- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 378752, 7 pages
Anticorrosion Coating of Carbon Nanotube/Polytetrafluoroethylene Composite Film on the Stainless Steel Bipolar Plate for Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, School of Engineering, Tokai University, 4-1-1 Kitakaname, Hiratsuka, Kanagawa 259-1292, Japan
Received 6 March 2013; Accepted 14 June 2013
Academic Editor: Renzhi Ma
Copyright © 2013 Yoshiyuki Show et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Tong, Y. Zhao, L. Delzeit, A. Kashani, M. Meyyappan, and A. Majumdar, “Dense vertically aligned multiwalled carbon nanotube arrays as thermal interface materials,” IEEE Transactions on Components and Packaging Technologies, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 92–100, 2007.
- M. Nihei, A. Kawabata, D. Kondo, M. Horibe, S. Sato, and Y. Awano, “Electrical properties of carbon nanotube bundles for future via interconnects,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 1626–1628, 2005.
- E. J. Garcia, B. L. Wardle, and A. John Hart, “Joining prepreg composite interfaces with aligned carbon nanotubes,” Composites A, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 1065–1070, 2008.
- W. X. Chen, F. Li, G. Han et al., “Tribological behavior of carbon-nanotube-filled PTFE composites,” Tribology Letters, vol. 15, pp. 275–278, 2003.
- D. L. Burris, B. Boesl, G. R. Bourne, and W. G. Sawyer, “Polymeric nanocomposites for tribological applications,” Macromolecular Materials and Engineering, vol. 292, no. 4, pp. 387–402, 2007.
- N. Rungraeng, Y.-C. Cho, S. H. Yoon, and S. Jun, “Carbon nanotube-polytetrafluoroethylene nanocomposite coating for milk fouling reduction in plate heat exchanger,” Journal of Food Engineering, vol. 111, no. 2, pp. 218–224, 2012.
- A. Pozio, R. F. Silva, M. De Francesco, and L. Giorgi, “Nafion degradation in PEFCs from end plate iron contamination,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 48, no. 11, pp. 1543–1549, 2003.
- H. Tawfik, Y. Hung, and D. Mahajan, “Metal bipolar plates for PEM fuel cell-a review,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 163, no. 2, pp. 755–767, 2007.
- Y. Show and H. Itabashi, “Electrically conductive material made from CNT and PTFE,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 17, no. 4-5, pp. 602–605, 2008.
- Y. Show and K. Takahashi, “Stainless steel bipolar plate coated with carbon nanotube (CNT)/polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) composite film for proton exchange membrane fuel cell (PEMFC),” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 190, no. 2, pp. 322–325, 2009.
- T. Takahashi, K. Tunoda, H. Yajima, and T. Ishii, “Dispersion and purification of single-wall carbon nanotubes using carboxymethylcellulose,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 43, no. 6A, p. 3636, 2004.
- N. Minami, Y. Kim, K. Miyashita, S. Kazaoui, and B. Nalini, “Cellulose derivatives as excellent dispersants for single-wall carbon nanotubes as demonstrated by absorption and photoluminescence spectroscopy,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 88, p. 93123, 2006.
- M. N. Nadagouda and R. S. Varma, “Noble metal decoration and alignment of carbon nanotubes in carboxymethyl cellulose,” Macromolecular Rapid Communications, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 155–159, 2008.
- S. Kirkpatrick, “Percolation and conduction,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 45, pp. 574–588, 1973.
- J. P. Owejan, T. A. Trabold, D. L. Jacobson, M. Arif, and S. G. Kandlikar, “Effects of flow field and diffusion layer properties on water accumulation in a PEM fuel cell,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 32, no. 17, pp. 4489–4502, 2007.
- Y. Show, “Electrically conductive amorphous carbon coating on metal bipolar plates for PEFC,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 202, pp. 1252–1255, 2007.
- Y. Show, M. Miki, and T. Nakamura, “Increased in output power from fuel cell used metal bipolar plate coated with a-C film,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 16, no. 4–7, pp. 1159–1161, 2007.
- T. Fukutsuka, T. Yamaguchi, S.-I. Miyano, Y. Matsuo, Y. Sugie, and Z. Ogumi, “Carbon-coated stainless steel as PEFC bipolar plate material,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 174, no. 1, pp. 199–205, 2007.
- K. Feng, X. Cai, H. Sun, Z. Li, and P. K. Chu, “Carbon coated stainless steel bipolar plates in polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 19, no. 11, pp. 1354–1361, 2010.
- Y.-B. Lee, C.-H. Lee, and D.-S. Lim, “The electrical and corrosion properties of carbon nanotube coated 304 stainless steel/polymer composite as PEM fuel cell bipolar plates,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 34, no. 24, pp. 9781–9787, 2009.