- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 372951, 5 pages
Synthesis, Characterization, and Photocatalysis of ZnO and Er-Doped ZnO
1School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou 510275, China
2Guangdong Province Key Laboratory of Environmental Pollution Control and Remediation Technology, Guangzhou 510275, China
3School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou 510275, China
Received 30 March 2013; Accepted 8 July 2013
Academic Editor: Xuedong Bai
Copyright © 2013 Kai-sheng Yu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Nirmala and A. Anukaliani, “Synthesis and characterization of undoped and TM (Co, Mn) doped ZnO nanoparticles,” Materials Letters, vol. 65, no. 17-18, pp. 2645–2648, 2011.
- S. Anandan, A. Vinu, K. L. P. Sheeja Lovely et al., “Photocatalytic activity of La-doped ZnO for the degradation of monocrotophos in aqueous suspension,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis A, vol. 266, no. 1-2, pp. 149–157, 2007.
- P. V. Kamat, “Photochemistry on nonreactive and reactive (semiconductor) surfaces,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 93, no. 1, pp. 267–300, 1993.
- E. Pelizzetti and N. Serpone, Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Photo-Catalysis, Reidel, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1986.
- E. R. Carraway, A. J. Huffman, and M. R. Hoffmann, “Photocatalytic oxidation of organic acids on quantum-sized semiconductor colloids,” Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 786–793, 2004.
- M. G. Nair, M. Nirmala, K. Rekha, and A. Anukaliani, “Structural, optical, photo catalytic and antibacterial activity of ZnO and Co doped ZnO nanoparticles,” Materials Letters, vol. 65, no. 12, pp. 1797–1800, 2011.
- H. Li, Z. Zhang, J. Huang, R. Liu, and Q. Wang, “Optical and structural analysis of rare earth and Li co-doped ZnO nanoparticles,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 550, pp. 526–530, 2013.
- Y. Liu, W. Luo, R. Li, G. Liu, M. R. Antonio, and X. Chen, “Optical spectroscopy of Eu3+ doped ZnO nanocrystals,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 3, pp. 686–694, 2008.
- J. C. Ronfard-Haret, “Electric and luminescent properties of ZnO-based ceramics containing small amounts of Er and Mn oxide,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 104, no. 1-2, pp. 1–12, 2003.
- A. K. Pradhan, K. Zhang, G. B. Loutts, U. N. Roy, Y. Cui, and A. Burger, “Structural and spectroscopic characteristics of ZnO and ZnO:Er3+ nanostructures,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 16, no. 39, pp. 7123–7130, 2004.
- J. Ebothe, W. Gruhn, A. Elhichou, I. V. Kityk, R. Dounia, and M. Addou, “Giant piezooptics effect in the ZnO-Er3+ crystalline films deposited on the glasses,” Optics and Laser Technology, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 173–180, 2004.
- W. C. Yang, C. W. Wang, J. C. Wang et al., “Aligned Er-doped ZnO nanorod arrays with enhanced 1.54 μm infrared emission,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 3363–3368, 2008.
- V. Kumari, V. Kumar, B. P. Malik, R. M. Mehra, and D. Mohan, “Nonlinear optical properties of erbium doped zinc oxide (EZO) thin films,” Optics Communications, vol. 285, no. 8, pp. 2182–2188, 2012.
- J. C. Sin, S. M. Lam, K. T. Lee, and A. R. Mohamed, “Fabrication of erbium-doped spherical-like ZnO hierarchical nanostructures with enhanced visible light-driven photocatalytic activity,” Materials Letters, vol. 91, pp. 1–4, 2013.
- J. Rita and R. Rajaram, “Synthesis and characterization of rare earth ion doped Nano ZnO,” Nano-Micro Letters, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 65–72, 2012.
- C. F. Zhe, Handbook of Zinc Oxide and Related Materials, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2013.
- Y. Ling, W. Jiang, X. Wu, and X. Bai, “Preparation and visible light photocatalytic properties of (Er, La, N)-Codoped TiO2 nanotube array films,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 714–717, 2009.
- S. Y. Bae, C. W. Na, J. H. Kang, and J. Park, “Comparative structure and optical properties of Ga-, In-, and Sn-doped ZnO nanowires synthesized via thermal evaporation,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 7, pp. 2526–2531, 2005.
- U. Ozgour, Y. I. Alivov, C. Liu, et al., “A comprehensive review of ZnO materials and devices,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 98, no. 4, Article ID 041301, 103 pages, 2005.
- D. C. Look, “Recent advance in ZnO materials and devices,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 80, pp. 383–387, 2001.
- T. Parvin, N. Keerthiraj, I. A. Ibrahim, S. Phanichphant, and K. Byrappa, “Photocatalytic degradation of municipal wastewater and brilliant blue dye using hydrothermally synthesized surface-modified silver-doped ZnO designer particles,” International Journal of Photoenergy, vol. 2012, Article ID 670610, 8 pages, 2012.
- D. Zhang and F. Zeng, “Visible light-activated cadmium-doped ZnO nanostructured photocatalyst for the treatment of methylene blue dye,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 2155–2161, 2012.
- U. Wahl, E. Rita, J. G. Correia, E. Alves, and J. P. Araújo, “Implantation site of rare earths in single-crystalline ZnO,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 82, no. 8, pp. 1173–1175, 2003.
- P. K. Dutta, S. O. Pehkonen, V. K. Sharma, and A. K. Ray, “Photocatalytic oxidation of arsenic (III): evidence of hydroxyl radicals,” Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 1827–1834, 2005.
- L. Zhang and Y. Zhu, “A review of controllable synthesis and enhancement of performances of bismuth tungstate visible-light-driven photocatalysts,” Catalysis Science and Technology, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 694–706, 2012.