- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 179794, 5 pages
Bentonite/Iron Oxide Composites: Preparation and Characterization by Hyperfine Methods
1Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University in Prague, V Holešovičkách 2, 18000 Prague 8, Czech Republic
2Palacky University, Šlechtitelů 11, 783 71 Olomouc, Czech Republic
Received 29 March 2013; Accepted 21 June 2013
Academic Editor: Oleg Petracic
Copyright © 2013 Petr Křišťan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. K. Gupta and M. Gupta, “Synthesis and surface engineering of iron oxide nanoparticles for biomedical applications,” Biomaterials, vol. 26, no. 18, pp. 3995–4021, 2005.
- S. Purushotham and R. V. Ramanujan, “Modeling the performance of magnetic nanoparticles in multimodal cancer therapy,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 107, no. 11, Article ID 114701, 2010.
- S. Mornet, S. Vasseur, F. Grasset, and E. Duguet, “Magnetic nanoparticle design for medical diagnosis and therapy,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 14, no. 14, pp. 2161–2175, 2004.
- Q. A. Pankhurst, J. Connolly, S. K. Jones, and J. Dobson, “Applications of magnetic nanoparticles in biomedicine,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 36, no. 13, pp. R167–R181, 2003.
- K. Kluchová, R. Zbořil, J. Tucek et al., “Superparamagnetic maghemite nanoparticles from solid-state synthesis—their functionalization towards peroral MRI contrast agent and magnetic carrier for trypsin immobilization,” Biomaterials, vol. 30, no. 15, pp. 2855–2863, 2009.
- Z. Orolinová and A. Mockovčiaková, “Structural study of bentonite/iron oxide composites,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 114, pp. 956–961, 2009.
- R. Zboril, M. Mashlan, and D. Petridis, “Iron(III) oxides from thermal processes-synthesis, structural and magnetic properties, Mössbauer spectroscopy characterization, and applications,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 969–982, 2002.
- J. Tuček, R. Zbořil, and D. Petridis, “Maghemite nanoparticles by view of Mössbauer spectroscopy,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 926–947, 2006.
- P. Tartaj, M. del Puerto Morales, S. Veintemillas-Verdaguer, T. González-Carreño, and C. J. Serna, “The preparation of magnetic nanoparticles for applications in biomedicine,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 36, no. 13, pp. R182–R197, 2003.
- S.-J. Lee and S. Lee, “The spin structure of maghemite investigated by 57Fe NMR,” New Journal of Physics, vol. 8, article 98, 2006.
- T. J. Bastow, A. Trinchi, M. R. Hill, R. Harris, and T. H. Muster, “Vacancy ordering in γ-Fe2O3 nanocrystals observed by 57Fe NMR,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 321, no. 17, pp. 2677–2681, 2009.
- T. J. Bastow and A. Trinchi, “NMR analysis of ferromagnets: Fe oxides,” Solid State Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 25–31, 2009.
- T. J. Daou, J. M. Greneche, S. J. Lee et al., “Spin canting of maghemite studied by NMR and in-field Mössbauer spectrometry,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 114, pp. 8794–8799, 2010.
- M. Fardis, A. P. Douvalis, D. Tsitrouli et al., “Structural, static and dynamic magnetic properties of dextran coated γ-Fe2O3 nanoparticles studied by 57Fe NMR, Mössbauer, TEM and magnetization measurements,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 24, no. 15, Article ID 156001, 2012.
- W. Sturhahn and E. Gerdau, “Evaluation of time-differential measurements of nuclear-resonance scattering of x rays,” Physical Review B, vol. 49, no. 14, pp. 9285–9294, 1994.
- S. Meiboom and D. Gill, “Modified spin-echo method for measuring nuclear relaxation times,” Review of Scientific Instruments, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 688–691, 1958.
- L. Machala, R. Zbořil, and A. Gedanken, “Amorphous iron(III) oxide—a review,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 111, no. 16, pp. 4003–4018, 2007.
- S.-J. Lee, H. Jung, S. Lee, and J. Dho, “Superparamagnetic behaviour of reentrant weak-ferromagnetic phase in haematite crystal at low temperatures,” New Journal of Physics, vol. 11, Article ID 023020, 2009.