- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 263852, 7 pages
Methanol-Sensing Property Improvement of Mesostructured Zinc Oxide Prepared by the Nanocasting Strategy
1College of Material Science and Engineering, Jilin University, Changchun 130022, China
2Key Laboratory of Semiconductor Nanocomposite Materials of Ministry of Education, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Harbin Normal University, Harbin 150025, China
Received 20 December 2012; Accepted 9 January 2013
Academic Editor: Xiang Wu
Copyright © 2013 Qian Gao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Behrens, F. Studt, I. Kasatkin et al., “The active site of methanol synthesis over Cu/ZnO/Al2O3 industrial catalysts,” Science, vol. 336, no. 6083, pp. 893–897, 2012.
- P. L. Hansen, J. B. Wagner, S. Helveg, J. R. Rostrup-Nielsen, B. S. Clausen, and H. Topsøe, “Atom-resolved imaging of dynamic shape changes in supported copper nanocrystals,” Science, vol. 295, no. 5562, pp. 2053–2055, 2002.
- S. Phadke, J.-Y. Lee, J. West, and A. Salleo, “Using alignment and 2D network simulations to study charge transport through doped ZnO nanowire thin film electrodes,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 21, no. 24, pp. 4691–4697, 2011.
- Q. Zhao, H. Z. Zhang, Y. W. Zhu et al., “Morphological effects on the field emission of ZnO nanorod arrays,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 86, no. 20, Article ID 203115, pp. 1–3, 2005.
- F.-Y. Hung, T.-S. Lui, Y.-T. Chen, and R.-S. Xiao, “Electrical crystallization mechanism and interface characteristics of nanowire ZnO/Al structures fabricated by the solution method,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2012, Article ID 208362, 6 pages, 2012.
- H. Zhang, X. Wu, F. Qu, and G. Zhao, “ZnO microrod arrays grown on a curved sphere surface and their optical properties,” CrystEngComm, vol. 13, no. 20, pp. 6114–6117, 2011.
- Y. Lei, F. Qu, and X. Wu, “Assembling ZnO nanorods into microflowers through a facile solution strategy: morphology control and cathodoluminescence properties,” Nano-Micro Letters, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 45–51, 2012.
- L. Yu, F. Qu, and X. Wu, “Solution synthesis and optimization of ZnO nanowindmills,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 257, no. 17, pp. 7432–7435, 2011.
- L. Gong, X. Wu, C. Ye, F. Qu, and M. An, “Aqueous phase approach to ZnO microspindles at low temperature,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 501, no. 2, pp. 375–379, 2010.
- Q. Wan, Q. H. Li, Y. J. Chen et al., “Fabrication and ethanol sensing characteristics of ZnO nanowire gas sensors,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 84, no. 18, pp. 3654–3656, 2004.
- X. Wang, J. Zhang, Z. Zhu, and J. Zhu, “Humidity sensing properties of Pd2+-doped ZnO nanotetrapods,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 253, no. 6, pp. 3168–3173, 2007.
- N. Al-Hardan, M. J. Abdullah, and A. A. Aziz, “The gas response enhancement from ZnO film for H2 gas detection,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 255, no. 17, pp. 7794–7797, 2009.
- H. Xu, X. Liu, D. Cui, M. Li, and M. Jiang, “A novel method for improving the performance of ZnO gas sensors,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 114, no. 1, pp. 301–307, 2006.
- J. Xu, Q. Pan, Y. Shun, and Z. Tian, “Grain size control and gas sensing properties of ZnO gas sensor,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 277–279, 2000.
- C. M. Ghimbeu, J. Schoonman, M. Lumbreras, and M. Siadat, “Electrostatic spray deposited zinc oxide films for gas sensor applications,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 253, no. 18, pp. 7483–7489, 2007.
- Y. Zeng, T. Zhang, H. Yang et al., “Preparation of Cu-Zn/ZnO core-shell nanocomposite by wire electrical explosion and precipitation process in aqueous solution and CO sensing properties,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 255, no. 7, pp. 4045–4049, 2009.
- M. Tiemann, “Porous metal oxides as gas sensors,” Chemistry, vol. 13, no. 30, pp. 8376–8388, 2007.
- T. Waitz, T. Wagner, T. Sauerwald, C. D. Kohl, and M. Tiemann, “Ordered mesoporous In2O3: synthesis by structure replication and application as a methane gas sensor,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 653–661, 2009.
- N. S. Ramgir, Y. K. Hwang, S. H. Jhung et al., “CO sensor derived from mesostructured Au-doped SnO2 thin film,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 252, no. 12, pp. 4298–4305, 2006.
- A. H. Lu and F. Schüth, “Nanocasting: a versatile strategy for creating nanostructured porous materials,” Advanced Materials, vol. 18, no. 14, pp. 1793–1805, 2006.
- M. Tiemann, “Repeated templating,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 961–971, 2008.
- H. Yang and D. Zhao, “Synthesis of replica mesostructures by the nanocasting strategy,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 1217–1231, 2005.
- H. Yang, Q. Shi, B. Tian et al., “One-step nanocasting synthesis of highly ordered single crystalline indium oxide nanowire arrays from mesostructured frameworks,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 125, no. 16, pp. 4724–4725, 2003.
- F. Jiao, A. Harrison, J. C. Jumas, A. V. Chadwick, W. Kockelmann, and P. G. Bruce, “Ordered mesoporous Fe2O3 with crystalline walls,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 128, no. 16, pp. 5468–5474, 2006.
- Y. Wang, C. M. Yang, W. Schmidt, B. Spliethoff, E. Bill, and F. Schüth, “Weakly ferromagnetic ordered mesoporous Co3O4 synthesized by nanocasting from vinyl-functionalized cubic Ia3d mesoporous silica,” Advanced Materials, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 53–56, 2005.
- C. Dickinson, W. Zhou, R. P. Hodgkins, Y. Shi, D. Zhao, and H. He, “Formation mechanism of porous single-crystal Cr2O3 and Co3O4 templated by mesoporous silica,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 18, no. 13, pp. 3088–3095, 2006.
- T. Waitz, M. Tiemann, P. J. Klar, J. Sann, J. Stehr, and B. K. Meyer, “Crystalline ZnO with an enhanced surface area obtained by nanocasting,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 90, no. 12, Article ID 123108, 2007.
- T. Wagner, T. Waitz, J. Roggenbuck, M. Fröba, C. D. Kohl, and M. Tiemann, “Ordered mesoporous ZnO for gas sensing,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 515, no. 23, pp. 8360–8363, 2007.
- P. Siciliano, “Preparation, characterisation and applications of thin films for gas sensors prepared by cheap chemical method,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 70, no. 1–3, pp. 153–164, 2000.
- S. Choopun, A. Tubtimtae, T. Santhaveesuk, S. Nilphai, E. Wongrat, and N. Hongsith, “Zinc oxide nanostructures for applications as ethanol sensors and dye-sensitized solar cells,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 256, no. 4, pp. 998–1002, 2009.
- C. S. Rout, S. Hari Krishna, S. R. C. Vivekchand, A. Govindaraj, and C. N. R. Rao, “Hydrogen and ethanol sensors based on ZnO nanorods, nanowires and nanotubes,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 418, no. 4-6, pp. 586–590, 2006.
- D. Zhao, Q. Huo, J. Feng, B. F. Chmelka, and G. D. Stucky, “Nonionic triblock and star diblock copolymer and oligomeric sufactant syntheses of highly ordered, hydrothermally stable, mesoporous silica structures,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 120, no. 24, pp. 6024–6036, 1998.
- S. Jun, S. H. Joo, R. Ryoo et al., “Synthesis of new, nanoporous carbon with hexagonally ordered mesostructure,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 122, no. 43, pp. 10712–10713, 2000.
- J. A. Schwarz, C. Contescu, and A. Contescu, “Methods for preparation of catalytic materials,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 95, no. 3, pp. 477–510, 1995.
- N. G. Patel, P. D. Patel, and V. S. Vaishnav, “Indium tin oxide (ITO) thin film gas sensor for detection of methanol at room temperature,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 96, no. 1-2, pp. 180–189, 2003.