- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 362175, 7 pages
Effect of Polymers (PEG and PVP) on Sol-Gel Synthesis of Microsized Zinc Oxide
T. Agaram, 4/66 South Street, Tittakudi TK, Cuddalore District, Pennadam, Tamil Nadu 606105, India
Received 11 December 2012; Revised 27 February 2013; Accepted 9 April 2013
Academic Editor: Alan K. T. Lau
Copyright © 2013 Thilagavathi Thirugnanam. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. H. Jang, J. H. Park, and S. G. Oh, “Effects of dodecyl sulfate anionic surfactants on the crystal growth of ZnO through hydrothermal process,” Journal of Ceramic Processing Research, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 783–790, 2009.
- S. Rani, P. Suri, P. K. Shishodia, and R. M. Mehra, “Synthesis of nanocrystalline ZnO powder via sol-gel route for dye-sensitized solar cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 92, no. 12, pp. 1639–1645, 2008.
- S. S. Kim, J. H. Yum, D. Y. Kim, and Y. E. Sung, “Electrophoretically deposited TiO2 photo-electrodes for use in flexible dye-sensitized solar cells,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 173, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 2005.
- X. F. Wang, O. Kitao, and E. Hosono, “TiO2- and ZnO-based solar cells using a chlorophyll a derivative sensitizer for light-harvesting and energy conversion,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 210, pp. 145–152, 2010.
- A. Al-Hajry, A. Umar, Y. B. Hahn, and D. H. Kim, “Growth, properties and dye-sensitized solar cells-applications of ZnO nanorods grown by low-temperature solution process,” Superlattices and Microstructures, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 529–534, 2009.
- D. M. Fernandesa, R. Silva, A. A. W. Hechenleitner, E. Radovanovic, M. A. C. Melo, and E. A. G. Pineda, “Synthesis and characterization of ZnO, CuO and a mixed Zn and Cu oxide,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 115, pp. 110–115, 2009.
- O. M. Lemine, M. A. Louly, and A. M. Al-Ahmari, “Planetary milling parameters optimization for the production of ZnO nanocrystalline,” International Journal of Physical Sciences, vol. 5, no. 17, pp. 2721–2729, 2010.
- F. Sheng, C. Xu, J. Guo, G. Zhu, and Q. Chen, “Structural, electronic and Infrared spectral properties of ZnO hexagonal nanodisks with different saturate conditions,” Science of Advanced Materials, vol. 3, pp. 709–718, 2011.
- Z. Zhou, Y. Zhao, and Z. Cai, “Low-temperature growth of ZnO nanorods on PET fabrics with two-step hydrothermal method,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 256, no. 14, pp. 4724–4728, 2010.
- J. Wu and D. Xue, “Progress of science and technology of ZnO as advanced material,” Science of Advanced Materials, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 127–149, 2011.
- Y. Liu, A. Liu, W. Liu, Z. Hu, and Y. Sang, “Characterization of optoelectronic properties of the ZnO nanorod array using surface photovoltage technique,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 257, no. 4, pp. 1263–1266, 2010.
- L. S. Roselin and R. Selvin, “Photocatalytic degradation of reactive orange 16 dye in a ZnO coated thin film flow photoreactor,” Science of Advanced Materials, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 251–258, 2011.
- M. Gusatti, C. E. M. Campos, J. A. Rosario, D. A. R. Souza, N. C. Kuhnen, and H. G. Riella, “The rapid preparation of ZnO nanorods via low-temperature solochemical method,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 11, pp. 5187–5192, 2011.
- P. Zhang, G. D. Zhou, H. B. Gong et al., “Pressure-induced growth evolution of different ZnO nanostructures by a pulsed Laser Ablation method,” Science of Advanced Materials, vol. 4, pp. 455–462, 2012.
- J. Yang, J. Lang, C. Li et al., “Effects of substrate on morphologies and photoluminescence properties of ZnO nanorods,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 255, no. 5, pp. 2500–2503, 2008.
- P. K. Samanta and P. R. Chaudhuri, “Growth and optical properties of chemically grown ZnO nanobelts,” Science of Advanced Materials, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 107–112, 2011.
- P. K. Samanta, “Characteristics of benzene assited grown ZnO nanosheets,” Science of Advanced Materials, vol. 4, pp. 219–226, 2012.
- W. J. Liu, X. Q. Meng, Y. Zheng, and W. Xia, “Synthesis and photoluminescence properties of ZnO nanorods and nanotubes,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 257, no. 3, pp. 677–679, 2010.
- T. M. Milao, V. R. de Mendonca, V. D. Araujo et al., “Microwave hydrothermal synthesis and photocatalytic performance of ZnO and M:ZnO nanostructures (M = V, Fe, Co),” Science of Advanced Materials, vol. 4, pp. 54–60, 2012.
- G. N. Dar, A. Umar, S. A. Zaidi et al., “Fabrication o high-sensitive non-enzymatic glucose biosensor based on ZnO nanorods,” Science of Advanced Materials, vol. 3, pp. 901–906, 2011.
- A. Umar, M. S. Akhtar, A. Al-Hajry, M. S. Chauhan, and S. Chauhan, “Growth, properties and dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs) applications of ZnO Nanocones and small nanorods,” Science of Advanced Materials, vol. 3, pp. 695–701, 2011.
- W. Lee, M. C. Jeong, and J. M. Myoung, “Catalyst-free growth of ZnO nanowires by metal-organic chemical vapour deposition (MOCVD) and thermal evaporation,” Acta Materialia, vol. 52, no. 13, pp. 3949–3957, 2004.
- Y. Leprince-Wang, A. Yacoubi-Ouslim, S. Tusseau-Nenez, and G. Y. Wang, “Study of electrodeposited thin films and microwires ZnO,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Inorganic Materials (ICIM '04), pp. 19–21, Antwerp, Belgium, September 2004.
- Z. Fan and J. G. Lu, “Zinc oxide microstructures: synthesis and properties,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 86, no. 123, p. 510, 2005.
- L. S. Panchakarla, M. A. Shah, A. Govindaraj, and C. N. R. Rao, “A simple method to prepare ZnO and Al(OH)3 nanorods by the reaction of the metals with liquid water,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 180, no. 11, pp. 3106–3110, 2007.
- T. M. Hammad, J. K. Salem, and R. G. Harrison, “Binding agent effect on the structural and optical properties of ZnO microparticles,” Reviews on Advanced Materials Science, vol. 22, pp. 74–80, 2009.
- H. Xu, H. Wang, Y. Zhang et al., “Hydrothermal synthesis of zinc oxide powders with controllable morphology,” Ceramics International, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 93–97, 2004.
- J. Xie, P. Li, Y. Li, Y. Wang, and Y. Wei, “Solvent-induced growth of ZnO particles at low temperature,” Materials Letters, vol. 62, no. 17-18, pp. 2814–2816, 2008.
- J. Xie, P. Li, Y. Li, Y. Wang, and Y. Wei, “Morphology control of ZnO particles via aqueous solution route at low temperature,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 114, no. 2-3, pp. 943–947, 2009.
- H. J. Zhai, W. H. Wu, F. Lu, H. S. Wang, and C. Wang, “Effects of ammonia and cetyltrimethylammonium bromide (CTAB) on morphologies of ZnO nano- and micromaterials under solvothermal process,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 112, no. 3, pp. 1024–1028, 2008.
- D. Yiamsawas, K. Boonpavanitchakul, and W. Kangwansupamonkon, “Preparation of ZnO microstructures by solvothermal method,” Journal of Microscopy Society of Thailand, vol. 13, pp. 75–78, 2009.
- Z. Xu, J. Y. Hwang, B. Li, X. Huang, and H. Wang, “The characterization of various ZnO nanostructures using field-emission SEM,” Journal of Management, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 29–32, 2008.
- S. Erten-Ela, S. Cogal, and S. Icli, “Conventional and microwave-assisted synthesis of ZnO nanorods and effects of PEG400 as a surfactant on the morphology,” Inorganica Chimica Acta, vol. 362, no. 6, pp. 1855–1858, 2009.
- X. M. Liu and Y. C. Zhou, “Seed-mediated synthesis of uniform ZnO nanorods in the presence of polyethylene glycol,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 270, no. 3-4, pp. 527–534, 2007.
- P. Gu, X. Wang, T. Li, H. Meng, H. Yu, and Z. Fan, “Synthesis, characterization and photoluminescence of ZnO spindles by polyvinylpyrrolidone-assisted low-temperature wet-chemistry process,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 338, pp. 162–165, 2012.
- S. Suwanboon, “Structural and optical properties of nanocrystalline ZnO powder from sol-gel method,” ScienceAsia, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 31–34, 2008.
- A. I. Inamdar, S. H. Mujawar, V. Ganesan, and P. S. Patil, “Surfactant-mediated growth of nanostructured zinc oxide thin films via electrodeposition and their photoelectrochemical performance,” Nanotechnology, vol. 19, no. 32, Article ID 325706, 7 pages, 2008.