- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 274805, 7 pages
Antibody-Conjugated Rubpy Dye-Doped Silica Nanoparticles as Signal Amplification for Microscopic Detection of Vibrio cholerae O1
1Program in Bioscience, Faculty of Science, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi, Bangkok 10140, Thailand
2National Institute of Health, Department of Medical Sciences, Tiwanond Road, Nonthaburi 11000, Thailand
3Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi, Bangkok 10140, Thailand
4Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Science, Kasetsart University, Bangkok 10900, Thailand
5Food Safety Center, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi (KMUTT), Bangkok 10140, Thailand
Received 12 July 2013; Accepted 29 August 2013
Academic Editor: Do Kim
Copyright © 2013 Nualrahong Thepwiwatjit et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Tallury, A. Malhotra, L. M. Byrne, and S. Santra, “Nanobioimaging and sensing of infectious diseases,” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, vol. 62, no. 4-5, pp. 424–437, 2010.
- U.-H. Jin, S.-H. Cho, M.-G. Kim et al., “PCR method based on the ogdH gene for the detection of Salmonella spp. from chicken meat samples,” The Journal of Microbiology, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 216–222, 2004.
- D. Rodríguez-Lázaro, M. D'Agostino, A. Herrewegh, M. Pla, N. Cook, and J. Ikonomopoulos, “Real-time PCR-based methods for detection of Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis in water and milk,” International Journal of Food Microbiology, vol. 101, no. 1, pp. 93–104, 2005.
- D. Rip and P. A. Gouws, “Development of an internal amplification control using multiplex PCR for the detection of Listeria monocytogenes in food products,” Food Analytical Methods, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 190–196, 2009.
- B. W. Brooks, J. Devenish, C. L. Lutze-Wallace, D. Milnes, R. H. Robertson, and G. Berlie-Surujballi, “Evaluation of a monoclonal antibody-based enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for detection of Campylobacter fetus in bovine preputial washing and vaginal mucus samples,” Veterinary Microbiology, vol. 103, no. 1-2, pp. 77–84, 2004.
- S.-H. Kim, M.-K. Park, J.-Y. Kim et al., “Development of a sandwich ELISA for the detection of Listeria spp. using specific flagella antibodies,” Journal of Veterinary Science, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 41–46, 2005.
- Y. Y. Wong, S. P. Ng, M. H. Ng, S. H. Si, S. Z. Yao, and Y. S. Fung, “Immunosensor for the differentiation and detection of Salmonella species based on a quartz crystal microbalance,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 676–684, 2002.
- B. A. Morris and A. Sadana, “A fractal analysis of pathogen detection by biosensors,” Biophysical Chemistry, vol. 113, no. 1, pp. 67–81, 2005.
- J. Cai, C. Yao, J. Xia et al., “Rapid parallelized and quantitative analysis of five pathogenic bacteria by ITS hybridization using QCM biosensor,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 155, no. 2, pp. 500–504, 2011.
- W. Sithigorngul, S. Rukpratanporn, N. Sittidilokratna et al., “A convenient immunochromatographic test strip for rapid diagnosis of yellow head virus infection in shrimp,” Journal of Virological Methods, vol. 140, no. 1-2, pp. 193–199, 2007.
- X. Zhao, X. He, W. Li, Y. Liu, L. Yang, and J. Wang, “Development and evaluation of colloidal gold immunochromatographic strip for detection of Escherichia coli O157,” African The Journal of Microbiology Research, vol. 4, no. 9, pp. 663–670, 2010.
- P. Preechakasedkit, K. Pinwattana, W. Dungchai et al., “Development of a one-step immunochromatographic strip test using gold nanoparticles for the rapid detection of Salmonella typhi in human serum,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 562–566, 2012.
- X. Zhao, L. R. Hilliard, S. J. Mechery et al., “A rapid bioassay for single bacterial cell quantitation using bioconjugated nanoparticles,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 101, no. 42, pp. 15027–15032, 2004.
- X. Hun and Z. Zhang, “A novel sensitive staphylococcal enterotoxin C1 fluoroimmunoassay based on functionalized fluorescent core-shell nanoparticle labels,” Food Chemistry, vol. 105, no. 4, pp. 1623–1629, 2007.
- D. Qin, X. He, K. Wang, X. J. Zhao, W. Tan, and J. Chen, “Fluorescent nanoparticle-based indirect immunofluorescence microscopy for detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2007, Article ID 89364, 9 pages, 2007.
- L. Wang, W. Zhao, M. B. O'Donoghue, and W. Tan, “Fluorescent nanoparticles for multiplexed bacteria monitoring,” Bioconjugate Chemistry, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 297–301, 2007.
- W. Tansub, K. Tuitemwong, P. Limsuwan, S. Theparoonrat, and P. Tuitemwong, “Synthesis of antibodies-conjugated fluorescent dye-doped silica nanoparticles for a rapid single step detection of Campylobacter jejuni in live poultry,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2012, Article ID 865186, 7 pages, 2012.
- S. Santra, K. Wang, R. Tapec, and W. Tan, “Development of novel dye-doped silica nanoparticles for biomarker application,” Journal of Biomedical Optics, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 160–166, 2001.
- S. Santra, P. Zhang, K. Wang, R. Tapec, and W. Tan, “Conjugation of biomolecules with luminophore-doped silica nanoparticles for photostable biomarkers,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 73, no. 20, pp. 4988–4993, 2001.
- L. Wang, K. Wang, S. Santra et al., “Watching silica nanoparticles glow in the biological world,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 646–654, 2006.
- L. Wang, W. Zhao, and W. Tan, “Bioconjugated silica nanoparticles: development and applications,” Nano Research, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 99–115, 2008.
- J. Godoy-Navajas, M.-P. Aguilar-Caballos, and A. Gómez-Hens, “Synthesis and characterization of oxazine-doped silica nanoparticles for their potential use as stable fluorescent reagents,” Journal of Fluorescence, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 171–180, 2010.
- L. Wang, C. Yang, and W. Tan, “Dual-luminophore-doped silica nanoparticles for multiplexed signaling,” Nano Letters, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 37–43, 2005.
- M. A. Jensen, S. M. Faruque, J. J. Mekalanos, and B. R. Levin, “Modeling the role of bacteriophage in the control of cholera outbreaks,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 103, no. 12, pp. 4652–4657, 2006.
- W. Lian, S. A. Litherland, H. Badrane et al., “Ultrasensitive detection of biomolecules with fluorescent dye-doped nanoparticles,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 334, no. 1, pp. 135–144, 2004.
- D. Knopp, D. Tang, and R. Niessner, “Review: bioanalytical applications of biomolecule-functionalized nanometer-sized doped silica particles,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 647, no. 1, pp. 14–30, 2009.