- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 416189, 6 pages
Thermally Induced Asymmetric Buckling of Circular Monolayer Graphene
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kun Shan University, Tainan 71003, Taiwan
Received 25 June 2013; Revised 4 August 2013; Accepted 7 August 2013
Academic Editor: Sheng-Rui Jian
Copyright © 2013 Haw-Long Lee and Win-Jin Chang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Stampfer, E. Schurtenberger, F. Molitor, J. Güttinger, T. Ihn, and K. Ensslin, “Tunable graphene single electron transistor,” Nano Letters, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 2378–2383, 2008.
- S. Park, J. An, J. W. Suk, and R. S. Ruoff, “Graphene-based actuators,” Small, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 210–212, 2010.
- T. Mueller, F. Xia, and P. Avouris, “Graphene photodetectors for high-speed optical communications,” Nature Photonics, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 297–301, 2010.
- W. Bao, F. Miao, Z. Chen et al., “Controlled ripple texturing of suspended graphene and ultrathin graphite membranes,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 4, no. 9, pp. 562–566, 2009.
- F. Guinea, M. I. Katsnelson, and A. K. Geim, “Energy gaps and a zero-field quantum hall effect in graphene by strain engineering,” Nature Physics, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 30–33, 2010.
- V. M. Pereira, A. H. Castro Neto, and N. M. R. Peres, “Tight-binding approach to uniaxial strain in graphene,” Physical Review B, vol. 80, no. 4, Article ID 045401, 2009.
- E. V. Castro, M. P. López-Sancho, and M. A. H. Vozmediano, “Effect of pressure on the magnetism of bilayer graphene,” Physical Review B, vol. 84, no. 7, Article ID 075432, 2011.
- H. S. Shen, L. Shen, and C. L. Zhang, “Nonlocal plate model for nonlinear bending of single-layer graphene sheets subjected to transverse loads in thermal environments,” Applied Physics A, vol. 103, no. 1, pp. 103–112, 2011.
- D. C. C. Lam, F. Yang, A. C. M. Chong, J. Wang, and P. Tong, “Experiments and theory in strain gradient elasticity,” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, vol. 51, no. 8, pp. 1477–1508, 2003.
- F. Yang, A. C. M. Chong, D. C. C. Lam, and P. Tong, “Couple stress based strain gradient theory for elasticity,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 39, no. 10, pp. 2731–2743, 2002.
- A. C. Eringen, Nonlocal Continuum Field Theories, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- H. L. Lee and W. J. Chang, “Vibration analysis of fluid-conveying double-walled carbon nanotubes based on nonlocal elastic theory,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 21, no. 11, Article ID 115302, 2009.
- W. J. Chang and H. L. Lee, “Buckling temperature of a single-walled carbon nanotube using nonlocal Timoshenko beam model,” Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, vol. 7, no. 11, pp. 2367–2371, 2010.
- H. L. Lee, J. C. Hsu, and W. J. Chang, “Frequency shift of carbon-nanotube-based mass sensor using nonlocal elasticity theory,” Nanoscale Research Letters, vol. 5, no. 11, pp. 1774–1778, 2010.
- H. L. Lee and W. J. Chang, “Dynamic modelling of a single-walled carbon nanotube for nanoparticle delivery,” Proceedings of the Royal Society A, vol. 467, no. 2127, pp. 860–868, 2011.
- H. L. Lee and W. J. Chang, “Vibration analysis of viscoelastic carbon nanotubes,” Micro & Nano Letters, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 1308–1316, 2012.
- A. C. Eringen, “Linear theory of nonlocal elasticity and dispersion of plane waves,” International Journal of Engineering Science, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 425–435, 1972.
- O. Frank, G. Tsoukleri, J. Parthenios et al., “Compression behavior of single-layer graphenes,” ACS Nano, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 3131–3138, 2010.
- M. Neek-Amal and F. M. Peeters, “Buckled circular monolayer graphene: a graphene nano-bowl,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 23, no. 4, Article ID 045002, 2011.
- T. Natsuki, J. Shi, and Q. Ni, “Buckling instability of circular double-layered graphene sheets,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 24, no. 13, Article ID 135004, 2012.
- A. Farajpour, M. Mohammadi, A. R. Shahidi, and M. Mahzoon, “Axisymmetric buckling of the circular graphene sheets with the nonlocal continuum plate model,” Physica E, vol. 43, no. 10, pp. 1820–1825, 2011.