- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 413692, 8 pages
Synthesis and Characterization of Stable and Binder-Free Electrodes of TiO2 Nanofibers for Li-Ion Batteries
1Materials Science and Nanotechnology Program, Faculty of Science, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen 40002, Thailand
2Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen 40002, Thailand
3Nanotec-KKU Center of Excellence on Advanced Nanomaterials for Energy Production and Storage, Khon Kaen 40002, Thailand
Received 14 March 2013; Accepted 14 April 2013
Academic Editor: Mojtaba Samiee
Copyright © 2013 Phontip Tammawat and Nonglak Meethong. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. L. He, B. Dong, and H. L. Li, “Preparation and electrochemical properties of Ag-modified TiO2 nanotube anode material for lithium-ion battery,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 425–430, 2007.
- V. Subramanian, A. Karki, K. I. Gnanasekar, F. P. Eddy, and B. Rambabu, “Nanocrystalline TiO2 (anatase) for Li-ion batteries,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 159, no. 1, pp. 186–192, 2006.
- M. A. Reddy, M. S. Kishore, V. Pralong, V. Caignaert, U. V. Varadaraju, and B. Raveau, “Room temperature synthesis and Li insertion into nanocrystalline rutile TiO2,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 1299–1303, 2006.
- D. V. Bavykin, J. M. Friedrich, and F. C. Walsh, “Protonated titanates and TiO2 nanostructured materials: synthesis, properties, and applications,” Advanced Materials, vol. 18, no. 21, pp. 2807–2824, 2006.
- H. W. Shim, I. S. Cho, K. S. Hong, W. I. Cho, and D. W. Kim, “Li electroactivity of iron (II) tungstate nanorods,” Nanotechnology, vol. 21, no. 46, Article ID 465602, 2010.
- F. Fang, J. Futter, A. Markwitz, and J. Kennedy, “UV and humidity sensing properties of ZnO nanorods prepared by the arc discharge method,” Nanotechnology, vol. 20, no. 24, Article ID 245502, 2009.
- S. J. Park, Y. J. Kim, and H. Lee, “Synthesis of carbon-coated TiO2 nanotubes for high-power lithium-ion batteries,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 196, no. 11, pp. 5133–5137, 2011.
- H. Han, T. Song, J. Y. Bae, L. F. Nazar, H. Kim, and U. Paik, “Nitridated TiO2 hollow nanofibers as an anode material for high power lithium ion batteries,” Energy & Environmental Science, vol. 4, pp. 4532–4536, 2011.
- Z. Yang, G. Du, Q. Meng et al., “Synthesis of uniform TiO2@carbon composite nanofibers as anode for lithium ion batteries with enhanced electrochemical performance,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 22, pp. 5848–5854, 2012.
- X. Zhang, P. S. Kumar, V. Aravindan et al., “Electrospun TiO2-graphene composite nanofibers as a highly durable insertion anode for lithium ion batteries,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 116, no. 28, pp. 14780–14788, 2012.
- P. Zhu, Y. Wu, M. V. Reddy, A. S. Nair, B. V. R. Chowdari, and S. Ramakrishna, “Long term cycling studies of electrospun TiO2 nanostructures and their composites with MWCNTs for rechargeable Li-ion batterie,” RSC Advances, vol. 2, pp. 531–537, 2012.
- D. W. Murphy, R. J. Cava, S. M. Zahurak, and A. Santoro, “Ternary LixTiO2 phases from insertion reactions,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 9-10, no. 1, pp. 413–417, 1983.
- R. A. Spurr, “Quantitative analysis of anatase-rutile mixtures with an X-ray diffractometer,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 760–762, 1957.
- W. Nuansing, S. Ninmuang, W. Jarernboon, S. Maensiri, and S. Seraphin, “Structural characterization and morphology of electrospun TiO2 nanofibers,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 131, pp. 147–155, 2006.
- P. Viswanathamurthi, N. Bhattarai, H. Y. Kim, and D. R. Lee, “Vanadium pentoxide nanofibers by electrospinning,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 577–581, 2003.
- S. Maensiri and W. Nuansing, “Thermoelectric oxide NaCo2O4 nanofibers fabricated by electrospinning,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 99, no. 1, pp. 104–108, 2006.
- S. Maensiri, W. Nuansing, J. Klinkaewnarong, P. Laokul, and J. Khemprasit, “Nanofibers of barium strontium titanate (BST) by sol-gel processing and electrospinning,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 297, no. 2, pp. 578–583, 2006.
- M. D. Levi and D. Aurbach, “Diffusion coefficients of lithium ions during intercalation into graphite derived from the simultaneous measurements and modeling of electrochemical impedance and potentiostatic intermittent titration characteristics of thin graphite electrodes,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 101, no. 23, pp. 4641–4647, 1997.
- M. Wagemaker, W. J. H. Borghols, and F. M. Mulder, “Large impact of particle size on insertion reactions. A case for anatase LixTiO2,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 129, no. 14, pp. 4323–4327, 2007.
- N. Meethong, H. Y. S. Huang, W. C. Carter, and Y. M. Chiang, “Size-dependent lithium miscibility gap in nanoscale Li1−xFePO4,” Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. A134–A138, 2007.
- L. Aldon, P. Kubiak, A. Picard, J. C. Jumas, and J. Olivier-Fourcade, “Size particle effects on lithium insertion into Sn-doped TiO2 anatase,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 1401–1406, 2006.
- N. Meethong, H. Y. S. Huang, S. A. Speakman, W. C. Carter, and Y. M. Chiang, “Strain accommodation during phase transformations in olivine-based cathodes as a materials selection criterion for high-power rechargeable batteries,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 1115–1123, 2007.