- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 139768, 6 pages
Fabrication and Corrosion Resistance of Superhydrophobic Hydroxide Zinc Carbonate Film on Aluminum Substrates
1Institute of Powder Metallurgy, Central South University, Hunan, Changsha 410083, China
2Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Central South University of Forestry and Technology, Hunan, Changsha 410004, China
Received 29 December 2012; Accepted 24 January 2013
Academic Editor: Li Li
Copyright © 2013 Jin Liang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. M. Abdel-Gaber, B. A. Abd-El-Nabey, I. M. Sidahmed, A. M. El-Zayady, and M. Saadawy, “Kinetics and thermodynamics of aluminium dissolution in 1.0 M sulphuric acid containing chloride ions,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 98, no. 2-3, pp. 291–297, 2006.
- B. Yin, L. Fang, A. Q. Tang, et al., “Novel strategy in increasing stability and corrosion resistance for super-hydrophobic coating on aluminum alloy surfaces,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 258, no. 1, pp. 580–585, 2011.
- W. A. Badawy, F. M. Al-Kharafi, and A. S. El-Azab, “Electrochemical behaviour and corrosion inhibition of Al, Al-6061 and Al–Cu in neutral aqueous solutions,” Corrosion Science, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 709–727, 1999.
- X. Feng and L. Jiang, “Design and creation of superwetting/antiwetting surfaces,” Advanced Materials, vol. 18, no. 23, pp. 3063–3078, 2006.
- X. M. Li, D. Reinhoudt, and M. Crego-Calama, “What do we need for a superhydrophobic surface? A review on the recent progress in the preparation of superhydrophobic surfaces,” Chemical Society Reviews, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 1350–1368, 2007.
- P. Roach, N. J. Shirtcliffe, and M. I. Newton, “Progess in superhydrophobic surface development,” Soft Matter, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 224–240, 2008.
- W. Barthlott and C. Neinhuis, “Purity of the sacred lotus, or escape from contamination in biological surfaces,” Planta, vol. 202, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 1997.
- E. Burkarter, C. K. Saul, F. Thomazi et al., “Electrosprayed superhydrophobic PTFE: a non-contaminating surface,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 40, no. 24, pp. 7778–7781, 2007.
- B. Qian and Z. Shen, “Fabrication of superhydrophobic surfaces by dislocation-selective chemical etching on aluminum, copper, and zinc substrates,” Langmuir, vol. 21, no. 20, pp. 9007–9009, 2005.
- L. Y. Meng and S. J. Park, “Effect of fluorination of carbon nanotubes on superhydrophobic properties of fluoro-based films,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 342, no. 2, pp. 559–563, 2010.
- W. Y. Gan, S. W. Lam, K. Chiang, R. Amal, H. Zhao, and M. P. Brungs, “Novel TiO2 thin film with non-UV activated superwetting and antifogging behaviours,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 952–954, 2007.
- M. Li, J. Zhai, H. Liu, Y. Song, L. Jiang, and D. Zhu, “Electrochemical deposition of conductive superhydrophobic zinc oxide thin films,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 107, no. 37, pp. 9954–9957, 2003.
- L. Zhang, Z. Zhou, B. Cheng, J. M. DeSimone, and E. T. Samulski, “Superhydrophobic behavior of a perfluoropolyether lotus-leaf-like topography,” Langmuir, vol. 22, no. 20, pp. 8576–8580, 2006.
- A. Nakajima, K. Abe, K. Hashimoto, and T. Watanabe, “Preparation of hard super-hydrophobic films with visible light transmission,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 376, no. 1-2, pp. 140–143, 2000.
- A. Venkateswara Rao, S. S. Latthe, D. Y. Nadargi, H. Hirashima, and V. Ganesan, “Preparation of MTMS based transparent superhydrophobic silica films by sol-gel method,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 332, no. 2, pp. 484–490, 2009.
- N. Zhao, F. Shi, Z. Wang, and X. Zhang, “Combining layer-by-layer assembly with electrodeposition of silver aggregates for fabricating superhydrophobic surfaces,” Langmuir, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 4713–4716, 2005.
- H. J. Tsai and Y. L. Lee, “Facile method to fabricate raspberry-like particulate films for superhydrophobic surfaces,” Langmuir, vol. 23, no. 25, pp. 12687–12692, 2007.
- L. Liu, J. Zhao, Y. Zhang, F. Zhao, and Y. Zhang, “Fabrication of superhydrophobic surface by hierarchical growth of lotus-leaf-like boehmite on aluminum foil,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 358, no. 1, pp. 277–283, 2011.
- W. Wu, M. Chen, S. Liang, X. Wang, J. Chen, and F. Zhou, “Superhydrophobic surface from Cu–Zn alloy by one step O2 concentration dependent etching,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 326, no. 2, pp. 478–482, 2008.
- T. Ishizaki and N. Saito, “Rapid formation of a superhydrophobic surface on a magnesium alloy coated with a cerium oxide film by a simple immersion process at room temperature and its chemical stability,” Langmuir, vol. 26, no. 12, pp. 9749–9755, 2010.
- T. Ishizaki, Y. Masuda, and M. Sakamoto, “Corrosion resistance and durability of superhydrophobic surface formed on magnesium alloy coated with nanostructured cerium oxide film and fluoroalkylsilane molecules in corrosive NaCl aqueous solution,” Langmuir, vol. 27, no. 8, pp. 4780–4788, 2011.
- Y. W. Hu, S. Y. Huang, S. Liu, et al., “A corrosion-resistance superhydrophobic TiO2 film,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 258, no. 19, pp. 7460–7464, 2012.
- F. Zhang, S. Chen, L. Dong, Y. Lei, T. Liu, and Y. Yin, “Preparation of superhydrophobic films on titanium as effective corrosion barriers,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 257, no. 7, pp. 2587–2591, 2011.
- B. Su, M. Li, Z. Shi, and Q. Lu, “From superhydrophilic to superhydrophobic: controlling wettability of hydroxide zinc carbonate film on zinc plates,” Langmuir, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 3640–3645, 2009.
- M. Nosonovsky and B. Bhushan, “Superhydrophobic surfaces and emerging applications: non-adhesion, energy, green engineering,” Current Opinion in Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 270–280, 2009.
- A. B. D. Cassie and S. Baxter, “Wettability of porous surfaces,” Transactions of the Faraday Society, vol. 40, pp. 546–551, 1944.
- Z. Yoshimitsu, A. Nakajima, T. Watanabe, and K. Hashimoto, “Effects of surface structure on the hydrophobicity and sliding behavior of water droplets,” Langmuir, vol. 18, no. 15, pp. 5818–5822, 2002.
- L. Xu, Y. S. Ding, C. H. Chen et al., “3D flowerlike α-nickel hydroxide with enhanced electrochemical activity synthesized by microwave-assisted hydrothermal method,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 308–316, 2008.
- X. F. Zhou, Z. L. Hu, Y. Q. Fan, et al., “Microspheric organization of multilayered ZnO nanosheets with hierarchically porous structures,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 31, pp. 11722–11728, 2008.
- K. Kakiuchi, E. Hosono, T. Kimura, H. Imai, and S. Fujihara, “Fabrication of mesoporous ZnO nanosheets from precursor templates grown in aqueous solutions,” Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 63–72, 2006.
- Y. Wang, W. Wang, L. Zhong, J. Wang, Q. Jiang, and X. Guo, “Super-hydrophobic surface on pure magnesium substrate by wet chemical method,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 256, no. 12, pp. 3837–3840, 2010.
- H. J. Jeong, D. K. Kim, S. B. Lee, S. H. Kwon, and K. Kadono, “Preparation of water-repellent glass by sol-gel process using perfluoroalkylsilane and tetraethoxysilane,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 235, no. 1, pp. 130–134, 2001.
- A. Delimi, E. Galopin, Y. Coffinier et al., “Investigation of the corrosion behavior of carbon steel coated with fluoropolymer thin films,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 205, no. 16, pp. 4011–4017, 2011.