- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 319840, 6 pages
Preparation, Characterization, and Properties of In Situ Formed Graphene Oxide/Phenol Formaldehyde Nanocomposites
1Key Laboratory of New Processing Technology for Nonferrous Metals and Materials, Ministry of Education, Guilin University of Technology, Guilin 541004, China
2College of Materials Science & Engineering, Guilin University of Technology, Guilin 541004, China
Received 27 February 2013; Accepted 15 April 2013
Academic Editor: Guohua Chen
Copyright © 2013 Weihua Xu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Gardziella, L. A. Pilato, and A. Knop, Phenolic Resins, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- A. Gardziella, L. A. Pilato, and A. Knop, Phenolic Resins: Chemistry, Applications, Standardization, Safety and Ecology, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1985.
- R. W. Martin, The Chemistry of Phenolic Resins, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1956.
- S. Stankovich, R. D. Piner, S. T. Nguyen, and R. S. Ruoff, “Synthesis and exfoliation of isocyanate-treated graphene oxide nanoplatelets,” Carbon, vol. 44, no. 15, pp. 3342–3347, 2006.
- J. Longun and J. O. Iroh, “Nano-graphene/polyimide composites with extremely high rubbery plateau modulus,” Carbon, vol. 50, pp. 1823–2832, 2012.
- T. Szabó, O. Berkesi, and I. Dékány, “DRIFT study of deuterium-exchanged graphite oxide,” Carbon, vol. 43, no. 15, pp. 3186–3189, 2005.
- T. Ramanathan, A. A. Abdala, S. Stankovich et al., “Functionalized graphene sheets for polymer nanocomposites,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 327–331, 2008.
- S. Stankovich, D. A. Dikin, G. H. B. Dommett et al., “Graphene-based composite materials,” Nature, vol. 442, no. 7100, pp. 282–286, 2006.
- H. Liu, Y. Q. Li, T. M. Wang, and Q. H. Wang, “In situ synthesis and thermal, tribological properties of thermosetting polyimide/graphene oxide nanocomposites,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 47, pp. 1867–1874, 2012.
- A. Dideykin, A. E. Aleksenskiy, D. Kirilenko et al., “Monolayer graphene from graphite oxide,” Diamond & Related Materials, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 105–108, 2011.
- D. Li, M. B. Müller, S. Gilje, R. B. Kaner, and G. G. Wallace, “Processable aqueous dispersions of graphene nanosheets,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 101–105, 2008.
- S. Park, K. S. Lee, G. Bozoklu, W. Cai, S. B. T. Nguyen, and R. S. Ruoff, “Graphene oxide papers modified by divalent ions—enhancing mechanical properties via chemical cross-linking,” ACS Nano, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 572–578, 2008.
- W. S. Hummers and R. E. Offeman, “Preparation of graphitic oxide,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 80, no. 6, p. 1339, 1958.
- M. Mermoux and Y. Chabre, “Formation of graphite oxide,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 34, no. 1-3, pp. 157–162, 1989.
- C. Nethravathi and M. Rajamathi, “Chemically modified graphene sheets produced by the solvothermal reduction of colloidal dispersions of graphite oxide,” Carbon, vol. 46, no. 14, pp. 1994–1998, 2008.
- A. A. Balandin, S. Ghosh, W. Bao et al., “Superior thermal conductivity of single-layer graphene,” Nano Letters, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 902–907, 2008.
- M. D. Stoller, S. Park, Z. Yanwu, J. An, and R. S. Ruoff, “Graphene-Based ultracapacitors,” Nano Letters, vol. 8, no. 10, pp. 3498–3502, 2008.
- P. Ramesh, S. Bhagyalakshmi, and S. Sampath, “Preparation and physicochemical and electrochemical characterization of exfoliated graphite oxide,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 274, no. 1, pp. 95–102, 2004.
- M. Fang, K. Wang, H. Lu, Y. Yang, and S. Nutt, “Covalent polymer functionalization of graphene nanosheets and mechanical properties of composites,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 19, no. 38, pp. 7098–7105, 2009.
- Y. Matsuo, K. Tahara, and Y. Sugie, “Synthesis of poly(ethylene oxide)-intercalated graphite oxide,” Carbon, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 672–674, 1996.