- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 423632, 9 pages
Effect of Solution Spray Rate on the Properties of Chemically Sprayed ZnO:In Thin Films
1Department of Materials Science, Tallinn University of Technology, Ehitajate Tee 5, 19086 Tallinn, Estonia
2Centre for Materials Research, Tallinn University of Technology, Ehitajate Tee 5, 19086 Tallinn, Estonia
Received 14 December 2012; Accepted 1 March 2013
Academic Editor: Jie-Fang Zhu
Copyright © 2013 Merike Kriisa et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. H. Nickel and E. Terukov, Zinc Oxide—A Material For Micro- and Optoelectronic Applications, Springer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2005.
- L. Niinistö, J. Päiväsaari, J. Niinistö, M. Putkonen, and M. Nieminen, “Advanced electronic and optoelectronic materials by Atomic Layer Deposition: an overview with special emphasis on recent progress in processing of high-k dielectrics and other oxide materials,” Physica Status Solidi A, vol. 201, pp. 1443–1452, 2004.
- X. M. Li, J. L. Zhao, J. M. Bian, W. D. Yu, and C. Y. Zhang, “Comparison of structural and photoluminescence properties of ZnO thin films grown by pulsed laser deposition and ultrasonic spray pyrolysis,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 515, no. 4, pp. 1763–1766, 2006.
- A. Drici, G. Djeteli, G. Tchangbedji et al., “Structured ZnO thin films grown by chemical bath deposition for photovoltaic applications,” Physica Status Solidi A, vol. 201, no. 7, pp. 1528–1536, 2004.
- M. K. Jayaraj, A. Antony, and M. Ramachandran, “Transparent conducting zinc oxide thin film prepared by off-axis rf magnetron sputtering,” Bulletin of Materials Science, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 227–230, 2002.
- A. Hafdallah, F. Yanineb, M. S. Aida, and N. Attaf, “In doped ZnO thin films,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 509, no. 26, pp. 7267–7270, 2011.
- A. R. Babar, P. R. Deshamukh, R. J. Deokate, D. Haranath, C. H. Bhosale, and K. Y. Rajpure, “Gallium doping in transparent conductive ZnO thin films prepared by chemical spray pyrolysis,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 41, no. 13, Article ID 135404, 2008.
- M. Krunks, O. Bijakina, V. Mikli, T. Varema, and E. Mellikov, “Zinc oxide thin films by spray pyrolysis method,” Physica Scripta, vol. 79, pp. 209–212, 1999.
- M. L. Olvera, H. Gómez, and A. Maldonado, “Doping, vacuum annealing, and thickness effect on the physical properties of zinc oxide films deposited by spray pyrolysis,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 91, no. 15-16, pp. 1449–1453, 2007.
- T. Dedova, J. Klauson, C. Badre et al., “Chemical spray deposition of zinc oxide nanostructured layers from zinc acetate solutions,” Physica Status Solidi A, vol. 205, no. 10, pp. 2355–2359, 2008.
- T. V. Vimalkumar, N. Poornima, C. Sudha Kartha, and K. P. Vijayakumar, “On tuning the orientation of grains of spray pyrolysed ZnO thin films,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 256, no. 20, pp. 6025–6028, 2010.
- M. Vent, E. Kärber, T. Unt, A. Mere, and M. Krunks, “The effect of growth temperature and spraying rate on the properties of ZnO:In films,” Physica Status Solidi C, vol. 9, pp. 1604–1606, 2012.
- A. Maldonado, J. Rodríguez-Baez, and M. L. Olvera, “Physical properties of indium and fluorine codoped zinc oxide thin films deposited by chemical spray,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 129, no. 1-2, pp. 109–115, 2011.
- R. Biswal, L. Castañeda, R. Moctezuma, J. Vega-Pérez, M. L. Olvera, and A. Maldonado, “Formation of indium-doped zinc oxide thin films using ultrasonic spray pyrolysis: the importance of the water content in the aerosol solution and the substrate temperature for enhancing electrical transport,” Materials, vol. 5, pp. 432–442, 2012.
- J. Wienke and A. S. Booij, “ZnO:In deposition by spray pyrolysis—influence of the growth conditions on the electrical and optical properties,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 516, no. 14, pp. 4508–4512, 2008.
- J. Ebothé, A. El Hichou, P. Vautrot, and M. Addou, “Flow rate and interface roughness of zinc oxide thin films deposited by spray pyrolysis technique,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 93, no. 1, pp. 632–640, 2003.
- S. Major, A. Banerjee, and K. L. Chopra, “Highly transparent and conducting indium-doped zinc oxide films by spray pyrolysis,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 108, no. 3, pp. 333–340, 1983.
- K. T. R. Reddy, T. B. S. Reddy, I. Forbes, and R. W. Miles, “Highly oriented and conducting ZnO:Ga layers grown by chemical spray pyrolysis,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 151-152, pp. 110–113, 2002.
- M. L. Olvera, A. Maldonado, R. Asomoza, R. Castanedo-Pérez, G. Torres-Delgado, and J. Cañetas-Ortega, “Conductive and transparent ZnO:Al thin films obtained by chemical spray,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 383–387, 2000.
- J. Wienke, B. van der Zanden, M. Tijssen, and M. Zeman, “Performance of spray-deposited ZnO:In layers as front electrodes in thin-film silicon solar cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 92, no. 8, pp. 884–890, 2008.
- C. H. Fischer, N. A. Allsop, S. E. Gledhill et al., “The spray-ILGAR (ion layer gas reaction) method for the deposition of thin semiconductor layers: process and applications for thin film solar cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 95, no. 6, pp. 1518–1526, 2011.
- M. Krunks, E. Kärber, A. Katerski et al., “Extremely thin absorber layer solar cells on zinc oxide nanorods by chemical spray,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 94, no. 7, pp. 1191–1195, 2010.
- K. Otto, A. Katerski, A. Mere, O. Volobujeva, and M. Krunks, “Spray pyrolysis deposition of indium sulphide thin films,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 519, no. 10, pp. 3055–3060, 2011.
- “International Centre for Diffraction Data (ICDD),” PDF-2 Release 2008.
- T. Minami, “Transparent conducting oxide semiconductors for transparent electrodes,” Semiconductor Science and Technology, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. S35–S44, 2005.
- C. E. Benouis, M. Benhaliliba, A. Sanchez Juarez, M. S. Aida, F. Chami, and F. Yakuphanoglu, “The effect of indium doping on structural, electrical conductivity, photoconductivity and density of states properties of ZnO films,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 490, no. 1-2, pp. 62–67, 2010.
- R. Venkatraman and J. C. Bravman, “Separation of film thickness and grain boundary strengthening effects in Al thin films on Si,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 7, no. 8, pp. 2040–2048, 1992.
- R. M. Keller, S. P. Baker, and E. Arzt, “Quantitative analysis of strengthening mechanisms in thin Cu films: effects of film thickness, grain size, and passivation,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 1307–1317, 1998.
- B. Brunetti, V. Piacente, and P. Scardala, “Torsion study on the sublimation process of InCl3,” Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 101–104, 1998.
- A. Katerski, A. Mere, V. Kazlauskiene et al., “Surface analysis of spray deposited copper indium disulfide films,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 516, no. 20, pp. 7110–7115, 2008.
- S. Gledhill, A. Grimm, D. Greiner, W. Bohne, M. Lux-Steiner, and C. H. Fischer, “Doping induced structural and compositional changes in ZnO spray pyrolysed films and the effects on optical and electrical properties,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 519, no. 13, pp. 4293–4298, 2011.
- L. Gong, Z. Ye, J. Lu et al., “Highly transparent conductive and near-infrared reflective ZnO:Al thin films,” Vacuum, vol. 84, no. 7, pp. 947–952, 2010.
- V. Bhosle, A. Tiwari, and J. Narayan, “Electrical properties of transparent and conducting Ga doped ZnO,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 100, no. 3, Article ID 033713, 6 pages, 2006.