- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 164953, 6 pages
A Three-Dimensional Enormous Surface Area Aluminum Microneedle Array with Nanoporous Structure
1Department of Electrical Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 77843-3128, USA
2Department of Engineering Technology, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 77843-3128, USA
3Department of Energy Engineering, National United University, Miaoli 36003, Taiwan
Received 24 December 2012; Accepted 3 January 2013
Academic Editor: Amir Kajbafvala
Copyright © 2013 Po Chun Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Oki, M. Takai, H. Ogawa et al., “Healthcare chip for checking health condition from analysis of trace blood collected by painless needle,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 3722–3727, 2003.
- H. Ogawa, M. Nagai, J. Kikuchi, and Y. Horiike, “Blood painless collection system equipping detection functions for search of vein,” in Proceedings of the 7th Intenational Confrence Miniaturized Chemical and Biochemical Analysis Systems, pp. 741–743, Squaw Valley, Calif, USA, 2003.
- K. Oka, S. Aoyagi, Y. Arai, Y. Isono, G. Hashiguchi, and H. Fujita, “Fabrication of a micro needle for a trace blood test,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 97-98, pp. 478–485, 2002.
- S. Khumpuang, M. Horade, K. Fujioka, and S. Sugiyama, “Geometrical strengthening and tip-sharpening of a microneedle array fabricated by X-ray lithography,” Microsystem Technologies, vol. 13, no. 3-4, pp. 209–214, 2007.
- C. Hohmann, I. Ullrich, R. Lauche, K. E. Choi, R. Lüdtke, and R. Rolke, “The benefit of a mechanical needle stimulation pad in patients with chronic neck and lower back pain: two randomized controlled pilot studies,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 753583, 11 pages, 2012.
- H. Ito, H. Inoue, S. Ryozawa, H. Ikeda, N. Odaka, and N. Eleftheriadis, “Fine-needle aspiration biopsy and endoscopic ultrasound for pretreatment pathological diagnosis of gastric gastrointestinal stromal tumors,” Gastroenterology Research and Practice, vol. 2012, Article ID 139083, 6 pages, 2012.
- L. X. Yang, J. J. Yin, L. L. Wang, G. Xiu Xing, P. Yin, and Q. W. Liu, “Hydrothermal synthesis of hierarchical hydroxyapatite: preparation, growth mechanism and drug release property,” Ceramics International, vol. 38, pp. 495–502, 2012.
- S. Henry, D. V. McAllister, M. G. Allen, and M. R. Prausnitz, “Micromachined needles for the transdermal delivery of drugs,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 11th Annual International Workshop on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS '98), pp. 494–498, Heidelberg, Germany, January 1998.
- P. C. Chen, S. J. Hsieh, C. C. Chen, and J. Zou, “Fabrication and characterization of chemically sensitive needle tips with aluminum oxide nanopores for pH indication,” Ceramics International, 2012.
- C. C. Chen, D. Fang, and Z. Luo, “Fabrication and characterization of highly-ordered valve-metal oxide nanotubes and their derivative nanostructures,” Review in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 1, pp. 229–256, 2012.
- G. C. Wood, P. Skeldon, G. E. Thompson, and K. Shimizu, “A model for the incorporation of electrolyte species into anodic alumina,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 143, no. 1, pp. 74–83, 1996.
- G. C. Wood and J. P. O'Sullivan, “The anodizing of aluminium in sulphate solutions,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 1865–1876, 1970.
- C. C. Chen, Y. Bisrat, Z. P. Luo, R. E. Schaak, C. G. Chao, and D. C. Lagoudas, “Fabrication of single-crystal tin nanowires by hydraulic pressure injection,” Nanotechnology, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 367–374, 2006.
- R. O. Al-Kaysi, T. H. Ghaddar, and G. Guirado, “Fabrication of one-dimensional organic nanostructures using anodic aluminum oxide templates,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2009, Article ID 436375, 14 pages, 2009.
- F. E. Atalay, D. Avsar, H. Kaya, V. Yagmur, S. Atalay, and T. Seckin, “Nanowires of lead-free solder alloy SnCuAg,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2011, Article ID 919853, 6 pages, 2011.
- G. Y. Chen, M. W. Lee, and G. J. Wang, “Fabrication of dye-sensitized solar cells with a 3D nanostructured electrode,” International Journal of Photoenergy, vol. 2010, Article ID 585621, 7 pages, 2010.