- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 426983, 11 pages
Synthesis of Polypyrrole Inverse Opal in [bmim] Containing Acetonitrile and the Application of the Inverse Opal in Cell Prototype
1Nano-Science and Technology Research Center, Shanghai University, Shanghai 200444, China
2College of Physical Science and Technology, Huazhong Normal University, Wuhan 430079, China
Received 19 November 2012; Accepted 6 December 2012
Academic Editor: Yongfeng Luo
Copyright © 2013 Wei Yan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. M. Pringle, J. Efthimiadis, P. C. Howlett et al., “Electrochemical synthesis of polypyrrole in ionic liquids,” Polymer, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 1447–1453, 2004.
- S. Komaba, M. Seyama, T. Momma, and T. Osaka, “Potentiometric biosensor for urea based on electropolymerized electroinactive polypyrrole,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 383–388, 1997.
- T. Welton, “Room-temperature ionic liquids. Solvents for synthesis and catalysis,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 99, no. 8, pp. 2071–2083, 1999.
- S. R. Yun, G. O. Kim, C. W. Lee, N. J. Jo, Y. Kang, and K. S. Ryu, “Synthesis and control of the shell thickness of polyaniline and polypyrrole half hollow spheres using the polystyrene cores,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2012, Article ID 894539, 9 pages, 2012.
- M. Deepa and S. Ahmad, “Polypyrrole films electropolymerized from ionic liquids and in a traditional liquid electrolyte: a comparison of morphology and electro-optical properties,” European Polymer Journal, vol. 44, no. 10, pp. 3288–3299, 2008.
- K. Sekiguchi, M. Atobe, and T. Fuchigami, “Electropolymerization of pyrrole in 1-ethyl-3-methylimidazolium trifluoromethanesulfonate room temperature ionic liquid,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 4, no. 11, pp. 881–885, 2002.
- A. Zhang, J. Chen, D. Niu, G. G. Wallace, and J. Lu, “Electrochemical polymerization of pyrrole in BMIMPF6 ionic liquid and its electrochemical response to dopamine in the presence of ascorbic acid,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 159, no. 15-16, pp. 1542–1545, 2009.
- W. Lu, A. G. Fadeev, B. Qi et al., “Use of ionic liquids for π-conjugated polymer electrochemical devices,” Science, vol. 297, no. 5583, pp. 983–987, 2002.
- T. Cassagneau and F. Caruso, “Inverse opals for optical affinity biosensing,” Advanced Materials, vol. 14, no. 22, pp. 1629–1633, 2002.
- T. Cassagneau and F. Caruso, “Conjugated polymer inverse opals for potentiometric biosensing,” Advanced Materials, vol. 14, no. 24, pp. 1837–1841, 2002.
- Y. Wang and F. Caruso, “Enzyme encapsulation in nanoporous silica spheres,” Chemical Communications, vol. 10, no. 13, pp. 1528–1529, 2004.
- Y. Wang and F. Caruso, “Macroporous zeolitic membrane bioreactors,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 1012–1018, 2004.
- W. Qian, Z. Z. Gu, A. Fujishima, and O. Sato, “Three-dimensionally ordered macroporous polymer materials: an approach for biosensor applications,” Langmuir, vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 4526–4529, 2002.
- P. V. Braun and P. Wiltzius, “Electrochemically grown photonic crystals,” Nature, vol. 402, no. 6762, pp. 603–604, 1999.
- P. Jiang, J. Cizeron, J. F. Bertone, and V. L. Colvin, “Preparation of macroporous metal films from colloidal crystals,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 121, no. 34, pp. 7957–7958, 1999.
- L. Xu, W. L. Zhou, C. Frommen et al., “Electrodeposited nickel and gold nanoscale metal meshes with potentially interesting photonic properties,” Chemical Communications, no. 12, pp. 997–998, 2000.
- P. N. Bartlett, P. R. Birkin, and M. A. Ghanem, “Electrochemical deposition of macroporous platinum, palladium and cobalt films using polystyrene latex sphere templates,” Chemical Communications, no. 17, pp. 1671–1672, 2000.
- P. N. Bartlett, J. J. Baumberg, P. R. Birkin, M. A. Ghanem, and M. C. Netti, “Highly ordered macroporous gold and platinum films formed by electrochemical deposition through templates assembled from submicron diameter monodisperse polystyrene spheres,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 2199–2208, 2002.
- X. Chen, Y. Wang, J. Zhou, W. Yan, X. Li, and J. J. Zhu, “Electrochemical impedance immunosensor based on three-dimensionally ordered macroporous gold film,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 80, no. 6, pp. 2133–2140, 2008.
- T. Cassagneau and F. Caruso, “Semiconducting polymer inverse opals prepared by electropolymerization,” Advanced Materials, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 34–38, 2002.
- D. Wang and F. Caruso, “Fabrication of polyaniline inverse opals via templating ordered colloidal assemblies,” Advanced Materials, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 350–354, 2001.
- S. Tian, J. Wang, U. Jonas, and W. Knoll, “Inverse opals of polyaniline and its copolymers prepared by electrochemical techniques,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 17, no. 23, pp. 5726–5730, 2005.
- E. Yablonovitch, “Inhibited spontaneous emission in solid-state physics and electronics,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 58, no. 20, pp. 2059–2062, 1987.
- S. Kubo, Z. Z. Gu, K. Takahashi, Y. Ohko, O. Sato, and A. Fujishima, “Control of the optical band structure of liquid crystal infiltrated inverse opal by a photoinduced nematic-isotropic phase transition,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 124, no. 37, pp. 10950–10951, 2002.
- A. Saheb, J. Janata, and M. Josowicz, “Reference electrode for ionic liquids,” Electroanalysis, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 405–409, 2006.
- S. Wong, V. Kitaev, and G. A. Ozin, “Colloidal crystal films: advances in universality and perfection,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 125, no. 50, pp. 15589–15598, 2003.
- Z. Zhou and X. S. Zhao, “Flow-controlled vertical deposition method for the fabrication of photonic crystals,” Langmuir, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 1524–1526, 2004.
- M. Yoldi, C. Arcos, B. R. Paulke, R. Sirera, W. González-Viñas, and E. Görnitz, “On the parameters influencing the deposition of polystyrene colloidal crystals,” Materials Science and Engineering C, vol. 28, no. 7, pp. 1038–1043, 2008.
- L. Zhao, L. Tong, C. Li, Z. Gu, and G. Shi, “Polypyrrole actuators with inverse opal structures,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 19, no. 11, pp. 1653–1658, 2009.
- M. Zhou and J. Heinze, “Electropolymerization of pyrrole and electrochemical study of polypyrrole. 3. Nature of "water effect" in acetonitrile,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 103, no. 40, pp. 8451–8457, 1999.
- M. Zhou and J. Heinze, “Electropolymerization of pyrrole and electrochemical study of polypyrrole. 2. influence of acidity on the formation of polypyrrole and the multipathway mechanism,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 103, no. 40, pp. 8443–8450, 1999.
- M. Zhou and J. Heinze, “Electropolymerization of pyrrole and electrochemical study of polypyrrole: 1. Evidence for structural diversity of polypyrrole,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 44, no. 11, pp. 1733–1748, 1999.
- M. Zhou, M. Pagels, B. Geschke, and J. Heinze, “Electropolymerization of pyrrole and electrochemical study of polypyrrole. 5. Controlled electrochemical synthesis and solid-state transition of well-defined polypyrrole variants,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 106, no. 39, pp. 10065–10073, 2002.
- S. Sowmiah, V. Srinivasadesikan, M. C. Tseng, and Y. H. Chu, “On the chemical stabilities of ionic liquids,” Molecules, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 3780–3813, 2009.
- W. L. Dai, M. H. Qiao, and J. F. Deng, “XPS studies on a novel amorphous Ni-Co-W-B alloy powder,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 120, no. 1-2, pp. 119–124, 1997.
- F. Beck and R. Michaelis, “Corrosion of synthetic metals,” Werkstoffe und Korrosion, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 341–347, 1991.
- F. Beck, U. Barsch, and R. Michaelis, “Corrosion of conducting polymers in aqueous media,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 351, no. 1-2, pp. 169–184, 1993.