- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 251921, 11 pages
The Role of Nanostructured Al2O3 Layer in Reduction of Hot Corrosion Products in Normal YSZ Layer
Department of Materials, Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, 81310 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Received 26 December 2012; Accepted 10 February 2013
Academic Editor: Sheng-Rui Jian
Copyright © 2013 Mohammadreza Daroonparvar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Wang and G. Sayre, “Commercial thermal barrier coatings with a double-layer bond coat on turbine vanes and the process repeatability,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 203, no. 16, pp. 2186–2192, 2009.
- N. Markocsan, P. Nylén, J. Wigren, X. H. Li, and A. Tricoire, “Effect of thermal aging on microstructure and functional properties of zirconia-base thermal barrier coatings,” Journal of Thermal Spray Technology, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 201–208, 2009.
- J. Ilavsky and J. K. Stalick, “Phase composition and its changes during annealing of plasma-sprayed YSZ,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 127, no. 2-3, pp. 120–129, 2000.
- A. G. Evans, D. R. Mumm, J. W. Hutchinson, G. H. Meier, and F. S. Pettit, “Mechanisms controlling the durability of thermal barrier coatings,” Progress in Materials Science, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 505–553, 2001.
- M. Daroonparvar, M. S. Hussain, and M. A. M. Yajid, “The role of formation of continues thermally grown oxide layer on the nanostructured NiCrAlY bond coat during thermal exposure in air,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 261, pp. 287–297, 2012.
- H. Wang, D. Zuo, G. Chen, G. Sun, X. Li, and X. Cheng, “Hot corrosion behaviour of low Al NiCoCrAlY cladded coatings reinforced by nano-particles on a Ni-base super alloy,” Corrosion Science, vol. 52, no. 10, pp. 3561–3567, 2010.
- Z. Chen, N. Q. Wu, J. Singh, and S. X. Mao, “Effect of Al2O3 overlay on hot-corrosion behavior of yttria-stabilized zirconia coating in molten sulfate-vanadate salt,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 443, no. 1-2, pp. 46–52, 2003.
- M. Saremi, A. Afrasiabi, and A. Kobayashi, “Bond coat oxidation and hot corrosion behavior of plasma sprayed YSZ coting on Ni superalloy,” Transactions of JWRI, no. 36, pp. 41–45, 2007.
- B. Ma, Y. Li, and K. Su, “Characterization of ceria-yttria stabilized zirconia plasma-sprayed coatings,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 255, no. 16, pp. 7234–7237, 2009.
- Q. L. Ge, T. C. Lei, J. F. Mao, and Y. Zhou, “In situ transmission electron microscopy observations of the tetragonal-to-monoclinic phase transformation of zirconia in Al2O3-ZrO2 (2 mol % Y2O3) composite,” Journal of Materials Science Letters, vol. 12, no. 11, pp. 819–822, 1993.
- H. C. Chen, Z. Y. Liu, and Y. C. Chuang, “Degradation of plasma-sprayed alumina and zirconia coatings on stainless steel during thermal cycling and hot corrosion,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 223, no. 1, pp. 56–64, 1993.
- Y. Qian, L. Du, and W. Zhang, “Preparation of spherical Y2SiO5 powders for thermal-spray coating,” Particuology, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 368–372, 2009.
- E. Garcia, J. Mesquita-Guimarães, P. Miranzo et al., “Mullite and mullite/ZrO2-7wt.%Y2O3 powders for thermal spraying of environmental barrier coatings,” Journal of Thermal Spray Technology, vol. 19, no. 1-2, pp. 286–293, 2010.
- L. Marcinauskas, “Deposition of alumina coatings from nanopowders by plasma spraying,” Medziagotyra, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 47–51, 2010.
- X. Lin, Y. Zeng, S. W. Lee, and C. Ding, “Characterization of alumina-3 wt.% titania coating prepared by plasma spraying of nanostructured powders,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 627–634, 2004.
- M. S. Hussain and M. R. Daroonparvar, “Application of granulated nano Al2O3 powders in thermal barrier coatings at elevated temperatures,” in Proceedings of The International Thermal Spray Conference (ASM International), pp. 200–205, May 2012.
- S. V. Joshi and M. P. Srivastava, “On the thermal cycling life of plasma-sprayed yttria-stabilized zirconia coatings,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 215–224, 1993.
- G. M. Ingo and T. de Caro, “Chemical aspects of plasma spraying of zirconia-based thermal barrier coatings,” Acta Materialia, vol. 56, no. 18, pp. 5177–5187, 2008.
- J. R. Brandon and R. Taylor, “Phase stability of zirconia-based thermal barrier coatings part II. Zirconia-ceria alloys,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 91–101, 1991.
- M. Saremi, A. Keyvani, and M. H. Sohi, “Hot corrosion resistance and mechanical behavior of atmospheric plasma sprayed conventional and nanostructured zirconia coatings,” International Journal of Modern Physics, vol. 5, pp. 720–727, 2012.
- R. L. Jones, “Some aspects of the hot corrosion of thermal barrier coatings,” Journal of Thermal Spray Technology, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 77–84, 1997.
- I. Gurrappa, “Thermal barrier coatings for hot corrosion resistance of CM 247 LC superalloy,” Journal of Materials Science Letters, vol. 17, no. 15, pp. 1267–1269, 1998.
- R. L. Jones, Experiences in Seeking Stabilizers for Zirconia Having Hot Corrosion-Resistance and High Temperature Tetragonal (t') Stability, Naval Research Latloratory, Washington, DC, USA, 1996.
- M. H. Habibi, L. Wang, and S. M. Guo, “Evolution of hot corrosion resistance of YSZ, Gd2Zr2O7, and Gd2Zr2O7+YSZ composite thermal barrier coatings in Na 2SO 4+V 2O 5 at 1050°C,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 1635–1642, 2012.
- C. Ramachandra, K. N. Lee, and S. N. Tewari, “Durability of TBCs with a surface environmental barrier layer under thermal cycling in air and in molten salt,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 172, no. 2-3, pp. 150–157, 2003.
- S. Y. Park, J. H. Kim, M. C. Kim, H. S. Song, and C. G. Park, “Microscopic observation of degradation behavior in yttria and ceria stabilized zirconia thermal barrier coatings under hot corrosion,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 190, no. 2-3, pp. 357–365, 2005.
- R. C. Weast, CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, CRC Press, Ohio, Cleveland, USA, 58th edition, 1987.