- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 240563, 7 pages
Hydrogenic-Donor Impurity Binding Energy Dependence of the Electric Field in GaAs/AlxGa1−xAs Quantum Rings
1College of Science, Hebei United University, Tangshan 063000, China
2College of Light Industry, Hebei United University, Tangshan 063000, China
Received 11 June 2013; Revised 2 July 2013; Accepted 2 July 2013
Academic Editor: Yogendra Mishra
Copyright © 2013 Guangxin Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. K. Mishra, V. S. K. Chakravadhanula, V. Hrkac, et al., “Crystal growth behaviour in Au-ZnO nanocomposite under different annealing environments and photoswitchability,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 112, no. 6, Article ID 064308, 2012.
- O. Lupan, T. Pauporté, B. Viana, et al., “UV-blue and green electroluminescence from Cu-doped ZnO nanorod emitters hydrothermally synthesized on p-GaN,” Journal of Nanoelectronics and Optoelectronics, vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 712–718, 2012.
- D. Gedamu, I. Paulowicz, S. Jebril, Y. Kumar Mishra, and R. Adelung, “Procedures and properties for a direct nano-micro integration of metal and semiconductor nanowires on Si chips,” Journal of Nanotechnology, vol. 2012, Article ID 325732, 13 pages, 2012.
- Z. Gong, Z. C. Niu, S. S. Huang, Z. D. Fang, B. Q. Sun, and J. B. Xia, “Formation of GaAs/AlGaAs and InGaAs/GaAs nanorings by droplet molecular-beam epitaxy,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 87, no. 9, Article ID 093116, 2005.
- M. DeJarld, K. Reyes, P. Smereka, and J. M. Millunchick, “Mechanisms of ring and island formation in lattice mismatched droplet epitaxy,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 102, no. 13, Article ID 133107, 2013.
- M. Abbarchi, L. Cavigli, C. Somaschini et al., “Micro-photoluminescence of GaAs/AlgaAs triple concentric quantum rings,” Nanoscale Research Letters, vol. 6, article 569, 2011.
- S.-S. Li and J.-B. Xia, “Electronic states of InAs/GaAs quantum ring,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 89, no. 6, pp. 3434–3437, 2001.
- S.-S. Li and J.-B. Xia, “Electronic structures of GaAs/AlxGa1−xAs quantum double rings,” Nanoscale Research Letters, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 167–171, 2006.
- Z. Barticevic, M. Pacheco, and A. Latgé, “Quantum rings under magnetic fields: electronic and optical properties,” Physical Review B, vol. 62, no. 11, pp. 6963–6966, 2000.
- G. A. Farias, M. H. Degani, J. A. K. Freire, J. Costa E Silva, and R. Ferreira, “Impurities and geometrical effects on the electron energy spectrum of quantum rings,” Physical Review B, vol. 77, no. 8, Article ID 085316, 2008.
- V. A. Harutyunyan, “Semiconductor nanocylindrical heterolayer in a radial electrostatic field: the electronic spectrum and optical properties,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 256, no. 2, pp. 455–459, 2009.
- V. A. Harutyunyan, “Semiconductor nanotube in strong electrostatic field,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 109, no. 1, Article ID 014325, 2011.
- W. Xie, “Absorption spectra of a donor impurity in a quantum ring,” Physica Status Solidi (B) Basic Research, vol. 246, no. 6, pp. 1313–1317, 2009.
- B. S. Monozon and P. Schmelcher, “Impurity center in a semiconductor quantum ring in the presence of crossed magnetic and electric fields,” Physical Review B, vol. 67, no. 4, Article ID 045203, 2003.
- B. S. Monozon, M. V. Ivanov, and P. Schmelcher, “Impurity center in a semiconductor quantum ring in the presence of a radial electric field,” Physical Review B, vol. 70, no. 20, Article ID 205336, 2004.
- A. Bruno-Alfonso and A. Latgé, “Semiconductor quantum rings: shallow-donor levels,” Physical Review B, vol. 61, no. 23, pp. 15887–15894, 2000.
- M. Aichinger, S. A. Chin, E. Krotscheck, and E. Räsänen, “Effects of geometry and impurities on quantum rings in magnetic fields,” Physical Review B, vol. 73, no. 19, Article ID 195310, 2006.
- M. G. Barseghyan, M. E. Mora-Ramos, and C. A. Duque, “Hydrostatic pressure, impurity position and electric and magnetic field effects on the binding energy and photo-ionization cross section of a hydrogenic donor impurity in an InAs Pöschl-Teller quantum ring,” European Physical Journal B, vol. 84, no. 2, pp. 265–271, 2011.
- M. G. Barseghyan, A. Hakimyfard, A. A. Kirakosyan, M. E. Mora-Ramos, and C. A. Duque, “Hydrostatic pressure and electric and magnetic field effects on the binding energy of a hydrogenic donor impurity in InAs Pöschl-Teller quantum ring,” Superlattices and Microstructures, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 119–127, 2012.
- H. M. Baghramyan, M. G. Barseghyan, C. A. Duque, and A. A. Kirakosyan, “Binding energy of hydrogenic donor impurity in GaAs/Ga1−xAlxAs concentric double quantum rings: effects of geometry, hydrostatic pressure, temperature, and aluminum concentration,” Physica E, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 164–170, 2013.
- A. Zounoubi, I. Zorkani, K. El Messaoudi, and A. Jorio, “Magnetic field effect on the polarizability of shallow donor in cylindrical quantum dot,” Physics Letters A, vol. 312, no. 3-4, pp. 220–227, 2003.
- G. X. Wang and P. Zhang, “Hydrogenic impurity binding energy in self-assembled GaAs/Ga1−xAlxAs quantum rings,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 103, no. 6, Article ID 063713, 2008.
- D. M. Zheng, Z. C. Wang, and B. Q. Xiao, “Effects of hydrostatic pressure on ionized donor bound exciton states in strained wurtzite GaN/AlxGa1−xN cylindrical quantum dots,” Physica B, vol. 407, no. 1, pp. 4160–4167, 2012.
- J. Lapez-Gondar, J. Dalbuquerque E Castro, and L. E. Oliveira, “Electric-field effects on shallow impurity states in GaAs-(Ga,Al)As quantum wells,” Physical Review B, vol. 42, no. 11, pp. 7069–7077, 1990.
- J.-H. Pan, L.-Z. Liu, and M. Liu, “Hydrogenic-donor impurity states in GaAs/AlxGa1−xAs quantum dots in the presence of an electric field,” Chinese Physics Letters, vol. 28, no. 8, Article ID 086201, 2011.
- C. M. Duque, A. L. Morales, M. E. MoraRamos, and C. A. Duque, “Optical nonlinearities associated to applied electric fields in parabolic two-dimensional quantum rings,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 143, no. 1, pp. 81–88, 2011.
- H. Wang, L. Jiang, Q. Gong, and S. Feng, “External electric field effect on the hydrogenic donor impurity in zinc-blende InGaN/GaN cylindrical quantum well wire,” Physica B, vol. 405, no. 18, pp. 3818–3821, 2010.
- G. X. Wang, X. Z. Duan, and L. Y. Ai, “Hydrogenic donor impurity states of quantum ring in the presence of an electric field,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEESYM '12), vol. 1, pp. 738–741, 2012.