- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 178138, 7 pages
A Fluorescent Sensor for Zinc Detection and Removal Based on Core-Shell Functionalized Fe3O4@SiO2 Nanoparticles
1Faculty of Metallurgical and Energy Engineering, Kunming University of Science and Technology, Kunming 650093, China
2National Engineering Laboratory for Vacuum Metallurgy, Kunming University of Science and Technology, Kunming 650093, China
Received 11 December 2012; Accepted 5 January 2013
Academic Editor: Tao Chen
Copyright © 2013 Yaohui Xu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. H. Falchuk, “The molecular basis for the role of zinc in developmental biology,” Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, vol. 188, no. 1-2, pp. 41–48, 1998.
- W. Maret, C. Jacob, B. L. Vallee, and E. H. Fischer, “Inhibitory sites in enzymes: zinc removal and reactivation by thionein,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 96, no. 5, pp. 1936–1940, 1999.
- H. H. Sandstead, “Zinc is essential for brain development and function,” The Journal of Trace Elements in Experimental Medicine, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 165–173, 2003.
- J. A. Duce, A. Tsatsanis, M. A. Cater et al., “Iron-export ferroxidase activity of β-amyloid precursor protein is inhibited by Zinc in Alzheimer's disease,” Cell, vol. 142, no. 6, pp. 857–867, 2010.
- E. M. Alvarez, R. S. Otero, A. H. Ameijeiras, A. M. L. Real, and J. L. L. Garcia, “Effects of aluminum and zinc on the oxidative stress caused by 6-hydroxydopamine autoxidation: relevance for the pathogenesis of Parkinson's disease,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 1586, no. 2, pp. 155–168, 2002.
- T. Liu and S. Liu, “Responsive polymers-based dual fluorescent chemosensors for Zn2+ ions and temperatures working in purely aqueous media,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 83, no. 7, pp. 2775–2785, 2011.
- D. Dong, X. Jing, X. Zhang, X. Hu, Y. Wu, and C. Duan, “Gadolinium (III)-fluorescein complex as a dual modal probe for MRI and fluorescence zinc sensing,” Tetrahedron, vol. 68, pp. 306–310, 2012.
- A. Helal, M. Harun, M. Rashid, C. H. Choi, and H. S. Kim, “New regioisomeric naphthol-substituted thiazole based ratiometric fluorescence sensor for Zn2+ with a remarkable red shift in emission spectra,” Tetrahedron, vol. 68, pp. 647–653, 2012.
- P. Ashokkumar, V. T. Ramakrishnan, and P. Ramamurthy, “Photoinduced electron transfer (PET) based Zn2+ fluorescent probe: transformation of turn-on sensors into ratiometric ones with dual emission in acetonitrile,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry A, vol. 115, pp. 14292–14299, 2011.
- Z. Xu, J. Yoon, and D. R. Spring, “Fluorescent chemosensors for Zn2+,” Chemical Society Reviews, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 1996–2006, 2010.
- Z. Li, M. Yu, L. Zhang et al., “A “switching on” fluorescent chemodosimeter of selectivity to Zn2+ and its application to MCF-7 cells,” Chemical Communications, vol. 46, no. 38, pp. 7169–7171, 2010.
- A. E. Lee, M. R. Grace, A. G. Meyer, and K. L. Tuck, “Fluorescent Zn2+ chemosensors, functional in aqueous solution under environmentally relevant conditions,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 51, no. 8, pp. 1161–1165, 2010.
- M. Li, H. Lu, R. Liu, J. Chen, and C. Chen, “Turn-on fluorescent sensor for selective detection of Zn2+, Cd2+, and Hg2+ in water,” The Journal of Organic Chemistry, vol. 77, pp. 3670–3673, 2012.
- Y. Ding, Y. Xie, X. Li, J. P. Hill, W. Zhang, and W. Zhu, “Selective and sensitive “turn-on” fluorescent Zn2+ sensors based on di- and tripyrrins with readily modulated emission wavelengths,” Chemical Communications, vol. 47, no. 19, pp. 5431–5433, 2011.
- J. Kim, Y. Piao, and T. Hyeon, “Multifunctional nanostructured materials for multimodal imaging, and simultaneous imaging and therapy,” Chemical Society Reviews, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 372–390, 2009.
- A. Quarta, R. D. Corato, L. Manna et al., “Multifunctional nanostructures based on inorganic nanoparticles and oligothiophenes and their exploitation for cellular studies,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 130, no. 32, pp. 10545–10555, 2008.
- R. Bardhan, N. K. Grady, J. R. Cole, A. Joshi, and N. J. Halas, “Fluorescence enhancement by au nanostructures: nanoshells and nanorods,” ACS Nano, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 744–752, 2009.
- J. Gao, H. Gu, and B. Xu, “Multifunctional magnetic nanoparticles: design, synthesis, and biomedical applications,” Accounts of Chemical Research, vol. 42, no. 8, pp. 1097–1107, 2009.
- X. Zhang, H. Niu, Y. Pan, Y. Shi, and Y. Cai, “Modifying the surface of Fe3O4/SiO2 magnetic nanoparticles with C18/NH2 mixed group to get an efficient sorbent for anionic organic pollutants,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 362, no. 1, pp. 107–112, 2011.
- M. Shi, Y. Liu, M. Xu, H. Yang, and C. Wu, “Core/shell Fe3O4@SiO2 nanoparticles modified with PAH as a vector for EGFP plasmid DNA delivery into HeLa cells, macromol,” Bioscience, vol. 11, pp. 1563–1569, 2011.
- Y. Deng, D. Qi, C. Deng, X. Zhang, and D. Zhao, “Superparamagnetic high-magnetization microspheres with an Fe3O4@SiO2 core and perpendicularly aligned mesoporous SiO2 shell for removal of microcystins,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 130, no. 1, pp. 28–29, 2008.
- P. Kluth, C. S. Schnohr, O. H. Pakarinen et al., “Fine structure in swift heavy ion tracks in amorphous SiO2,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 101, no. 17, Article ID 175503, 2008.
- C. R. Li, A. L. Ji, L. Gao, and Z. X. Cao, “Stressed triangular tessellations and fibonacci parastichous spirals on Ag core/SiO2 shell microstructures,” Advanced Materials, vol. 21, no. 45, pp. 4652–4657, 2009.
- H. Chen, C. Deng, and X. Zhang, “Synthesis of Fe304@SiO2@PMMA core-shell-shell magnetic microspheres for highly efficient enrichment of peptides and proteins for MALDI-ToF MS analysis,” Angewandte Chemie - International Edition, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 607–611, 2010.
- X. Kong, Y. Chen, Z. Yang, S. Wang, and Y. Zhou, “A highly sensitive and efficient functionalized magnetic chemosensor for Cu2+ removal,” Physics Procedia, vol. 25, pp. 2125–2130, 2012.
- Y. Zhou, S. Wang, Y. Xie et al., “1, 3-Dipolar cycloaddition as a general route for functionalization of Fe3O4,” Nanotechnology, vol. 19, no. 17, Article ID 175601, 2008.