- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 208230, 4 pages
Photoluminescence of Hexagonal ZnO Nanorods Hydrothermally Grown on Zn Foils in KOH Solutions with Different Values of Basicity
1Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
2Materials Science Research Center, Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
3Department of Materials Science and Technology, Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Songkhla 90112, Thailand
4Department of Physics and Materials Science, Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Received 18 November 2012; Revised 19 February 2013; Accepted 25 February 2013
Academic Editor: Yun Zhao
Copyright © 2013 Nuengruethai Ekthammathat et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Z. Pei, H. S. Zhao, W. Tan, H. Y. Yu, Y. W. Chen, and Q. F. Zhang, “Single crystalline ZnO nanorods grown by a simple hydrothermal process,” Materials Characterization, vol. 60, no. 9, pp. 1063–1067, 2009.
- Z. Li, X. Huang, J. Liu, Y. Li, and G. Li, “Morphology control and transition of ZnO nanorod arrays by a simple hydrothermal method,” Materials Letters, vol. 62, no. 10-11, pp. 1503–1506, 2008.
- X. Wu, H. Chen, L. Gong, F. Qu, and Y. Zheng, “Low temperature growth and properties of ZnO nanorod arrays,” Advances in Natural Sciences, vol. 2, Article ID 035006, 2011.
- H. Zhang, J. Feng, J. Wang, and M. Zhang, “Preparation of ZnO nanorods through wet chemical method,” Materials Letters, vol. 61, no. 30, pp. 5202–5205, 2007.
- J. H. Yang, J. H. Zheng, H. J. Zhai, L. L. Yang, J. H. Lang, and M. Gao, “Growth mechanism and optical properties of ZnO nanosheets by the hydrothermal method on Si substrates,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 481, no. 1-2, pp. 628–631, 2009.
- X. Ren, D. Han, D. Chen, and F. Tang, “Large-scale synthesis of hexagonal cone-shaped ZnO nanoparticles with a simple route and their application to photocatalytic degradation,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 807–813, 2007.
- S. Suwanboon, R. Tanattha, and R. Tanakorn, “Fabrication and properties of nanocrystalline zinc oxide thin film prepared by sol-gel method,” Songklanakarin Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 65–69, 2008.
- D. Wang, C. Song, Z. Hu, W. Chen, and X. Fu, “Growth of ZnO prisms on self-source substrate,” Materials Letters, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 205–208, 2007.
- Powder Diffract, File, JCPDS Internat. Centre Diffract. Data, PA, 19073–3273, U.S.A, 2001.
- J. H. Park, P. Muralidharan, and D. K. Kim, “Solvothermally grown ZnO nanorod arrays on (101) and (002) single- and poly-crystalline Zn metal substrates,” Materials Letters, vol. 63, no. 12, pp. 1019–1022, 2009.
- F. Li, Z. Li, and F. J. Jin, “Structural and luminescent properties of ZnO nanorods,” Materials Letters, vol. 61, no. 8-9, pp. 1876–1880, 2007.
- L. l. Yang, J. H. Yang, D. D. Wang et al., “Photoluminescence and Raman analysis of ZnO nanowires deposited on Si(100) via vapor-liquid-solid process,” Physica E, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 920–923, 2008.
- O. Lupan, L. Chow, L. K. Ono et al., “Synthesis and characterization of Ag- or Sb-doped ZnO nanorods by a facile hydrothermal route,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 114, no. 29, pp. 12401–12408, 2010.
- S. J. Chen, Y. C. Liu, Y. M. Lu, J. Y. Zhang, D. Z. Shen, and X. W. Fan, “Photoluminescence and Raman behaviors of ZnO nanostructures with different morphologies,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 289, no. 1, pp. 55–58, 2006.
- J. Y. Kim, H. Jeong, and D. J. Jang, “Hydrothermal fabrication of well-ordered ZnO nanowire arrays on Zn foil: room temperature ultraviolet nanolasers,” Journal of Nanoparticles Research, vol. 13, no. 12, pp. 6699–6706, 2011.
- W. Li, Y. Sun, and J. Xu, “Controllable hydrothermal synthesis and properties of ZnO hierarchicalmicro/nanostructures,” Nano-Micro Letters, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 98–102, 2012.
- Y. J. Gao, W. C. Zhang, X. L. Wu et al., “Hydrothermal self-assembling of ZnO nanorods into sphere-like superstructures and their optical characteristics,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 255, no. 5, pp. 1982–1987, 2008.
- G. Z. Wang, N. G. Ma, C. J. Deng et al., “Large-scale synthesis of aligned hexagonal ZnO nanorods using chemical vapor deposition,” Materials Letters, vol. 58, no. 16, pp. 2195–2198, 2004.