- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 191728, 9 pages
HER Catalytic Activity of Electrodeposited Ni-P Nanowires under the Influence of Magnetic Field
1Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Da-Yeh University, Da-Tsuen, Changhua 515, Taiwan
2Department of Electrical Engineering, Da-Yeh University, Da-Tsuen, Changhua 515, Taiwan
3Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Taipei University of Technology, Taipei 106, Taiwan
Received 23 November 2012; Accepted 26 June 2013
Academic Editor: Jie-Fang Zhu
Copyright © 2013 Hung-Bin Lee et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. M. Jakšić, “Advances in electrocatalysis for hydrogen evolution in the light of the Brewer-Engel valence-bond theory,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 12, no. 11, pp. 727–752, 1987.
- N. Nagai, M. Takeuchi, T. Kimura, and T. Oka, “Existence of optimum space between electrodes on hydrogen production by water electrolysis,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 35–41, 2003.
- D. L. Stojić, M. P. Marčeta, S. P. Sovilj, and Š. S. Miljanić, “Hydrogen generation from water electrolysis—possibilities of energy saving,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 118, no. 1-2, pp. 315–319, 2003.
- R. F. de Souza, J. C. Padilha, R. S. Gonçalves, M. O. de Souza, and J. Rault-Berthelot, “Electrochemical hydrogen production from water electrolysis using ionic liquid as electrolytes: towards the best device,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 164, no. 2, pp. 792–798, 2007.
- G. Lu, P. Evans, and G. Zangari, “Electrocatalytic properties of Ni-based alloys toward hydrogen evolution reaction in acid media,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 150, no. 5, pp. A551–A557, 2003.
- T. Burchardt, “Hydrogen evolution reaction on NiPx alloys,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 627–634, 2000.
- A. Królikowski and A. Wiecko, “Impedance studies of hydrogen evolution on Ni-P alloys,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 47, no. 13-14, pp. 2065–2069, 2002.
- R. K. Shervedani and A. Lasia, “Studies of the hydrogen evolution reaction on Ni-P electrodes,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 144, no. 2, pp. 511–519, 1997.
- H.-B. Lee, C.-H. Hsu, and D.-S. Wu, “A study on the hydrogen evolving activity of electroplated Ni-P coating by using the taguchi method,” Journal of New Materials for Electrochemical Systems, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 237–245, 2011.
- H. Masuda and K. Fukuda, “Ordered metal nanohole arrays made by a two-step replication of honeycomb structures of anodic alumina,” Science, vol. 268, no. 5216, pp. 1466–1468, 1995.
- J. K. Lee, Y. Yi, H. J. Lee, S. Uhm, and J. Lee, “Electrocatalytic activity of Ni nanowires prepared by galvanic electrodeposition for hydrogen evolution reaction,” Catalysis Today, vol. 146, no. 1-2, pp. 188–191, 2009.
- P.-C. Chen, Y.-M. Chang, P.-W. Wu, and Y.-F. Chiu, “Fabrication of Ni nanowires for hydrogen evolution reaction in a neutral electrolyte,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 34, no. 16, pp. 6596–6602, 2009.
- C. S. Hsu, H. B. Lee, C. S. Lin, and C. Y. Lee, “Study on the electrodeposition of Ni-P nanowires and their electrocatalytic properties,” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 768–774, 2010.
- T. Iida, H. Matsushima, and Y. Fukunaka, “Water electrolysis under a magnetic field,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 154, no. 8, pp. E112–E115, 2007.
- H. Matsushima, D. Kiuchi, and Y. Fukunaka, “Measurement of dissolved hydrogen supersaturation during water electrolysis in a magnetic field,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 54, no. 24, pp. 5858–5862, 2009.
- M.-Y. Lin, L.-W. Hourng, and C.-W. Kuo, “The effect of magnetic force on hydrogen production efficiency in water electrolysis,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 1311–1320, 2012.
- C. Y. Yu, Y. L. Yu, H. Y. Sun et al., “Enhancement of the coercivity of electrodeposited nickel nanowire arrays,” Materials Letters, vol. 61, no. 8-9, pp. 1859–1862, 2007.
- H. Chiriac, A.-E. Moga, M. Urse, I. Paduraru, and N. Lupu, “Preparation and magnetic properties of amorphous NiP and CoP nanowire arrays,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 272–276, pp. 1678–1680, 2004.
- H. P. Klug and L. E. Alexander, X-Ray Diffraction Procedures, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1974.
- H. Ezaki, M. Morinaga, S. Watanabe, and J. Saito, “Hydrogen overpotential for intermetallic compounds, TiAl, FeAl and NiAl, containing 3d transition metals,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 39, no. 11-12, pp. 1769–1773, 1994.
- I. Paseka, “Evolution of hydrogen and its sorption on remarkable active amorphous smooth NiP(x) electrodes,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 40, no. 11, pp. 1633–1640, 1995.
- T. Burchardt, V. Hansen, and T. Våland, “Microstructure and catalytic activity towards the hydrogen evolution reaction of electrodeposited NiPx alloys,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 46, no. 18, pp. 2761–2766, 2001.
- C. S. Hsu, H. B. Lee, C. S. Lin, and C. Y. Lee, “The electrocatalytic activity of electrodeposited Ni-P micro-patterned structure in acidic solution,” Journal of Chinese Society of Mechanical Engineers, vol. 32, pp. 103–109, 2011.