- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 252965, 6 pages
Low-Temperature Annealing Induced Amorphization in Nanocrystalline NiW Alloy Films
1State-Key Laboratory for Mechanical Behavior of Material, Xi’an Jiaotong University, Xi’an 710049, China
2State-Key Laboratory for Strength and Vibration of Mechanical Structures, School of Aerospace, Xi’an Jiaotong University, Xi’an 710049, China
Received 23 May 2013; Accepted 20 July 2013
Academic Editor: Fathallah Karimzadeh
Copyright © 2013 Z. Q. Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Inoue, “Stabilization of metallic supercooled liquid and bulk amorphous alloys,” Acta Materialia, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 279–306, 2000.
- E. Pekarskaya, J. F. Löffler, and W. L. Johnson, “Microstructural studies of crystallization of a Zr-based bulk metallic glass,” Acta Materialia, vol. 51, no. 14, pp. 4045–4057, 2003.
- I. Martin, T. Ohkubo, M. Ohnuma, B. Deconihout, and K. Hono, “Nanocrystallization of Zr41.2Ti13.8Cu12.5Ni10.0Be22.5 metallic glass,” Acta Materialia, vol. 52, no. 15, pp. 4427–4435, 2004.
- J. P. Chu, C. T. Liu, T. Mahalingam et al., “Annealing-induced full amorphization in a multicomponent metallic film,” Physical Review B, vol. 69, no. 11, Article ID 113410, 4 pages, 2004.
- J. P. Chu, “Annealing-induced amorphization in a glass-forming thin film,” JOM, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 72–75, 2009.
- J. P. Chu, C.-T. Lo, Y.-K. Fang, and B.-S. Han, “On annealing-induced amorphization and anisotropy in a ferromagnetic Fe-based film: a magnetic and property study,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 88, no. 1, Article ID 012510, 2006.
- J. P. Chu, C.-Y. Wang, L. J. Chen, and Q. Chen, “Annealing-induced amorphization in a sputtered glass-forming film: in-situ transmission electron microscopy observation,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 205, no. 8-9, pp. 2914–2918, 2011.
- S. X. McFadden, R. S. Mishra, R. Z. Vallev, A. P. Zhilyaev, and A. K. Mukherjee, “Low-temperature superplasticity in nanostructured nickel and metal alloys,” Nature, vol. 398, no. 6729, pp. 684–686, 1999.
- G. K. Rane, U. Welzel, and E. J. Mittemeijer, “Grain growth studies on nanocrystalline Ni powder,” Acta Materialia, vol. 60, no. 20, pp. 7011–7023, 2012.
- G. Sharma, J. Varshney, A. C. Bidaye, and J. K. Chakravartty, “Grain growth characteristics and its effect on deformation behavior in nanocrystalline Ni,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 539, pp. 324–329, 2012.
- J. Kacher, I. M. Robertson, M. Nowell, J. Knapp, and K. Hattar, “Study of rapid grain boundary migration in a nanocrystalline Ni thin film,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 528, no. 3, pp. 1628–1635, 2011.
- A. J. Haslam, D. Moldovan, S. R. Phillpot, D. Wolf, and H. Gleiter, “Combined atomistic and mesoscale simulation of grain growth in nanocrystalline thin films,” Computational Materials Science, vol. 23, no. 1-4, pp. 15–32, 2002.
- G. D. Hibbard, K. T. Aust, and U. Erb, “On interfacial velocities during abnormal grain growth at ultra-high driving forces,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 43, no. 19, pp. 6441–6452, 2008.
- C. Detavernier, D. Deduytsche, R. L. Van Meirhaeghe, J. De Baerdemaeker, and C. Dauwe, “Room-temperature grain growth in sputter-deposited Cu films,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 82, no. 12, pp. 1863–1865, 2003.
- M. Ames, J. Markmann, R. Karos, A. Michels, A. Tschöpe, and R. Birringer, “Unraveling the nature of room temperature grain growth in nanocrystalline materials,” Acta Materialia, vol. 56, no. 16, pp. 4255–4266, 2008.
- J. R. Weertman, “Retaining the nano in nanocrystalline alloys,” Science, vol. 337, no. 6097, pp. 921–922, 2012.
- T. Chookajorn, H. A. Murdoch, and C. A. Schuh, “Design of stable nanocrystalline alloys,” vol. Science337, no. 6097, pp. 951–954, 2012.
- A. J. Detor and C. A. Schuh, “Microstructural evolution during the heat treatment of nanocrystalline alloys,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 22, no. 11, pp. 3233–3248, 2007.
- A. J. Detor and C. A. Schuh, “Tailoring and patterning the grain size of nanocrystalline alloys,” Acta Materialia, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 371–379, 2007.
- A. J. Detor, M. K. Miller, and C. A. Schuh, “Solute distribution in nanocrystalline Ni-W alloys examined through atom probe tomography,” Philosophical Magazine, vol. 86, no. 28, pp. 4459–4475, 2006.
- H. Li, F. Jiang, S. Ni et al., “Mechanical behaviors of as-deposited and annealed nanostructured Ni–Fe alloys,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 1–4, 2011.
- F. Ebrahimi and H. Li, “The effect of annealing on deformation and fracture of a nanocrystalline fcc metal,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 1444–1454, 2007.
- T. J. Rupert, J. R. Trelewicz, and C. A. Schuh, “Grain boundary relaxation strengthening of nanocrystalline Ni–W alloys,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 27, no. 9, pp. 1285–1294, 2012.
- P. Schloßmacher and T. Yamasaki, “Structural analysis of electroplated amorphous-nanocrystalline Ni–W,” Mikrochimica Acta, vol. 132, no. 2-4, pp. 309–313, 2000.
- X. L. Yeh, K. Samwer, and W. L. Johnson, “Formation of an amorphous metallic hydride by reaction of hydrogen with crystalline intermetallic compounds—a new method of synthesizing metallic glasses,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 242–243, 1983.
- H. Sieber, G. Wilde, and J. H. Perepezko, “Thermally activated amorphous phase formation in cold-rolled multilayers of Al–Ni, Al–Ta, Al–Fe and Zr–Cu,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 250-252, pp. 611–615, 1999.
- A. Gabriel, H. L. Lukas, C. H. Allibert, and I. Ansara, “Experimental and calculated phase diagrams of the Ni–W, Co–W and Co–Ni–W system,” Zeitschrift für Metallkunde, vol. 76, no. 9, pp. 589–595, 1985.
- T. J. Rupert, J. C. Trenkle, and C. A. Schuh, “Enhanced solid solution effects on the strength of nanocrystalline alloys,” Acta Materialia, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 1619–1631, 2011.
- A. O. Aning, Z. Wang, and T. H. Courtney, “Tungsten solution kinetics and amorphization of nickel in mechanically alloyed NiW alloys,” Acta Metallurgica Et Materialia, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 165–174, 1993.
- A. J. Detor and C. A. Schuh, “Grain boundary segregation, chemical ordering and stability of nanocrystalline alloys: atomistic computer simulations in the Ni–W system,” Acta Materialia, vol. 55, no. 12, pp. 4221–4232, 2007.
- H. Gleiter, “Nanocrystalline solids,” Journal of Applied Crystallography, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 79–90, 1991.
- J. Jing, A. Krämer, R. Birringer, H. Gleiter, and U. Gonser, “Modified atomic structure in a PdFeSi nanoglass. A Mössbauer study,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 113, no. 2-3, pp. 167–170, 1989.
- H. Gleiter, “Our thoughts are ours, their ends none of our own: are there ways to synthesize materials beyond the limitations of today?” Acta Materialia, vol. 56, no. 19, pp. 5875–5893, 2008.
- D. Şopu, K. Albe, Y. Ritter, and H. Gleiter, “From nanoglasses to bulk massive glasses,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 94, no. 19, Article ID 191911, 2009.
- T.-H. Yang, R.-T. Huang, C.-A. Wu et al., “Effect of annealing on atomic ordering of amorphous ZrTaTiNbSi alloy,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 95, no. 24, Article ID 241905, 2009.