- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 270289, 6 pages
Aligned Carbon Nanotubes Array by DC Glow Plasma Etching for Supercapacitor
1Institute of Mathematics and Physics, Central South University of Forestry and Technology, Changsha, Hunan 410004, China
2State Key Laboratory of Molecular Engineering of Polymers, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, China
3Material Science and Engineering College, Central South University of Forestry and Technology, Changsha, Hunan 410004, China
Received 4 January 2013; Accepted 29 January 2013
Academic Editor: Li Li
Copyright © 2013 Yongfeng Luo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Zhu, D. W. Hess, and C. Wong, “Monitoring carbon nanotube growth by formation of nanotube stacks and investigation of the diffusion-controlled kinetics,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 11, pp. 5445–5449, 2006.
- W. Guo, C. Liu, X. Sun, Z. Yang, H. G. Kia, and H. Peng, “Aligned carbon nanotube/polymer composite fibers with improved mechanical strength and electrical conductivity,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 903–908, 2012.
- H. Peng and X. Sun, “Macroporous carbon nanotube arrays with tunable pore sizes and their template applications,” Chemical Communications, vol. 45, no. 9, pp. 1058–1060, 2009.
- H. Peng, D. Chen, J. Huang et al., “Strong and ductile colossal carbon tubes with walls of rectangular macropores,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 101, no. 14, Article ID 145501, 2008.
- Z. Yang, X. Sun, X. Chen et al., “Dependence of structures and properties of carbon nanotube fibers on heating treatment,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 21, no. 36, pp. 13772–13775, 2011.
- L. Li, Z. Yang, H. Gao et al., “Vertically aligned and penetrated carbon nanotube/polymer composite film and promising electronic applications,” Advanced Materials, vol. 23, no. 32, pp. 3730–3735, 2011.
- S. Huang, L. Li, Z. Yang et al., “A new and general fabrication of an aligned carbon nanotube/polymer film for electrode applications,” Advanced Materials, vol. 23, no. 40, pp. 4707–4710, 2011.
- H. Peng, X. Sun, F. Cai et al., “Electrochromatic carbon nanotube/polydiacetylene nanocomposite fibres,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 4, no. 11, pp. 738–741, 2009.
- H. Peng, M. Jain, D. E. Peterson, Y. Zhu, and Q. Jia, “Composite carbon nanotube/silica fibers with improved mechanical strengths and electrical conductivities,” Small, vol. 4, no. 11, pp. 1964–1967, 2008.
- Y. Luo, Z. Gong, M. He, X. Wang, Z. Tang, and H. Chen, “Fabrication of high-quality carbon nanotube fibers for optoelectronic applications,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 97, pp. 78–82, 2012.
- H. Peng, “Aligned carbon nanotube/polymer composite films with robust flexibility, high transparency, and excellent conductivity,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 130, no. 1, pp. 42–43, 2008.
- T. Chen, S. Wang, Z. Yang et al., “Flexible, light-weight, ultrastrong, and semiconductive carbon nanotube fibers for a highly efficient solar cell,” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 50, no. 8, pp. 1815–1819, 2011.
- M. Zhang, S. Fang, A. A. Zakhidov et al., “Materials science: strong, transparent, multifunctional, carbon nanotube sheets,” Science, vol. 309, no. 5738, pp. 1215–1219, 2005.
- R. H. Baughman, A. A. Zakhidov, and W. A. de Heer, “Carbon nanotubes—the route toward applications,” Science, vol. 297, no. 5582, pp. 787–792, 2007.
- T. Chen, Z. Cai, Z. Yang et al., “Nitrogen-doped carbon nanotube composite fiber with a core-sheath structure for novel electrodes,” Advanced Materials, vol. 23, no. 40, pp. 4620–4625, 2011.
- H. Peng and X. Sun, “Highly aligned carbon nanotube/polymer composites with much improved electrical conductivities,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 471, no. 1–3, pp. 103–105, 2009.
- H. Peng, M. Jain, Q. Li, D. E. Peterson, Y. Zhu, and Q. Jia, “Vertically aligned pearl-like carbon nanotube arrays for fiber spinning,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 130, no. 4, pp. 1130–1131, 2008.
- X. Chen, L. Li, X. Sun, H. G. Kia, and H. Peng, “A novel synthesis of graphene nanoscrolls with tunable dimension at a large scale,” Nanotechnology, vol. 23, no. 5, Article ID 055603, 2012.
- H. Peng, Y. Zhu, D. E. Peterson, and Y. Lu, “Nanolayered carbon/silica superstructures via organosilane assembly,” Advanced Materials, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 1199–1204, 2008.
- X. Sun, T. Chen, S. Huang, L. Li, and H. Peng, “Chromatic polydiacetylene with novel sensitivity,” Chemical Society Reviews, vol. 39, no. 11, pp. 4244–4257, 2010.
- Y. Luo, X. Wang, M. He, X. Li, and H. Chen, “Synthesis of high-quality carbon nanotube arrays without the assistance of water,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2012, Article ID 542582, 5 pages, 2012.
- L. Li, L. Zhang, J. Ren et al., “Intriguing hybrid nanotubes with tunable structures,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 516, no. 4–6, pp. 204–207, 2011.
- Z. Pan, F. C. Au, H. Lai et al., “Very low-field emission from aligned and opened carbon nanotube arrays,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 105, no. 8, pp. 1519–1522, 2001.
- S. Kung, K. C. Hwang, and I. N. Lin, “Oxygen and ozone oxidation-enhanced field emission of carbon nanotubes,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 80, no. 25, pp. 4819–4821, 2002.
- Y. Liu, L. Liu, P. Liu, L. Sheng, and S. Fan, “Plasma etching carbon nanotube arrays and the field emission properties,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 13, no. 9, pp. 1609–1613, 2004.
- Y. Kanazawa, T. Oyama, K. Murakami, and M. Takai, “Improvement in electron emission from carbon nanotube cathodes after Ar plasma treatment,” Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 1342–1344, 2004.
- W. Kim, J. Lee, T. Jeong, J. Heo, B. Kong, and Y. Jin, “Improved emission stability of single-walled carbon nanotube field emitters by plasma treatment,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 87, no. 16, Article ID 163112, pp. 1–3, 2005.
- S. Huang and L. Dai, “Plasma etching for purification and controlled opening of aligned carbon nanotubes,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 106, no. 14, pp. 3543–3545, 2002.
- Z. Han, B. Tay, M. Shakerzadeh, and K. Ostrikov, “Superhydrophobic amorphous carbon/carbon nanotube nanocomposites,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 94, no. 22, Article ID 223106, 2009.
- I. Levchenko and K. Ostrikov, “Nanostructures of various dimensionalities from plasma and neutral fluxes,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 2308–2319, 2007.
- C. Niu, E. K. Sichel, R. Hoch, D. Moy, and H. Tennent, “High power electrochemical capacitors based on carbon nanotube electrodes,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 70, no. 11, pp. 1480–1482, 1997.
- J. N. Barisci, G. G. Wallace, and R. H. Baughman, “Electrochemical characterization of single-walled carbon nanotube electrodes,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 147, no. 12, pp. 4580–4583, 2000.