- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 357069, 6 pages
A Simple Approach for the Synthesis of Gold Nanoparticles Mediated by Layered Double Hydroxide
1Instituto de Química, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, CT Bloco A, Lab 641, Rio de Janeiro, RJ 21941-909, Brazil
2Instituto de Química, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Macaé, RJ 27930-560, Brazil
3Instituto Alberto Luiz Coimbra de Pós Graduação e Pesquisa de Engenharia, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, CT Bloco F, Rio de Janeiro, RJ 21949-900, Brazil
Received 11 June 2013; Accepted 30 August 2013
Academic Editor: Marinella Striccoli
Copyright © 2013 Aires da Conceição Silva et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Xue, K. Palaniappan, G. Arumugam, S. A. Hackney, J. Liu, and H. Liu, “Sonogashira reactions catalyzed by water-soluble, β-cyclodextrin-capped palladium nanoparticles,” Catalysis Letters, vol. 116, no. 3-4, pp. 94–100, 2007.
- C. Feng, L. Guo, Z. Shen et al., “Synthesis of short palladium nanoparticle chains and their application in catalysis,” Solid State Sciences, vol. 10, no. 10, pp. 1327–1332, 2008.
- T. S. Huang, Y. H. Wang, J. Y. Jiang, and Z. L. Jin, “PEG-stabilized palladium nanoparticles: an efficient and recyclable catalyst for the selective hydrogenation of 1,5-cyclooctadiene in thermoregulated PEG biphase system,” Chinese Chemical Letters, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 102–104, 2008.
- B. C. Ranu, R. Dey, and K. Chattopadhyay, “A one-pot efficient and fast Hiyama coupling using palladium nanoparticles in water under fluoride-free conditions,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 49, no. 21, pp. 3430–3432, 2008.
- S.-W. Kim, J. Park, Y. Jang et al., “Synthesis of monodisperse palladium nanoparticles,” Nano Letters, vol. 3, no. 9, pp. 1289–1291, 2003.
- M. Moreno-Mañas and R. Pleixats, “Formation of carbon-carbon bonds under catalysis by transition-metal nanoparticles,” Accounts of Chemical Research, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 638–643, 2003.
- C.-C. Wang, D.-H. Chen, and T.-C. Huang, “Synthesis of palladium nanoparticles in water-in-oil microemulsions,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 189, no. 1–3, pp. 145–154, 2001.
- J. Bai, Q. Yang, M. Li, S. Wang, C. Zhang, and Y. Li, “Preparation of composite nanofibers containing gold nanoparticles by using poly(N-vinylpyrrolidone) and β- cyclodextrin,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 111, no. 2-3, pp. 205–208, 2008.
- G. Han, P. Ghosh, M. De, and V. M. Rotello, “Drug and gene delivery using gold nanoparticles,” Nanobiotechnology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 40–45, 2007.
- C. Park, H. Youn, H. Kim et al., “Cyclodextrin-covered gold nanoparticles for targeted delivery of an anti-cancer drug,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 19, no. 16, pp. 2310–2315, 2009.
- A. Kumar, H. Ma, X. Zhang et al., “Gold nanoparticles functionalized with therapeutic and targeted peptides for cancer treatment,” Biomaterials, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 1180–1189, 2012.
- C. R. Patra, R. Bhattacharya, D. Mukhopadhyay, and P. Mukherjee, “Fabrication of gold nanoparticles for targeted therapy in pancreatic cancer,” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 346–361, 2010.
- H. Wang, L. Zheng, C. Peng et al., “Computed tomography imaging of cancer cells using acetylated dendrimer-entrapped gold nanoparticles,” Biomaterials, vol. 32, no. 11, pp. 2979–2988, 2011.
- Z. P. Xu, J. Zhang, M. O. Adebajo, H. Zhang, and C. Zhou, “Catalytic applications of layered double hydroxides and derivatives,” Applied Clay Science, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 139–150, 2011.
- M. Mora, C. Jiménez-Sanchidrián, and J. R. Ruiz, “Heterogeneous Suzuki cross-coupling reactions over palladium/hydrotalcite catalysts,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 302, no. 2, pp. 568–575, 2006.
- D. Francová, N. Tanchoux, C. Gérardin et al., “Hydrogenation of 2-butyne-1,4-diol on supported Pd catalysts obtained from LDH precursors,” Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, vol. 99, no. 1-2, pp. 118–125, 2007.
- C. Jiménez-Sanchidrián, M. Mora, and J. R. Ruiz, “Suzuki cross-coupling reaction over a palladium-pyridine complex immobilized on hydrotalcite,” Catalysis Communications, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 1025–1028, 2006.
- R. D. Hetterley, R. Mackey, J. T. A. Jones, Y. Z. Khimyak, A. M. Fogg, and I. V. Kozhevnikov, “One-step conversion of acetone to methyl isobutyl ketone over Pd-mixed oxide catalysts prepared from novel layered double hydroxides,” Journal of Catalysis, vol. 258, no. 1, pp. 250–255, 2008.
- S. Liu, X. Jiang, and G. Zhuo, “Heck reaction catalyzed by colloids of delaminated Pd-containing layered double hydroxide,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis A, vol. 290, no. 1-2, pp. 72–78, 2008.
- J. Liu, J. Alvarez, W. Ong, E. Román, and A. E. Kaifer, “Phase transfer of hydrophilic, cyclodextrin-modified gold nanoparticles to chloroform solutions,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 123, no. 45, pp. 11148–11154, 2001.
- Y. Liu, K. B. Male, P. Bouvrette, and J. H. T. Luong, “Control of the size and distribution of gold nanoparticles by unmodified cyclodextrins,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 15, no. 22, pp. 4172–4180, 2003.
- S. Rodríquez-Llamazares, P. Jara, N. Yutronic, M. Noyong, J. Bretschneider, and U. Simon, “Face preferred deposition of gold nanoparticles on α-cyclodextrin/octanethiol inclusion compound,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 316, no. 1, pp. 202–205, 2007.
- Y. Wang, D. Zhang, M. Tang, S. Xu, and M. Li, “Electrocatalysis of gold nanoparticles/layered double hydroxides nanocomposites toward methanol electro-oxidation in alkaline medium,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 55, no. 12, pp. 4045–4049, 2010.
- B. Streszewski, W. Jaworski, K. Pacławski, E. Csapó, I. Dékány, and K. Fitzner, “Gold nanoparticles formation in the aqueous system of gold(III) chloride complex ions and hydrazine sulfate-Kinetic studies,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 397, pp. 63–72, 2012.
- L. Jin, D. He, Z. Li, and M. Wei, “Protein adsorption on gold nanoparticles supported by a layered double hydroxide,” Materials Letters, vol. 77, pp. 67–70, 2012.
- L. Wang, X. Meng, and F. Xiao, “Au nanoparticles supported on a layered double hydroxide with excellent catalytic properties for the aerobic oxidation of alcohols,” Chinese Journal of Catalysis, vol. 31, no. 8, pp. 943–947, 2010.
- V. Belova, H. Möhwald, and D. G. Shchukin, “Sonochemical intercalation of preformed gold nanoparticles into multilayered clays,” Langmuir, vol. 24, no. 17, pp. 9747–9753, 2008.
- D. K. Dumbre, P. N. Yadav, S. K. Bhargava, and V. R. Choudhary, “Suzuki-Miyaura cross-coupling reaction between aryl halides and phenylboronic acids over gold nano-particles supported on MgO (or CaO) and other metal oxides,” Journal of Catalysis, vol. 301, pp. 134–140, 2013.
- L. Wang, H. Xing, S. Zhang et al., “A Gd-doped Mg-Al-LDH/Au nanocomposite for CT/MR bimodal imagings and simultaneous drug delivery,” Biomaterials, vol. 34, no. 13, pp. 3390–3401, 2013.
- A. Kumar, B. Mazinder Boruah, and X.-J. Liang, “Gold nanoparticles: promising nanomaterials for the diagnosis of cancer and HIV/AIDS,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2011, Article ID 202187, 17 pages, 2011.