- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 237439, 6 pages
Shape Effects of Iron Nanowires on Hyperthermia Treatment
1Department of Materials Engineering, Tatung University, Taipei 104, Taiwan
2Institute of Physics, Academia Sinica, Nankang, Taipei 115, Taiwan
3Department of Chemical Engineering, Tatung University, Taipei 104, Taiwan
Received 7 October 2012; Accepted 12 May 2013
Academic Editor: Haiping Hong
Copyright © 2013 Wei-Syuan Lin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Globocan 2008, IARC, 2010, http://www.iarc.fr/.
- B. E. Billard, K. Hynynen, and R. B. Roemer, “Effects of physical parameters on high temperature ultrasound hyperthermia,” Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 409–420, 1990.
- P. Wust, B. Hildebrandt, G. Sreenivasa et al., “Hyperthermia in combined treatment of cancer,” The Lancet Oncology, vol. 3, no. 8, pp. 487–497, 2002.
- C. J. Diederich and K. Hynynen, “Ultrasound technology for hyperthermia,” Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 871–887, 1999.
- P. Cherukuri, E. S. Glazer, and S. A. Curley, “Targeted hyperthermia using metal nanoparticles,” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 339–345, 2010.
- D. L. Zhao, X. X. Wang, X. W. Zeng, Q. S. Xia, and J. T. Tang, “Preparation and inductive heating property of Fe3O4-chitosan composite nanoparticles in an AC magnetic field for localized hyperthermia,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 477, no. 1-2, pp. 739–743, 2009.
- C. S. S. R. Kumar and F. Mohammad, “Magnetic nanomaterials for hyperthermia-based therapy and controlled drug delivery,” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, vol. 63, no. 9, pp. 789–808, 2011.
- G. Zhang, Y. Liao, and I. Baker, “Surface engineering of core/shell iron/iron oxide nanoparticles from microemulsions for hyperthermia,” Materials Science and Engineering C, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 92–97, 2010.
- R. Kötitz, W. Weitschies, L. Trahms, and W. Semmler, “Investigation of Brownian and Néel relaxation in magnetic fluids,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 201, no. 1–3, pp. 102–104, 1999.
- G. Nedelcu, “Magnetic nanoparticles impact on tumoral cells in the treatment by magnetic fluid hyperthermia,” Digest Journal of Nanomaterials and Biostructures, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 103–107, 2008.
- G. Nedelcu, “The heating study of two types of colloids with magnetite nanoparticles for tumours therapy,” Digest Journal of Nanomaterials and Biostructures, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 99–102, 2008.
- R. Hergt, S. Dutz, R. Müller, and M. Zeisberger, “Magnetic particle hyperthermia: nanoparticle magnetism and materials development for cancer therapy,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 18, no. 38, pp. S2919–S2934, 2006.
- F. Mohammad, G. Balaji, A. Weber, R. M. Uppu, and C. S. S. R. Kumar, “Influence of gold nanoshell on hyperthermia of superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 114, no. 45, pp. 19194–19201, 2010.
- F. Sonvico, S. Mornet, S. Vasseur et al., “Folate-conjugated iron oxide nanoparticles for solid tumor targeting as potential specific magnetic hyperthermia mediators: synthesis, physicochemical characterization, and in vitro experiments,” Bioconjugate Chemistry, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 1181–1188, 2005.
- W. S. Lin, Z. J. Jian, H. M. Lin et al., “Synthesis and characterization of iron nanowires,” Journal of the Chinese Chemical Society, vol. 60, pp. 85–91, 2013.