- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 408475, 5 pages
Spin-Filtering Effects in Würtzite and Graphite-Like AlN Nanowires with Mn Impurities
Faculty of Physics, “Materials and Devices for Electronics and Optoelectronics” Research Center, University of Bucharest, P.O. Box MG-11, Ilfov 077125 Magurele, Romania
Received 14 December 2012; Accepted 28 February 2013
Academic Editor: Yun Zhao
Copyright © 2013 G. A. Nemnes. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Chattopadhyay, C. S. Shih, H. L. Zon, F. C. Chia, K. H. Chen, and L. C. Chen, “Molecular sensing with ultrafine silver crystals on hexagonal aluminum nitride nanorod templates,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 127, no. 9, pp. 2820–2821, 2005.
- Z. Zhou, J. Zhao, Y. Chen, P. von Ragu Schleyer, and Z. Chen, “Energetics and electronic structures of AlN nanotubes/wires and their potential application as ammonia sensors,” Nanotechnology, vol. 18, Article ID 424023, 2007.
- G. A. Nemnes, C. Visan, and S. Antohe, “Thermopower of atomicsized wurtzite AlN wires,” Physica E, vol. 44, p. 1092, 2012.
- C. Xu, L. Xue, C. Yin, and G. Wang, “Formation and photoluminescence properties of AlN nanowires,” Physica Status Solidi (A), vol. 198, no. 2, pp. 329–335, 2003.
- G. R. Yazdi, M. Syvajarvi, and R. Yakimova, “Aligned AlN nanowires and microrods by self-patterning,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 90, Article ID 123103, 2007.
- L. H. Shen, X. F. Li, J. Zhang et al., “Synthesis of single-crystalline wurtzite aluminum nitride nanowires by direct arc discharge,” Applied Physics A, vol. 84, pp. 73–75, 2006.
- R. K. Paul, K. H. Lee, B. T. Lee, and H. Y. Song, “Formation of AlN nanowires using Al powder,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 112, no. 2, pp. 562–565, 2008.
- Y. Yang, Q. Zhao, X. Z. Zhang et al., “Mn-doped AlN nanowires with room temperatureferromagnetic ordering,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 90, Article ID 092118, 2007.
- L. H. Shen, X. F. Li, Y. M. Ma et al., “Pressure-induced structural transition in AlN nanowires,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, Article ID 141903, 2006.
- Y. Wu, G. Chen, H. Ye, Y. Zhu, and S. H. Wei, “Origin of the phase transition of AlN, GaN, and ZnO nanowires,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 94, Article ID 253101, 2009.
- T. L. Mitran, A. Nicolaev, G. A. Nemnes, L. Ion, and S. Antohe, “Ab initio vibrational and thermal properties of AlN nanowires under axial stress,” Computational Materials Science, vol. 50, no. 10, pp. 2955–2959, 2011.
- H. Li, H. Q. Bao, B. Song et al., “Ferromagnetic properties ofMn-doped AlN,” Physica B, vol. 403, pp. 4096–4099, 2008.
- Y. Zhang, H. Shi, R. Li, and P. Zhang, “Magnetic coupling properties of Mn-doped AlN nanowires: first-principles calculations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 375, no. 15, pp. 1686–1689, 2011.
- Z.-K. Tang, L. Wang, L.-M. Tang et al., “Ferromagnetic coupling in Mg-doped passivated AlN nanowires: a firstprinciples study,” Physica Status Solidi B, vol. 249, pp. 185–189, 2012.
- J. M. Soler, E. Artacho, J. D. Gale et al., “The SIESTA method for ab initio order-N materials simulation,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 2745–2779, 2002.
- M. Brandbyge, J. L. Mozos, P. Ordejon, J. Taylor, and K. Stokbro, “Density-functional method for nonequilibrium electron transport,” Physical Review B, vol. 65, Article ID 165401, 17 pages, 2002.
- G. A. Nemnes, “Spin current switching and spin-filtering effects in Mn-doped boron nitride nanoribbons,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2012, Article ID 748639, 5 pages, 2012.