- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 372058, 7 pages
A Convenient and Templated Method for the Fabrication of Monodisperse Micrometer Hollow Titania Spheres
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Binzhou University, 391, 5th Huanghe Street, Shandong, Binzhou 256603, China
Received 15 March 2013; Revised 7 June 2013; Accepted 20 June 2013
Academic Editor: Jun Li
Copyright © 2013 Haibo Yao and Guojun Han. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Hanprasopwattana, S. Srinivasan, A. G. Sault, and A. K. Datye, “Titania coatings on monodisperse silica spheres (characterization using 2-propanol dehydration and TEM),” Langmuir, vol. 12, no. 13, pp. 3173–3179, 1996.
- F. Caruso, A. S. Susha, M. Giersig, and H. Möhwald, “Magnetic core-shell particles: preparation of magnetite multilayers on polymer latex microspheres,” Advanced Materials, vol. 11, no. 11, pp. 950–953, 1999.
- M. Ocana, W. P. Hsu, and E. Matijevic, “Preparation and properties of uniform-coated colloidal particles. 6: titania on zinc oxide,” Langmuir, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 2911–2916, 1991.
- A. Imhof and D. J. Pine, “Ordered macroporous materials by emulsion templating,” Nature, vol. 389, no. 6654, pp. 948–951, 1997.
- B. T. Holland, C. F. Blanford, and A. Stein, “Synthesis of macroporous minerals with highly ordered three-dimensional arrays of spheroidal voids,” Science, vol. 281, no. 5376, pp. 538–540, 1998.
- F. Caruso, R. A. Caruso, and H. Möhwald, “Nanoengineering of inorganic and hybrid hollow spheres by colloidal templating,” Science, vol. 282, no. 5391, pp. 1111–1114, 1998.
- K. Y. Chen and Y. W. Chen, “Synthesis of spherical titanium dioxide particles by homogeneous precipitation in acetone solution,” Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 111–117, 2003.
- A. Imhof, “Preparation and characterization of titania-coated polystyrene spheres and hollow titania shells,” Langmuir, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 3579–3585, 2002.
- Y. Lu, H. Fan, A. Stump, T. L. Ward, T. Rieker, and C. J. Brinker, “Aerosol-assisted self-assembly of mesostructured spherical nanoparticles,” Nature, vol. 398, no. 6724, pp. 223–226, 1999.
- S. Schacht, Q. Huo, I. G. Voigt-Martin, G. D. Stucky, and F. Schüth, “Oil-water interface templating of mesoporous macroscale structures,” Science, vol. 273, no. 5276, pp. 768–771, 1996.
- J. Hotz and W. Meier, “Vesicle-templated polymer hollow spheres,” Langmuir, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 1031–1036, 1998.
- B. M. Discher, Y. Y. Won, D. S. Ege et al., “Polymersomes: tough vesicles made from diblock copolymers,” Science, vol. 284, no. 5417, pp. 1143–1146, 1999.
- T. von Werne and T. E. Patten, “Atom transfer radical polymerization from nanoparticles: a tool for the preparation of well-defined hybrid nanostructures and for understanding the chemistry of controlled/“living” radical polymerizations from surfaces,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 123, no. 31, pp. 7497–7505, 2001.
- R. A. Caruso, A. Susha, and F. Caruso, “Multilayered titania, silica, and Laponite nanoparticle coatings on polystyrene colloidal templates and resulting inorganic hollow spheres,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 400–409, 2001.
- F. Caruso, X. Y. Shi, R. A. Caruso, and A. Susha, “Hollow titania spheres from layered precursor deposition on sacrificial colloidal core particles,” Advanced Materials, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 740–744, 2001.
- M. L. Breen, A. D. Dinsmore, R. H. Pink, S. B. Qadri, and B. R. Ratna, “Sonochemically produced ZnS-coated polystyrene core-shell particles for use in photonic crystals,” Langmuir, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 903–907, 2001.
- K. P. Velikov and A. van Blaaderen, “Synthesis and characterization of monodisperse core-shell colloidal spheres of zinc sulfide and silica,” Langmuir, vol. 17, no. 16, pp. 4779–4786, 2001.
- H. Ihara, S. Kubota, A. Uchimura et al., “A facile preparation method for self-assembled monolayers with silica particles on polystyrene-based microspheres,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 114, no. 1, pp. 1–5, 2009.
- A. Rogach, A. Susha, F. Caruso et al., “Nano- and microengineering: 3-D colloidal photonic crystals prepared from sub-µm-sized polystyrene latex spheres pre-coated with luminescent polyelectrolyte/nanocrystal shells,” Advanced Materials, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 333–337, 2000.
- O. Kalinina and E. Kumacheva, “Polymeric nanocomposite material with a periodic structure,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 35–38, 2001.
- X. L. Xu and S. A. Asher, “Synthesis and utilization of monodisperse hollow polymeric particles in photonic crystals,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 126, no. 25, pp. 7940–7945, 2004.
- J. X. Wang, L. X. Wen, Z. H. Wang, and J. F. Chen, “Immobilization of silver on hollow silica nanospheres and nanotubes and their antibacterial effects,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 90–97, 2006.
- M. Z. Xu, W. Z. Li, M. X. Du et al., “A facile method to fabricate a series of micrometer scale hollow silica spheres,” Materials Letters, vol. 64, no. 8, pp. 931–934, 2010.
- M. Z. Xu, M. X. Du, L. M. Zhao et al., “Facile preparation of monodisperse micrometer-sized hollow silica spheres with tunable size and commendable surface topography,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 45, no. 9, pp. 1056–1063, 2010.
- X. Cheng, M. Chen, L. Wu, and G. Gu, “Novel and facile method for the preparation of monodispersed titania hollow spheres,” Langmuir, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 3858–3863, 2006.
- J. Yin, L. He, Z. Gao, L. Gao, and B. Wang, “Facile method for fabricating titania spheres for chromatographic packing,” Materials Letters, vol. 63, no. 26, pp. 2191–2193, 2009.