- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 252593, 4 pages
Ferromagnetic Behaviors in Fe-Doped NiO Nanofibers Synthesized by Electrospinning Method
1State Key Laboratory of New Ceramics and Fine Processing, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
2Department of Cardiology, Beijing Hospital, The Ministry of Health, Beijing 100730, China
Received 5 October 2012; Revised 4 December 2012; Accepted 18 December 2012
Academic Editor: Zhengren Huang
Copyright © 2013 Yi-Dong Luo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Ohno, “Making nonmagnetic semiconductors ferromagnetic,” Science, vol. 281, no. 5379, pp. 951–956, 1998.
- S. A. Wolf, D. D. Awschalom, R. A. Buhrman et al., “Spintronics: a spin-based electronics vision for the future,” Science, vol. 294, no. 5546, pp. 1488–1495, 2001.
- T. Dietl and H. Ohno, “Engineering magnetism in semiconductors,” Materials Today, vol. 9, no. 11, pp. 18–26, 2006.
- M. Kobayashi, Y. Ishida, J. L. Hwang et al., “Characterization of magnetic components in the diluted magnetic semiconductor by x-ray magnetic circular dichroism,” Physical Review B, vol. 72, no. 20, 4 pages, 2005.
- Y. Matsumoto, M. Murakami, T. Shono et al., “Room-temperature ferromagnetism in transparent transition metal-doped titanium dioxide,” Science, vol. 291, no. 5505, pp. 854–856, 2001.
- S. B. Ogale, R. J. Choudhary, J. P. Buban et al., “High temperature ferromagnetism with a giant magnetic moment in transparent co-doped ,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 91, no. 7, Article ID 077205, 4 pages, 2003.
- J. Philip, A. Punnoose, B. I. Kim et al., “Carrier-controlled ferromagnetism in transparent oxide semiconductors,” Nature Materials, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 298–304, 2006.
- F. Qian, S. Gradečak, Y. Li, C. Y. Wen, and C. M. Lieber, “Core/multishell nanowire heterostructures as multicolor, high-efficiency light-emitting diodes,” Nano Letters, vol. 5, no. 11, pp. 2287–2291, 2005.
- S. H. Liu, J. F. Jia, J. Wang et al., “Synthesis of Fe-doped NiO nanofibers using electrospinning method and their ferromagnetic properties,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 324, no. 13, pp. 2070–2074, 2012.
- S. Manna, A. K. Deb, J. Jagannath, and S. K. De, “Synthesis and room temperature ferromagnetism in Fe doped NiO nanorods,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 29, pp. 10659–10662, 2008.
- W. Yan, W. Weng, G. Zhang et al., “Structures and magnetic properties of (Fe, Li)-codoped NiO thin films,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 92, no. 5, Article ID 052508, 3 pages, 2008.
- J. Wang, J. Cai, Y. H. Lin, and C. W. Nan, “Room-temperature ferromagnetism observed in Fe-doped NiO,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 87, no. 20, 3 pages, 2005.
- M. Zhao, X. Wang, L. Ning et al., “Synthesis and optical properties of Mg-doped ZnO nanofibers prepared by electrospinning,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 507, no. 1, pp. 97–100, 2010.
- Y. H. Lin, J. Wang, J. Cai et al., “Ferromagnetism and electrical transport in Fe-doped NiO,” Physical Review B, vol. 73, no. 19, 4 pages, 2006.
- J. Van Elp, H. Eskes, P. Kuiper, and G. A. Sawatzky, “Electronic structure of Li-doped NiO,” Physical Review B, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 1612–1622, 1992.
- Y. H. Lin, R. J. Zhao, C. W. Nan, and M. H. Ying, “Enhancement of ferromagnetic properties of NiO:Fe thin film by Li doping,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no. 20, 3 pages, 2006.
- Y. J. Kim, S. Thevuthasan, T. Droubay et al., “Growth and properties of molecular beam epitaxially grown ferromagnetic Fe-doped TiO2 rutile films on TiO2(110),” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 84, no. 18, pp. 3531–3533, 2004.
- L. P. Li, L. J. Chen, R. Qi, and G. S. Li, “Magnetic crossover of NiO nanicrystals at room temperature,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no. 13, Article ID 134102, 3 pages, 2006.
- X. Huang, A. Makmal, J. R. Chelikowsky, and L. Kronik, “Size-dependent spintronic properties of dilute magnetic semiconductor nanocrystals,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 94, no. 23, Article ID 236801, 4 pages, 2005.