- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 297564, 9 pages
Self-Assembly, Interfacial Nanostructure, and Supramolecular Chirality of the Langmuir-Blodgett Films of Some Schiff Base Derivatives without Alkyl Chain
1Hebei Key Laboratory of Applied Chemistry, School of Environmental and Chemical Engineering, Yanshan University, Qinhuangdao, Hebei 066004, China
2State Key Laboratory of Solid Lubrication, Lanzhou Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Lanzhou, Gansu 730000, China
Received 14 March 2013; Accepted 23 March 2013
Academic Editor: Xingbin Yan
Copyright © 2013 Tifeng Jiao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Tieke, “Coordinative supramolecular assembly of electrochromic thin films,” Current Opinion in Colloid & Interface Science, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 499–507, 2011.
- M. Schulz, M. Karnahl, M. Schwalbe, and J. G. Vos, “The role of the bridging ligand in photocatalytic supramolecular assemblies for the reduction of protons and carbon dioxide,” Coordination Chemistry Reviews, vol. 256, no. 15-16, pp. 1682–1705, 2012.
- C. P. Myers and M. E. Williams, “Directed self-assembly of inorganic redox complexes with artificial peptide scaffolds,” Coordination Chemistry Reviews, vol. 254, no. 19-20, pp. 2416–2428, 2010.
- P. Zabierowski, J. Szklarzewicz, K. Kurpiewska, K. Lewiński, and W. Nitek, “Assemblies of substituted salicylidene-2-ethanolamine copper(II) complexes: from square planar monomeric to octahedral polymeric halogen analogues,” Polyhedron, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 74–83, 2013.
- P. P. Chakrabarty, D. Biswas, S. García-Granda, A. D. Jana, and S. Saha, “Sodium ion assisted molecular self-assembly in a class of Schiff-base copper(II) complexes,” Polyhedron, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 108–115, 2012.
- J. V. D. Gucht, E. Spruijt, M. Lemmers, and M. A. Cohen Stuart, “Polyelectrolyte complexes: bulk phases and colloidal systems,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 361, no. 2, pp. 407–422, 2011.
- S. Reuter, E. Amado, K. Busse et al., “Formation of 2D spherulites in Langmuir films of amphiphilic T-shaped liquid crystals,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 372, no. 1, pp. 192–201, 2012.
- N. C. M. Zanon, O. N. Oliveira Jr, and L. Caseli, “Immbolization of uricase enzyme in Langmuir and Langmuir-Blodgett films of fatty acids: possible use as a uric acid sensor,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 373, no. 1, pp. 69–74, 2012.
- K. Wohnrath, C. J. L. Constantino, P. A. Antunes et al., “Molecularly organized Langmuir-Blodgett films from a ruthenium biphosphine complex,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 11, pp. 4959–4964, 2005.
- G. Hemakanthi and A. Dhathathreyan, “Synthesis of nickel sulfide using Langmuir-Blodgett films of nickel complex of 2-hydroxy-5-nitro-N-benzylidene hexadecylamine monolayers at air/water interface,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 334, no. 4-6, pp. 245–249, 2001.
- A. Aoki, Y. Abe, and T. Miyashita, “Effective photoinduced electron transfer in hetero-deposited redox polymer LB films,” Langmuir, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 1463–1469, 1999.
- S. Zhang, H. L. Wang, M. Chen, and D. J. Qian, “Monolayers and Langmuir-Blodgett films of Fe2+-mediated polyelectrolyte with viologen derivatives as linkers at the air-water interface,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 384, no. 1–3, pp. 561–569, 2011.
- J. Nagel, U. Oertel, P. Friedel, H. Komber, and D. Mobius, “Langmuir-Blodgett layers from Schiff base copper(II) complexes,” Langmuir, vol. 13, no. 17, pp. 4693–4698, 1997.
- S. S. Sundari, A. Dhathathreyan, M. Kanthimathi, and B. U. Nair, “Langmuir-Blodgett films of Schiff base complexes of copper(II),” Langmuir, vol. 13, no. 18, pp. 4923–4925, 1997.
- R. Vijayalakshmi, A. Dhathathreyan, M. Kanthimathi, V. Subramanian, B. U. Nair, and T. Ramasami, “Penetration of DNA into mixed monolayers of 1,3-bis(salicylideneamino)propanechromium(III) perchlorate and octadecylamine at an air/water interface,” Langmuir, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 2898–2900, 1999.
- Y. Q. Liang, Z. Q. Zhang, L. X. Wu, Y. C. Tian, and H. D. Chen, “Structure control of synthetic bilayer membranes from single-chain amphiphiles containing the Schiff base segment: II. pH and temperature dependence of the aggregational behaviors,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 178, no. 2, pp. 714–719, 1996.
- F. P. Fugisawa, A. P. Ramos, P. C. de Sousa Filho, O. A. Serra, and M. E. D. Zaniquelli, “Formation of thin luminescent Eu3+-LB films by in situ coordination with 2, 3, 5, 6-tetra(2′-pyridyl)pyrazine and 1-octadecanol in pure and mixed Langmuir monolayers,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 132, no. 5, pp. 1116–1121, 2012.
- T. Jiao, C. Cheng, F. Xi, and M. Liu, “Metal ion modulated ultrathin films and nanostructures of tyrosine-based bolaamphiphile at the air/water interface,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 503, no. 1-2, pp. 230–235, 2006.
- Y. Q. Liang, L. X. Wu, Y. C. Tian, Z. Q. Zhang, and H. D. Chen, “Structure control of synthetic bilayer membranes from single-chain amphiphiles containing the Schiff base segment: I. Conformation control and spectral characterization,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 178, no. 2, pp. 703–713, 1996.
- T. Jiao, X. Li, Q. Zhang et al., “Interfacial assembly of a series of trigonal Schiff base amphiphiles in organized molecular films,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 407, pp. 108–115, 2012.
- H. Gong, M. Yin, and M. Liu, “in situ coordination-induced Langmuir film formation of water-soluble 2,5-dimercapto-1,3,4-thiadiazole at the air/water interface and the growth of metal sulfide nanostructures in their templated Langmuir-Schaefer films,” Langmuir, vol. 19, no. 20, pp. 8280–8286, 2003.
- K. Okamoto, M. Taniguchi, M. Takahashi, and A. Yamagishi, “Studies on energy transfer from chiral polypyridyl Ru(II) to Os(II) complexes in cast and Langmuir-Blodgett films,” Langmuir, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 195–201, 2001.
- J. Yuan and M. Liu, “Chiral molecular assemblies from a novel achiral amphiphilic 2-(heptadecyl) naphtha[2,3]imidazole through interfacial coordination,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 125, no. 17, pp. 5051–5056, 2003.
- P. Guo and M. Liu, “Fabrication of chiral Langmuir-Schaefer films of achiral amphiphilic Schiff base derivatives through an interfacial organization,” Langmuir, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 3410–3412, 2005.
- Z. Popović, V. Roje, G. Pavlović, D. Matković-Čalogović, and G. Giester, “The first example of coexistence of the ketoamino-enolimino forms of diamine Schiff base naphthaldimine parts: the crystal and molecular structure of -bis(1-naphthaldimine)--phenylenediamine chloroform (1/1) solvate at 200 K,” Journal of Molecular Structure, vol. 597, no. 1–3, pp. 39–47, 2001.
- T. Jiao and M. Liu, “Phase behaviors and 2D-3D morphological transition of aromatic Schiff base derivatives in organized molecular films,” Acta Physico-Chimica Sinica, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 1418–1424, 2012.
- C. Spitz, S. Dähne, A. Quart, and H. W. Abraham, “Proof of chirality of J-aggregates spontaneously and enantioselectively generated from achiral dyes,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 104, no. 36, pp. 8664–8669, 2000.
- K. Chichak, U. Jacquemard, and N. R. Branda, “The construction of (salophen)ruthenium(II) assemblies using axial coordination,” European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 2002, no. 2, pp. 357–368, 2002.
- K. N. Kumar and R. Ramesh, “Synthesis, luminescent, redox and catalytic properties of Ru(II) carbonyl complexes containing 2N2O donors,” Polyhedron, vol. 24, no. 14, pp. 1885–1892, 2005.
- S. J. Musevi, E. Şahin, and A. Aslani, “Synthesis of PbO and PbBr2 nanopowders from nano-sized 2D lead(II) coordination polymers,” Powder Technology, vol. 229, pp. 30–36, 2012.
- Y. Zheng, N. Guo, Y. Jia, H. Qiao, and H. You, “From big to small: a general strategy of converting lanthanide coordination polymers to oxide and hydroxide nanoparticles,” Inorganic Chemistry Communications, vol. 20, pp. 225–227, 2012.
- I. Weissbuch, S. Guo, R. Edgar et al., “Oriented crystalline thin films of tetracosanedioic acid and its metal salts at the air-aqueous solution interface,” Advanced Materials, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 117–121, 1998.
- I. Weissbuch, P. N. W. Baxter, S. Cohen et al., “Self-assembly at the air-water interface. In-situ preparation of thin films of metal ion grid architectures,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 120, no. 19, pp. 4850–4860, 1998.
- Y. Zhang, R. Jin, L. Zhang, and M. Liu, “Growth of CaCO3 in the templated Langmuir-Blodgett film of a bolaamphiphilic diacid,” New Journal of Chemistry, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 614–617, 2004.
- J. Varshosaz, F. Hassanzadeh, H. Sadeghi, F. Firozian, and M. Mirian, “Effect of molecular weight and molar ratio of dextran on self-assembly of dextran stearate polymeric micelles as nanocarriers for etoposide,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2012, Article ID 265657, 10 pages, 2012.
- Y. Shu, G. Ou, L. Wang, J. Zou, and Q. Li, “Surface modification of titanium with heparin-chitosan multilayers via layer-by-layer self-assembly technique,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2011, Article ID 423686, 8 pages, 2011.
- W. Kong, C. Chen, K. Mai, X. Shi, R. Hu, and Z. Wang, “Large-scale synthesis and selfassembly of monodisperse spherical TiO2 nanocrystals,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2011, Article ID 526246, 4 pages, 2011.
- J. Lu, I. Do, H. Fukushima, I. Lee, and L. T. Drzal, “Stable aqueous suspension and self-assembly of graphite nanoplatelets coated with various polyelectrolytes,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2010, Article ID 186486, 11 pages, 2010.