- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 258581, 6 pages
Improved Performance of Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells Using a Diethyldithiocarbamate-Modified Surface
1Graduate School of Science and Technology, Shizuoka University, Hamamatsu 432-8011, Japan
2Faculty of Science, University of Peradeniya, 20400 Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
3Research Institute of Electronics, Shizuoka University, Hamamatsu 432-8011, Japan
Received 21 November 2012; Revised 26 February 2013; Accepted 13 March 2013
Academic Editor: Qifeng Zhang
Copyright © 2013 D. M. B. P. Ariyasinghe et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. O'Regan and M. A. Graetzel, “A low-cost, high-efficiency solar cell based on dye-sensitized colloidal TiO2 films,” Nature, vol. 353, pp. 737–740, 1991.
- N. S. Lewis, Solar Energy Utilization, U.S. Department of Energy, Germantown, Md, USA, 2005.
- A. Hagfeldt and M. Gratzel, “Molecular Photovoltaics,” Accounts of Chemical Research, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 269–277, 2000.
- J. Y. Liao and K. C. Ho, “A photovoltaic cell incorporating a dye-sensitized ZnS/ZnO composite thin film and a hole-injecting PEDOT layer,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 86, no. 2, pp. 229–241, 2005.
- Z. Chen, Y. Tang, L. Zhang, and L. Lu, “Electrodeposited nanoporous ZnO films exhibiting enhanced performance in dye-sensitized solar cells,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 51, no. 26, pp. 5870–5875, 2006.
- X. Sheng, Y. Zhao, J. Zhai, I. Jiang, and Zhu, “Electro-hydrodynamic fabrication of ZnO-based dye sensitized solar cells,” Applied Physics B, vol. 87, no. 4, pp. 715–719, 2007.
- A. J. Frank, N. R. Neale, N. Kopidakis, J. van de Lagemaat, and M. Gratzel, “Effect of a coadsorbent on the performance of dye-sensitized TiO2 solar cells: shielding versus band-edge movement,” NREL Report CP-590-38978, 2005.
- P. Balraju, M. Kumar, M. S. Roy, and G. D. Sharma, “Dye sensitized solar cells (DSSCs) based on modified iron phthalocyanine nanostructured TiO2 electrode and PEDOT:PSS counter electrode,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 159, no. 13, pp. 1325–1331, 2009.
- R. Subasri, S. Deshpande, S. Seal, and T. Shinohara, “Evaluation of the performance of TiO2-CeO2 bilayer coatings as photoanodes for corrosion protection of copper,” Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. B1–B4, 2006.
- R. Subasri, T. Shinohara, and K. Mori, “Modified TiO2coatings for cathodic protection applications,” Science and Technology of Advanced Materials, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 501–507, 2005.
- F. Wrochem, J. Wessels, D. Gao, W. Ford, S. Rosselli, and Wirtz, “Uses of dithiocarbamate compounds,” US 2011/0031481 A1, 2011.
- M. Kim, C. Lee, W. Jeong, J. Im, T. Ryu, and N. Park, “Unusual enhancement of photocurrent by incorporation of bronsted base thiourea into electrolyte of dye-sensitized solar cell,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 114, pp. 19849–119852, 2010.
- C. Kim, J. T. Kim, H. Kim, S. H. Park, K. C. Son, and Y. S. Han, “Effects of metal hydroxide-treated photoanode on the performance of hybrid solar cells,” Current Applied Physics, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. e176–e180, 2010.
- K. Prabakar, M. K. Son, D. Ludeman, and H. J. Kim, “Visible light enhanced TiO2 thin film bilayer dye sensitized solar cells,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 519, no. 2, pp. 894–899, 2010.
- J. F. Moulder, W. F. Stickle, P. E. Sobol, and K. D. Bomben, Handbook of X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy, Perkin-Elmer, Eden Prairie, Minn, USA, 1992.
- R. Payne, R. J. Magee, and J. Liesegang, “(II) Infrared and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy of some transition metal dithiocarbamates and xanthates,” Journal of Electron Spectroscopy and Related Phenomena, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 113–130, 1985.
- P. Morf, F. Raimondi, H. G. Nothofer et al., “Dithiocarbamates: functional and versatile linkers for the formation of self-assembled monolayers,” Langmuir, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 658–663, 2006.
- Perkin-Elmer handbook.
- A. Vidal and M. A. Martín Luengo, “Inactivation of titanium dioxide by sulphur: photocatalytic degradation of Vapam,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 32, no. 1-2, pp. 1–9, 2001.
- L. Sang, M. Liao, N. Ikeda, Y. Koide, and M. Sumiya, “Enhanced performance of InGaN solar cell by using a super-thin AlN interlayer,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 99, Article ID 161109, 1 pages, 2011.
- Y. Yu, K. Wu, and D. Wang, “Dye-sensitized solar cells with modified TiO2 surface chemical states: the role of Ti3+,” Applied Physics Letter, vol. 99, Article ID 192104, 2011.