- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 293464, 5 pages
Fabrication and Characterization of Manganese Ferrite Nanospheres as a Magnetic Adsorbent of Chromium
1School of Chemistry and Materials Science, Ludong University, Yantai 264025, China
2College of Materials Science and Engineering, Qingdao University of Science and Technology, Qingdao 266042, China
Received 13 December 2012; Accepted 30 January 2013
Academic Editor: Shao-Wen Cao
Copyright © 2013 Li-Xia Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Yáňez-Vilar, M. Sánchez-Andújar, C. Gómez-Aguirre, J. Mira, M. A. Seňaís-Rodríguez, and S. Castro-García, “A simple solvothermal synthesis of MFe2O4(M = Mn, Co and Ni) nanoparticles,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 182, no. 10, pp. 2685–2690, 2009.
- D. Zhang, X. Zhang, X. Ni, J. Song, and H. Zheng, “Low-temperature fabrication of MnFe2O4 octahedrons: magnetic and electrochemical properties,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 426, no. 1–3, pp. 120–123, 2006.
- Q. Zhang, M. Zhu, Q. Zhang, Y. Li, and H. Wang, “Fabrication and magnetic property analysis of monodisperse manganese-zinc ferrite nanospheres,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 321, no. 19, pp. 3203–3206, 2009.
- P. Guo, G. Zhang, J. Yu, H. Li, and Zhao, “Controlled synthesis, magnetic and photocatalytic properties of hollow spheres and colloidal nanocrystal clusters of manganese ferrite,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 395, pp. 168–174, 2012.
- S. A. Katz and H. Salem, “The toxicology of chromium with respect to its chemical speciation: a review,” Journal of Applied Toxicology, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 217–224, 1993.
- A. M. Yusof and N. A. N. N. Malek, “Removal of Cr(VI) and As(V) from aqueous solutions by HDTMA-modified zeolite Y,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 162, no. 2-3, pp. 1019–1024, 2009.
- R. M. Schneider, C. F. Cavalin, M. A. S. D. Barros, and C. R. G. Tavares, “Adsorption of chromium ions in activated carbon,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 132, no. 1–3, pp. 355–362, 2007.
- H. Demiral, I. Demiral, F. Tümsek, and B. Karabacakoǧlu, “Adsorption of chromium(VI) from aqueous solution by activated carbon derived from olive bagasse and applicability of different adsorption models,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 144, no. 2, pp. 188–196, 2008.
- F. Granados-Correa and J. Jiménez-Becerril, “Chromium (VI) adsorption on boehmite,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 162, no. 2-3, pp. 1178–1184, 2009.
- S. Mor, K. Ravindra, and Bishnoi, “Adsorption of chromium from aqueous solution by activated alumina and activated charcoal,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 98, no. 4, pp. 954–957, 2007.
- Y. Li, B. Gao, T. Wu et al., “Hexavalent chromium removal from aqueous solution by adsorption on aluminum magnesium mixed hydroxide,” Water Research, vol. 43, no. 12, pp. 3067–3075, 2009.
- N. Sankararamakrishnan, A. Dixit, L. Iyengar, and R. Sanghi, “Removal of hexavalent chromium using a novel cross linked xanthated chitosan,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 97, no. 18, pp. 2377–2382, 2006.
- V. K. Gupta, S. Agarwal, and T. A. Saleh, “Chromium removal by combining the magnetic properties of iron oxide with adsorption properties of carbon nanotubes,” Water Research, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 2207–2212, 2011.
- L. Wei, G. Yang, R. Wang, and W. Ma, “Selective adsorption and separation of chromium (VI) on the magnetic iron-nickel oxide from waste nickel liquid,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 164, no. 2-3, pp. 1159–1163, 2009.
- L. Ai, H. Huang, Z. Chen, X. Wei, and Jiang, “Activated carbon/CoFe2O4 composites: facile synthesis, magnetic performance and their potential application for the removal of malachite green from water,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 156, no. 2, pp. 243–249, 2010.
- L. Kong, X. Lu, X. Bian, W. Zhang, and C. Wang, “Constructing carbon-coated Fe3O4 microspheres as antiacid and magnetic support for palladium nanoparticles for catalytic applications,” ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 35–42, 2011.
- X. Liu, Q. Hu, Z. Fang, Q. Wu, and Q. Xie, “Carboxyl enriched monodisperse porous Fe3O4 nanoparticles with extraordinary sustained-release property,” Langmuir, vol. 25, no. 13, pp. 7244–7248, 2009.