- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 160931, 9 pages
Electrical and Thermal Characterization of Electrospun PVP Nanocomposite Fibers
1Department of Mechanical Engineering, Wichita State University, 1845 Fairmount, Wichita, KS 67260-0133, USA
2Basic Engineering Science Department, Faculty of Engineering, Menoufiya University, Shebin El-Kom, Egypt
3Medical Physics Department, Faculty of Medicine, Jazan University, Saudi Arabia
Received 30 October 2012; Revised 30 January 2013; Accepted 6 February 2013
Academic Editor: Theodorian Borca-Tasciuc
Copyright © 2013 Waseem S. Khan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Stoiljkovic, M. Ishaque, U. Justus et al., “Preparation of water-stable submicron fibers from aqueous latex dispersion of water-insoluble polymers by electrospinning,” Polymer, vol. 48, no. 14, pp. 3974–3981, 2007.
- Z. M. Huang, Y. Z. Zhang, M. Kotaki, and S. Ramakrishna, “A review on polymer nanofibers by electrospinning and their applications in nanocomposites,” Composites Science and Technology, vol. 63, no. 15, pp. 2223–2253, 2003.
- P. R. Kumar, N. Khan, S. Vivekanandhan, N. Satyanarayana, A. K. Mohanty, and M. Misra, “Nanofibers: effective generation by electrospinning and their applications,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 1–25, 2012.
- W. S. Khan, Fabrication and characterization of polyvinylpyrrolidone and polyacrylonitrile electrospun nanocomposite fibers [Ph.D. thesis], Wichita State University, Wichita, Kan, USA, 2010.
- P. P. llich, Selected Problems in Physical Chemistry-Strategies and Interpretations, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2010.
- A. K. Galwey and M. E. Brown, “Application of the arrhenius equation to solid state kinetics: can this be justified?” Thermochimica Acta, vol. 386, no. 1, pp. 91–98, 2002.
- J. J. O'Dwyer, The Theory of Electrical Conduction and Breakdown in Solid Dielectrics, Clarendon Press, Oxford, UK, 1973.
- B. Sundaray, Preparation and characterization of electrospun fibers of carbon nanotube- polymer Nanocomposite [Ph.D. thesis], Department of Physic, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India, 2006.
- X. Zhang, Y. Li, G. Lv, Y. Zuo, and Y. Mu, “Thermal and crystallization studies of nano-hydroxyapatite reinforced polyamide 66 biocomposites,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, vol. 91, no. 5, pp. 1202–1207, 2006.
- X. Chen, S. Wei, C. Gunesoglu et al., “Electrospun magnetic fibrillar polystyrene nanocomposites reinforced with nickel nanoparticles,” Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics, vol. 211, no. 16, pp. 1775–1783, 2010.
- J. Zhu, S. Wei, R. Patil et al., “Ionic liquid assisted electrospinning of quantum dots/elastomer composite nanofibers,” Polymer, vol. 52, no. 9, pp. 1954–1962, 2011.
- D. Zhang, A. B. Karki, D. Rutman et al., “Electrospun polyacrylonitrile nanocomposite fibers reinforced with Fe3O4 nanoparticles: fabrication and property analysis,” Polymer, vol. 50, no. 17, pp. 4189–4198, 2009.
- J. Zhu, S. Wei, D. Rutman, N. Haldolaarachchige, D. P. Young, and Z. Guo, “Magnetic polyacrylonitrile-Fe FeO nanocomposite fibers-electrospinning, stabilization and carbonization,” Polymer, vol. 52, no. 13, pp. 2947–2955, 2011.
- L. Bokobza, “Multiwall carbon nanotubes-filled natural rubber: electrical and Mechanical properties,” Express Polymer Letters, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 213–223, 2012.
- W. S. Khan, R. Asmatulu, and M. B. Yildirim, “Acoustical properties of electrospun fibers for aircraft interior noise reduction,” Journal of Aerospace Engineering, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 376–382, 2012.
- A. Szentes, C. S. Varga, G. Horvath et al., “Electrical resistivity and thermal properties of compatibilized multi-walled crabon nanotube/Polypropylene composites,” EXpress Polymer Letters, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 494–502, 2012.
- J. Zhu, S. Wei, J. Ryu, and Z. Guo, “Strain sensing elastomer/carbon nanofibers ‘Metacomposites’,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 115, no. 27, pp. 13215–13222, 2011.
- N. F. Mott and E. A. Davis, Electronic Process on Non-Crystalline Mateials, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1979.
- L. Wang, L. Zhang, and M. Tian, “Improved polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP)/graphite nanocomposites by solution compounding and spray drying,” Polymers for Advanced Technologies, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 652–659, 2012.
- F. H. Gojny, M. H. G. Wichmann, B. Fiedler et al., “Evaluation and identification of electrical and thermal conduction mechanisms in carbon nanotube/epoxy composites,” Polymer, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 2036–2045, 2006.
- B. Sundaray, V. J. Babu, V. Subramanian, and S. T. Natarajan, “Preparation and characterization of electrospun fibers of Poly(Methyl Methacrylate) single walled carbon notube composites,” Journal of Engineered Fibers and Fabrics, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 39–45, 2008.
- L. Bokobza, “Multiwall carbon nanotube-filled natural rubber: electrical and Mechanical Properties,” Express Polymer Letters, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 213–223, 2012.
- N. Norkhairunnisa, A. Azizan, M. Mariatti, H. Ismail, and L. C. Sim, “Thermal stability and electrical behavior of polydimethylsiloxane nanocomposites with carbon nanotubes and carbon black fillers,” Journal of Composite Materials, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 903–910, 2011.
- B. Qiao, X. Ding, X. Hou, and S. Wu, “Study on the electrospun CNTs/polyacrylonitrile based nanofiber composites,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2011, Article ID 839462, 7 pages, 2011.
- P. Gupta, R. Asmatulu, R. Claus, and G. Wilkes, “Superparamagnetic flexible substrates based on submicron electrospun Estane fibers containing MnZnFe-Ni nanoparticles,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 100, no. 6, pp. 4935–4942, 2006.
- W. S. Khan, R. Asmatulu, Y. H. Lin, Y. Y. Chen, and J. Ho, “Electrospun polyvinylpyrrolidone-based nanocomposite fibers containing (Ni0.6Zn0.4)Fe2O4,” Journal of Nanotechnology, vol. 2012, Article ID 138438, 5 pages, 2012.
- R. Asmatulu, B. Zhang, and N. Nuraje, “A ferrofluid guided system for the rapid separation of the non-magnetic particles in a microfluidic device,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 10, no. 10, pp. 6383–6387, 2010.
- M. Naebe, T. Lin, M. P. Staiger, L. Dai, and X. Wang, “Electrospun single-walled carbon nanotube/polyvinyl alcohol composite nanofibers: structure-property relationships,” Nanotechnology, vol. 19, no. 30, Article ID 305702, 2008.
- W. Edward and W. D, Morphological and mechanical properties of carbon nanotubes/polymer composites via melt compounding [M.S. thesis], North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, USA, 2005.