- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 154179, 7 pages
Nanoindentation and Adhesion Properties of Ta Thin Films
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, I-Shou University, Kaohsiung 840, Taiwan
Received 1 February 2013; Revised 6 March 2013; Accepted 14 March 2013
Academic Editor: Ugur Serincan
Copyright © 2013 Yuan-Tsung Chen. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Law, R. Sbiaa, T. Liew, and T. C. Chong, “Effects of Ta seed layer and annealing on magnetoresistance in CoFe/Pd-based pseudo-spin-valves with perpendicular anisotropy,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 91, no. 24, Article ID 242504, 3 pages, 2007.
- M. Kowalewski, W. H. Butler, N. Moghadam et al., “The effect of Ta on the magnetic thickness of permalloy (Ni81Fe19) films,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 87, no. 9, pp. 5732–5734, 2000.
- W. Peng, O. Keitel, R. H. Victora, E. Koparal, and J. H. Judy, “Co/Pt superlattices with ultra-thin Ta seed layer on NiFe underlayer for double-layer perpendicular magnetic recording media,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 36, no. 5 I, pp. 2390–2392, 2000.
- K. Weiss, S. Riedel, S. E. Schulz et al., “Development of different copper seed layers with respect to the copper electroplating process,” Microelectronic Engineering, vol. 50, no. 1–4, pp. 433–440, 2000.
- W. P. Jayasekara, S. Zhang, D. Mauri, S. Nguyen, and T. Shatz, “Etching of spin-valve capping layers for sensor stabilization applications,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 2381–2383, 2003.
- A. G. Roy and D. E. Laughlin, “Effect of seed layers in improving the crystallographic texture of CoCrPt perpendicular recording media,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 91, no. 10, pp. 8076–8078, 2002.
- Y. T. Chen, Y. C. Lin, S. U. Jen, J. Y. Tseng, and Y. D. Yao, “Effect of Ta seed layer on crystalline structure and magnetic properties in an exchange-biased Co/IrMn system,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 509, no. 18, pp. 5587–5590, 2011.
- T. H. Meen, W. R. Chen, C. J. Huang, and C. J. Chiu, “Thin copper seed layers in interconnect metallization using the electroless plating process,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 43, no. 8, pp. 5100–5104, 2004.
- S. U. Jen, Y. T. Chen, N. T. Yang, and W. C. Cheng, “Mechanical and structural properties of Permalloy films on glass and/or Si(111) substrates,” Applied Physics A, vol. 94, no. 2, pp. 431–436, 2008.
- S. R. Jian, J. S. C. Jang, Y. S. Lai et al., “Mechanical properties of InGaN thin films deposited by metal-organic chemical vapor deposition,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 109, no. 2-3, pp. 360–364, 2008.
- S. R. Jian, I. J. Teng, P. F. Yang et al., “Surface morphological and nanomechanical properties of PLD-derived ZnO thin films,” Nanoscale Research Letters, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 186–193, 2008.
- S. R. Jian, J. S. C. Jang, G. J. Chen, H. G. Chen, and Y. T. Chen, “Nanoindentation on a-plane ZnO thin films,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 479, no. 1-2, pp. 348–351, 2009.
- K. M. Yin, L. Chang, F. R. Chen et al., “Oxidation of Ta diffusion barrier layer for Cu metallization in thermal annealing,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 388, no. 1-2, pp. 27–33, 2001.
- K. Ma, T. S. Chung, and R. J. Good, “Surface energy of thermotropic liquid crystalline polyesters and polyesteramide,” Journal of Polymer Science B, vol. 36, no. 13, pp. 2327–2337, 1998.
- D. K. Owens and R. C. Wendt, “Estimation of the surface free energy of polymers,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 1741–1747, 1969.
- D. H. Kaelble and K. C. Uy, “Reinterpretation of organic liquid-polytetrafluoroethylene surface interactions,” Journal of Adhesion, vol. 2, pp. 50–60, 1970.
- B. D. Cullity, Elements of X-Ray Diffraction, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass, USA, 2nd edition, 1978.
- Y. T. Chen and C. C. Chang, “Effect of grain size on magnetic and nanomechanical properties of Co60Fe20B20 thin films,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 498, no. 2, pp. 113–117, 2010.
- Y. T. Chen and C. W. Wu, “Effect of grain size on nano-indentation property of Co60Fe20B20 thin film,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 551, pp. 360–364, 2013.
- Y. T. Chen and C. W. Wu, “Effect of grain size on nanomechanical property Ni80Fe20 thin film,” Intermatallics, vol. 34, pp. 89–93, 2013.
- R. Venkatraman and J. C. Bravman, “Separation of film thickness and grain boundary strengthening effects in Al thin films on Si,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 7, no. 8, pp. 2040–2048, 1992.
- S. K. Wang, Y. T. Chen, and S. R. Jian, “Determining contact angle and surface energy of Co60Fe20B20 thin films by magnetron sputtering,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2011, Article ID 291935, 4 pages, 2011.