- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 316897, 5 pages
A Tunable 3-Terminal GMR Device Based on a Hybrid Magnetic-Electric-Barrier Nanostructure
Department of Electron Engineering, Hunan University of Science and Engineering, Yongzhou, Hunan 425100, China
Received 27 July 2012; Accepted 12 October 2012
Academic Editor: Mao-Wang Lu
Copyright © 2013 Y. H. Kong et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. N. Baibich, J. M. Broto, A. Fert et al., “Giant magnetoresistance of (001)Fe/(001)Cr magnetic superlattices,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 61, no. 21, pp. 2472–2475, 1988.
- S. A. Wolf, D. D. Awschalom, R. A. Buhrman et al., “Spintronics: a spin-based electronics vision for the future,” Science, vol. 294, no. 5546, pp. 1488–1495, 2001.
- C. A. Ross, “Patterned magnetic recording media,” Annual Review of Materials Science, vol. 31, pp. 203–235, 2001.
- J. M. Daughton, A. V. Pohm, R. T. Fayfield, and C. H. Smith, “Applications of spin dependent transport materials,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 32, no. 22, pp. R169–R177, 1999.
- J. M. Daughton, “GMR applications,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 192, no. 2, pp. 334–342, 1999.
- B.-X. Li, P.-L. Cao, R. Q. Zhang, and S. T. Lee, “Electronic and geometric structure of thin stable short silicon nanowires,” Physical Review B, vol. 65, no. 12, Article ID 125305, 2002.
- G. Papp and F. M. Peeters, “Giant magnetoresistance in a two-dimensional electron gas modulated by magnetic barriers,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 16, no. 46, pp. 8275–8283, 2004.
- G. Papp and F. M. Peeters, “Tunable giant magnetoresistance with magnetic barriers,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 100, no. 4, Article ID 043707, 2006.
- X. D. Yang, R. Z. Wang, Y. Guo et al., “Giant magnetoresistance effect of two-dimensional electron gas systems in a periodically modulated magnetic field,” Physical Review B, vol. 70, no. 11, Article ID 115303, 2004.
- A. Matulis, F. M. Peeters, and P. Vasilopoulos, “Wave-vector-dependent tunneling through magnetic barriers,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 72, no. 10, pp. 1518–1521, 1994.
- V. Kubrak, F. Rahman, B. L. Gallagher et al., “Magnetoresistance of a two-dimensional electron gas due to a single magnetic barrier and its use for nanomagnetometry,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 74, no. 17, pp. 2507–2509, 1999.
- T. Vančura and M. Bichler, “Electron transport in a two-dimensional electron gas with magnetic barriers,” Physical Review B, vol. 62, no. 8, pp. 5074–5078, 2000.
- F. Zhai, H. Q. Xu, and Y. Guo, “Tunable spin polarization in a two-dimensional electron gas modulated by a ferromagnetic metal stripe and a Schottky metal stripe,” Physical Review B, vol. 70, no. 8, Article ID 085308, 2004.
- G. Papp and F. M. Peeters, “Spin filtering in a magnetic-electric barrier structure,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 78, no. 15, pp. 2184–2186, 2001, Erratum, vol. 79, p. 3198, 2001.
- M.-W. Lu, X. H. Yan, and L. D. Zhang, “Spin polarization of electrons tunneling through magnetic-barrier nanostructures,” Physical Review B, vol. 66, no. 22, Article ID 224412, 2002.
- M. Buttiker, “Four-terminal phase-coherent conductance,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 57, no. 14, pp. 1761–1764, 1986.