- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 162315, 6 pages
Growth and Physical Property Study of Single Nanowire (Diameter ~45 nm) of Half Doped Manganite
1Unit for Nanoscience, Department of Condensed Matter Physics and Material Sciences, S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Salt Lake, Kolkata 700098, India
2Department of Physics, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33620, USA
Received 11 December 2012; Accepted 17 February 2013
Academic Editor: Lijun Ji
Copyright © 2013 Subarna Datta et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Ghosh and A. K. Raychaudhuri, “Synthesis and physical properties of ordered arrays of nanowires of complex functional oxides,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 9, no. 9, pp. 5533–5536, 2009.
- K. S. Shankar, S. Kar, A. K. Raychaudhuri, and G. N. Subbanna, “Fabrication of ordered array of nanowires of La0.67Ca0.33MnO3 (x = 0.33) in alumina templates with enhanced ferromagnetic transition temperature,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 84, no. 6, pp. 993–995, 2004.
- T. Sarkar, A. K. Raychaudhuri, A. K. Bera, and S. M. Yusuf, “Effect of size reduction on the ferromagnetism of the manganite La1-xCaxMnO3 (x = 0.33),” New Journal of Physics, vol. 12, Article ID 123026, 2010.
- A. K. Raychaudhuri, Nanolithography and Nanomanipulation, the Chemistry of Nanomaterials Synthesis Properties and Applications, vol. 2 of edited by C. N. R.Rao, A. Muller, and A. K. Cheetham, Wiley-VCH, Berlin, Germany, 2004.
- Y. Chen, J. Li, Y. Han, X. Yang, and J. Dai, “The effect of Mg vapor source on the formation of MgO whiskers and sheets,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 245, no. 1-2, pp. 163–170, 2002.
- J. R. Heath and F. K. LeGoues, “A liquid solution synthesis of single crystal germanium quantum wires,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 208, no. 3-4, pp. 263–268, 1993.
- D. Zhu, H. Zhu, and Y. H. Zhang, “Hydrothermal synthesis of single-crystal La0.5Sr0.5MnO3 nanowire under mild conditions,” Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, vol. 14, no. 27, pp. L519–L524, 2002.
- S. Chandra, A. I. Figueroa, B. Ghosh et al., “Fabrication and magnetic response probed by RF transverse susceptibility in La0.67Ca0.33MnO3 nanowires,” Physica B: Condensed Matter, vol. 407, no. 1, pp. 175–178, 2012.
- R. F. Egerton, “Electron energy-loss spectroscopy in the TEM,” Reports on Progress in Physics, vol. 72, no. 1, Article ID 016502, 2009.
- P. M. Woodward, T. Vogt, D. E. Cox et al., “Influence of cation size on the structural features of Ln1/2A1/2MnO3 Perovskites at room temperature,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 10, no. 11, pp. 3652–3665, 1998.
- Z. L. Wang, J. S. Yin, and Y. D. Jiang, “EELS analysis of cation valence states and oxygen vacancies in magnetic oxides,” Micron, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 571–580, 2000.
- A. Urushibara, Y. Moritomo, T. Arima, A. Asamitsu, G. Kido, and Y. Tokura, “Insulator-metal transition and giant magnetoresistance in La1-xSrxMnO3,” Physical Review B, vol. 51, no. 20, pp. 14103–14109, 1995.
- S. Chandra, A. Biswas, S. Datta et al., “Multiple magnetic transitions and magnetocaloric effect in hydrothermally synthesized single crystalline La0.5Sr0.5MnO3 nanowires,” Materials Research Society Symposium Proceedings, vol. 1454, 2012.
- Z. Jirak, J. Hejtmanek, K. Knmzek, M. Marysk, V. Smma, and R. Sonntag, “Ferromagnetic-antiferromagnetic transition in tetragonal La0.50Sr0.50MnO3,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 217, no. 1–3, pp. 113–119, 2000.
- I. Dhiman, A. Das, P. K. Mishra, and L. Panicker, “Influence of A-site ionic radii on the magnetic structure of charge-ordered La0.5Ca0.5−xSrxMnO3 manganites,” Physical Review B, vol. 77, no. 9, Article ID 094440, 11 pages, 2008.
- J. Spooren, R. I. Walton, and F. Millange, “A study of the manganites La0.5M0.5MnO3 (M = Ca, Sr, Ba) prepared by hydrothermal synthesis,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 15, no. 15, pp. 1542–1551, 2005.
- N. F. Mott and E. A. Davis, Eds., Electronic Processes in Non-Crystalline Materials, Clarendon Press: Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 2nd edition.
- J. M. D. Coey, M. Viret, L. Ranno, and K. Ounadjela, “Electron localization in mixed-valence manganites,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 75, no. 21, pp. 3910–3913, 1995.