuiykov and V. Dowling, “The nanostructured Au-doped cobalt oxyhydroxide based carbon monoxide sensor for fire detection at its earlier stages,” Measurement Science and Technology, vol. 19, no. 2, Article ID 024001, 2008.
- B. Geng, F. Zhan, H. Jiang, Z. Xing, and C. Fang, “Facile production of self-assembly hierarchical dumbbell-like CoOOH nanostructures and their room-temperature CO-gas-sensing properties,” Crystal Growth and Design, vol. 8, no. 10, pp. 3497–3500, 2008.
- Y. Shimizu and M. Egashira, “Basic aspects and challenges of semiconductor gas sensors,” MRS Bulletin, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 18–24, 1999.
- N. Bahlawane, P. A. Premkumar, J. Feldmann, and K. Kohse-Höinghaus, “Preparation of doped spinel cobalt oxide thin films and evaluation of their thermal stability,” Chemical Vapor Deposition, vol. 13, no. 2-3, pp. 118–122, 2007.
- U. S. Choi, G. Sakai, K. Shimanoe, and N. Yamazoe, “Sensing properties of SnO2-Co3O4 composites to CO and H2,” Sensors and Actuators, B, vol. 98, no. 2-3, pp. 166–173, 2004.
- K. Jayanthi, S. Chawla, K. N. Sood, M. Chhibara, and S. Singh, “Dopant induced morphology changes in ZnO nanocrystals,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 255, no. 11, pp. 5869–5875, 2009.
- B. Chi, H. Lin, and J. Li, “Cations distribution of CuxCo3-xO4 and its electrocatalytic activities for oxygen evolution reaction,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 33, no. 18, pp. 4763–4768, 2008.
- R. J. Wu, J. G. Wu, T. K. Tsai, and C. T. Yeh, “Use of cobalt oxide CoOOH in a carbon monoxide sensor operating at low temperatures,” Sensors and Actuators, B, vol. 120, no. 1, pp. 104–109, 2006.
- J. R. Tobias Johnsson Wass, I. Panas, J. Ásbjörnsson, and E. Ahlberg, “Quantum chemical modelling of oxygen reduction on cobalt hydroxide and oxyhydroxide,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 599, no. 2, pp. 295–312, 2007.
- H. Gong, J. Q. Hu, J. H. Wang, C. H. Ong, and F. R. Zhu, “Nano-crystalline Cu-doped ZnO thin film gas sensor for CO,” Sensors and Actuators, B, vol. 115, no. 1, pp. 247–251, 2006.
- R. J. Wu, W. C. Chang, K. M. Tsai, and J. G. Wu, “The Novel CO sensing material CoOOH-WO3 with Au and SWCNT performance enhancement,” Sensors and Actuators, B, vol. 138, no. 1, pp. 35–41, 2009.
- S. Zhuiykov, “Carbon monoxide detection at low temperatures by semiconductor sensor with nanostructured Au-doped CoOOH films,” Sensors and Actuators, B, vol. 129, no. 1, pp. 431–441, 2008.
- L. Liu, C. Guo, S. Li, L. Wang, Q. Dong, and W. Li, “Improved H2 sensing properties of Co-doped SnO2 nanofibers,” Sensors and Actuators, B, vol. 150, no. 2, pp. 806–810, 2010.
- N. Singh, C. Yan, and P. S. Lee, “Room temperature CO gas sensing using Zn-doped In2O3 single nanowire field effect transistors,” Sensors and Actuators, B, vol. 150, no. 1, pp. 19–24, 2010.
- NF X 70-100 French Standard, “Fire Tests: analysis of pyrolysis and combustion gases,” ANFOR, pp. 51, 1986.
- R. A. Potyrailo, H. Ghiradella, A. Vertiatchikh, K. Dovidenko, J. R. Cournoyer, and E. Olson, “Morpho butterfly wing scales demonstrate highly selective vapour response,” Nature Photonics, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 123–128, 2007.