- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 183871, 6 pages
Preparation, Characterization, and Cytotoxicity of Various Chitosan Nanoparticles
1Key Laboratory of Sichuan Province in Medicinal Chemistry, Chengdu University, Chengdu 610106, China
2Department of Pathogenic Biology, Chengdu Medical College, Chengdu 610500, China
Received 27 June 2013; Revised 25 August 2013; Accepted 26 August 2013
Academic Editor: Xinqing Chen
Copyright © 2013 Qian Yao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. F. Jiao, J. Zhou, J. Zhou, G. LiHua, Y. Y. Xing, and X. Li, “Synthesis and characterization of chitosan-based schiff base compounds with aromatic substituent groups,” Iranian Polymer Journal, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 123–136, 2011.
- A. G. Luque-Alcaraz, J. Lizardi, F. M. Goycoolea, et al., “Characterization and antiproliferative activity of nobiletin-loaded chitosan nanoparticles,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2012, Article ID 265161, 7 pages, 2012.
- H. Katas, N. N. S. N. Dzulkefli, and S. Sahudin, “Synthesis of a new potential conjugated TAT-peptide-chitosan nanoparticles carrier via disulphide linkage,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2012, Article ID 134607, 7 pages, 2012.
- P. R. Chen and Y. J. Chuang, “The development of conductive nanoporous chitosan polymer membrane for selective transport of charged molecules,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2013, Article ID 980857, 6 pages, 2013.
- L. Qi, Z. Xu, X. Jiang, C. Hu, and X. Zou, “Preparation and antibacterial activity of chitosan nanoparticles,” Carbohydrate Research, vol. 339, no. 16, pp. 2693–2700, 2004.
- A. Shrestha, S. Zhilong, N. K. Gee, and A. Kishen, “Nanoparticulates for antibiofilm treatment and effect of aging on its antibacterial activity,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 1030–1035, 2010.
- A. Shrestha and A. Kishen, “The effect of tissue inhibitors on the antibacterial activity of chitosan nanoparticles and photodynamic therapy,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 38, no. 9, pp. 1275–1278, 2012.
- A. Shrestha, S.-W. Fong, B.-C. Khoo, and A. Kishen, “Delivery of antibacterial nanoparticles into dentinal tubules using high-intensity focused ultrasound,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 35, no. 7, pp. 1028–1033, 2009.
- L. Y. Ing, N. M. Zin, A. Sarwar, and H. Katas, “Antifungal activity of chitosan nanoparticles and correlation with their physical properties,” International Journal of Biomaterials, vol. 2012, Article ID 62398, 9 pages, 2012.
- M. G. Guerra-Sánchez, J. Vega-Pérez, M. G. Velázquez-del Valle, and A. N. Hernández-Lauzardo, “Antifungal activity and release of compounds on Rhizopus stolonifer (Ehrenb.:Fr.) Vuill. by effect of chitosan with different molecular weights,” Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology, vol. 93, no. 1, pp. 18–22, 2009.
- Z. Zhong, R. Chen, R. Xing et al., “Synthesis and antifungal properties of sulfanilamide derivatives of chitosan,” Carbohydrate Research, vol. 342, no. 16, pp. 2390–2395, 2007.
- K. Ziani, I. Fernández-Pan, M. Royo, and J. I. Maté, “Antifungal activity of films and solutions based on chitosan against typical seed fungi,” Food Hydrocolloids, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 2309–2314, 2009.
- L. Qi, Z. Xu, X. Jiang, Y. Li, and M. Wang, “Cytotoxic activities of chitosan nanoparticles and copper-loaded nanoparticles,” Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 1397–1399, 2005.
- L. Qi and Z. Xu, “In vivo antitumor activity of chitosan nanoparticles,” Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 16, no. 16, pp. 4243–4245, 2006.
- H. Luo, H. Su, X. Wang, L. Wang, and J. Li, “N-Succinyl-chitosan nanoparticles induced mitochondria-dependent apoptosis in K562,” Molecular and Cellular Probes, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 164–169, 2012.
- H. Luo, J. Li, and X. Chen, “Antitumor effect of N-succinyl-chitosan nanoparticles on K562 cells,” Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, vol. 64, no. 8, pp. 521–526, 2010.
- M. Li, J. W. Y. Lam, F. Mahtab, et al., “Biotin-decorated fluorescent silica nanoparticles with aggregation-induced emission characteristics: fabrication, cytotoxicity and biological applications,” Journal of Materials Chemistry B, vol. 1, no. 5, pp. 676–684, 2013.
- M. Patel, R. K. Vadlapatla, S. Shah, and A. K. Mitra, “Molecular expression and functional activity of sodium dependent multivitamin transporter in human prostate cancer cells,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 436, no. 1-2, pp. 324–331, 2012.
- G. Russell-Jones, K. McTavish, J. McEwan, J. Rice, and D. Nowotnik, “Vitamin-mediated targeting as a potential mechanism to increase drug uptake by tumours,” Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, vol. 98, no. 10, pp. 1625–1633, 2004.
- J. Chen, S. Chen, X. Zhao, L. V. Kuznetsova, S. S. Wong, and I. Ojima, “Functionalized single-walled carbon nanotubes as rationally designed vehicles for tumor-targeted drug delivery,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 130, no. 49, pp. 16778–16785, 2008.
- M. Chinol, O. De Cobelli, G. Trifirò et al., “Localization of avidin in superficial bladder cancer: a potentially new approach for radionuclide therapy,” European Urology, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 556–559, 2003.
- Y. Hama, Y. Urano, Y. Koyama, P. L. Choyke, and H. Kobayashi, “Targeted optical imaging of cancer cells using lectin-binding BODIPY conjugated avidin,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 348, no. 3, pp. 807–813, 2006.
- Y. Hama, Y. Urano, Y. Koyama et al., “A target cell-specific activatable fluorescence probe for in vivo molecular imaging of cancer based on a self-quenched avidin-rhodamine conjugate,” Cancer Research, vol. 67, no. 6, pp. 2791–2799, 2007.
- M. Ogawa, N. Kosaka, M. R. Longmire, Y. Urano, P. L. Choyke, and H. Kobayashi, “Fluorophore-quencher based activatable targeted optical probes for detecting in vivo cancer metastases,” Molecular Pharmaceutics, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 386–395, 2009.
- M. S. Celej, G. G. Montich, and G. D. Fidelio, “Conformational flexibility of avidin: the influence of biotin binding,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 325, no. 3, pp. 922–927, 2004.
- S. F. Rosebrough, “Pharmacokinetics and biodistribution of radiolabeled avidin, streptavidin and biotin,” Nuclear Medicine and Biology, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 663–668, 1993.
- B. Schechter, R. Silberman, R. Arnon, and M. Wilchek, “Tissue distribution of avidin and streptavidin injected to mice. Effect of avidin carbohydrate, streptavidin truncated and exogenous biotin,” European Journal of Biochemistry, vol. 189, no. 2, pp. 327–331, 1990.
- Q. Yao, L. Gan, S. Hou, et al., “Development and biodistribution of trans-resveratrol loaded chitosan nanoparticles with free amino groups,” Latin American Journal of Pharmacy, vol. 31, no. 7, pp. 1038–1042, 2012.
- Q. Yao, S.-X. Hou, X. Zhang, G. Zhao, X.-J. Gou, and J.-Z. You, “Preparation and characterization of biotinylated chitosan nanoparticles,” Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 557–561, 2007.