- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 427489, 6 pages
Synthesis and Magnetic Properties of Ni and Carbon Coated Ni by Levitational Gas Condensation (LGC)
1Radioisotope Research Division, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, 989 Daedukdaero, Daejeon 305-353, Republic of Korea
2Nuclear Materials Development Research Division, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, 989 Daedukdaero, Daejeon 305-353, Republic of Korea
Received 6 March 2013; Revised 21 June 2013; Accepted 22 June 2013
Academic Editor: Takeshi Seki
Copyright © 2013 Young Rang Uhm and Chang Kyu Rhee. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. S. Ruoff, D. C. Lorents, B. Chan, R. Malhotra, and S. Subramoney, “Single crystal metals encapsulated in carbon nanoparticles,” Science, vol. 259, no. 5093, pp. 346–348, 1993.
- J. H. J. Scott and S. A. Majetich, “Morphology, structure, and growth of nanoparticles produced in a carbon arc,” Physical Review B, vol. 52, no. 17, pp. 12564–12571, 1995.
- Y. Kinemuchi, K. Ishizaka, H. Suematsu, W. Jiang, and K. Yatsui, “Magnetic properties of nanosize NiFe2O4 particles synthesized by pulsed wire discharge,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 407, no. 1-2, pp. 109–113, 2002.
- J. Fang, N. Shama, L. Duc Tung et al., “Ultrafine NiFe2O4 powder fabricated from reverse microemulsion process,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 93, no. 10, pp. 7483–7485, 2003.
- U. Jeong, X. Teng, Y. Wang, H. Yang, and Y. Xia, “Superparamagnetic colloids: controlled synthesis and niche applications,” Advanced Materials, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 33–60, 2007.
- S. Subramoney, “Novel nanocarbons—structure, properties, and potential applications,” Advanced Materials, vol. 10, no. 15, pp. 1157–1171, 1998.
- B. H. Liu, J. Ding, Z. Y. Zhong, Z. L. Dong, T. White, and J. Y. Lin, “Large-scale preparation of carbon-encapsulated cobalt nanoparticles by the catalytic method,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 358, no. 1-2, pp. 96–102, 2002.
- H. Caoa, G. Huangb, S. Xuana, Q. Wu, F. Gua, and C. Li, “Synthesis and characterization of carbon-coated iron core/shell nanostructures,” Journal of Alloys and Compound, vol. 448, pp. 272–276, 2008.
- T. Hayashi, S. Hirono, M. Tomita, and S. Umemura, “Magnetic thin films of cobalt nanocrystals encapsulated in graphite-like carbon,” Nature, vol. 381, no. 6585, pp. 772–774, 1996.
- S. H. Woo, M. K. Lee, and C. K. Rhee, “Sedimentation properties of TiO2 nanaoparticles in organic solvents,” Solid State Phenomina, vol. 119, pp. 267–270, 2007.
- B. S. Han, C. K. Rhee, M. K. Lee, and Y. R. Uhm, “Synthesis of nano crystalline Ni and Fe by levitational gas condensation method,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 42, no. 11, pp. 3779–3781, 2006.
- Y. R. Uhm, J. H. Park, W. W. Kim, C.-H. Cho, and C. K. Rhee, “Magnetic properties of nano-size Ni synthesized by the pulsed wire evaporation (PWE) method,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 106, no. 3, pp. 224–227, 2004.
- A. Y. Yermakov, M. A. Uimin, A. A. Mysik et al., “Magnetism and structure of nanoparticles and mesoscopic systems,” Materials Science Forum, vol. 386–388, pp. 455–464, 2002.
- B. D. Cullity, Introduction To Magnetic Materials, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass, USA, 1972.
- C. Yu and J. S. Qiu, “Preparation and magnetic behavior of carbon-encapsulated cobalt and nickel nanoparticles from starch,” Chemical Engineering Research and Design, vol. 86, no. 8, pp. 904–908, 2008.