- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 309617, 7 pages
Improved Processing of Carbon Nanotube Yarn
1Department of Chemical and Material Science Engineering, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45221-0012, USA
2Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45221-0072, USA
Received 22 October 2012; Accepted 10 March 2013
Academic Editor: Qian-Ming Gong
Copyright © 2013 Chaminda Jayasinghe et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. M. Ericson, H. Fan, H. Peng et al., “Macroscopic, neat, single-walled carbon nanotube fibers,” Science, vol. 305, no. 5689, pp. 1447–1450, 2004.
- M. E. Kozlov, R. C. Capps, W. M. Sampson, H. Von Ebron, J. P. Ferraris, and R. H. Baughman, “Spinning solid and hollow polymer-free carbon nanotube fibers,” Advanced Materials, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 614–617, 2005.
- B. Vigolo, A. Penicaud, C. Coulon et al., “Macroscopic fibers and ribbons of oriented carbon nanotubes,” Science, vol. 290, no. 5495, pp. 1331–1334, 2000.
- X. Zhang, Q. Li, Y. Tu et al., “Strong carbon-nanotube fibers spun from long carbon-nanotube arrays,” Small, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 244–248, 2007.
- H. W. Zhu, C. L. Xu, D. H. Wu, B. Q. Wei, R. Vajtai, and P. M. Ajayan, “Direct synthesis of long single-walled carbon nanotube strands,” Science, vol. 296, no. 5569, pp. 884–886, 2002.
- M. Motta, A. Moisala, I. A. Kinloch, and A. H. Windle, “High performance fibres from “dog bone” carbon nanotubes,” Advanced Materials, vol. 19, no. 21, pp. 3721–3726, 2007.
- M. Motta, Y. L. Li, I. Kinloch, and A. Windle, “Mechanical properties of continuously spun fibers of carbon nanotubes,” Nano Letters, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 1529–1533, 2005.
- R. H. Baughman, A. A. Zakhidov, and W. A. De Heer, “Carbon nanotubes—the route toward applications,” Science, vol. 297, no. 5582, pp. 787–792, 2002.
- K. Koziol, J. Vilatela, A. Moisala et al., “High-performance carbon nanotube fiber,” Science, vol. 318, no. 5858, pp. 1892–1895, 2007.
- M. Zhang, K. R. Atkinson, and R. H. Baughman, “Multifunctional carbon nanotube yarns by downsizing an ancient technology,” Science, vol. 306, no. 5700, pp. 1358–1361, 2004.
- Q. Li, X. Zhang, R. F. DePaula et al., “Sustained growth of ultralong carbon nanotube arrays for fiber spinning,” Advanced Materials, vol. 18, no. 23, pp. 3160–3163, 2006.
- X. Zhang, Q. Li, T. G. Holesinger et al., “Ultrastrong, stiff, and lightweight carbon-nanotube fibers,” Advanced Materials, vol. 19, no. 23, pp. 4198–4201, 2007.
- C. Feng, K. Liu, J. S. Wu et al., “Flexible, stretchable, transparent conducting films made from superaligned carbon nanotubes,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 885–891, 2010.
- M. Naraghi, T. Filleter, A. Moravsky, M. Locascio, R. O. Loutfy, and H. D. Espinosa, “A multiscale study of high performance double-walled nanotube-polymer fibers,” ACS Nano, vol. 4, no. 11, pp. 6463–6476, 2010.
- S. Fang, M. Zhang, A. A. Zakhidov, and R. H. Baughman, “Structure and process-dependent properties of solid-state spun carbon nanotube yarns,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 22, no. 33, Article ID 334221, 2010.
- C. Jayasinghe, S. Chakrabarti, M. J. Schulz, and V. Shanov, “Spinning yarn from long carbon nanotube arrays,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 26, pp. 1–7, 2011.
- L. Hu, D. S. Hecht, and G. Grüner, “Infrared transparent carbon nanotube thin films,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 94, no. 8, Article ID 081103, 2009.
- J. H. Jung, T. J. Kang, and J. R. Youn, “Effect of bending rigidity on the capstan equation,” Textile Research Journal, vol. 74, no. 12, pp. 1085–1096, 2004.
- S. Hutton, C. Skourtis, and K. Atkinson, “Tensile and electrical properties of carbon nanotube yarns and knitted tubes in pure or composite form,” International Journal of Technology Transfer and Commercialisation, vol. 7, no. 2-3, pp. 258–264, 2008.