- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 452854, 5 pages
Preparation of Baking-Free Brick from Manganese Residue and Its Mechanical Properties
1Department of Civil Engineering, Chongqing University, Chongqing 401300, China
2Department of Architecture & Civil Engineering, Logistical Engineering University, Chongqing 401331, China
Received 12 December 2012; Revised 21 February 2013; Accepted 3 March 2013
Academic Editor: Wen Zeng
Copyright © 2013 Ping Wang and Dong-yan Liu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Veysseyre, K. van de Velde, C. Ferrari, and C. Boutron, “Searching for manganese pollution from MMT anti-knock gasoline additives in snow from central Greenland,” Science of the Total Environment, vol. 221, no. 2-3, pp. 149–158, 1998.
- N. Duan, W. Fan, Z. Changbo, Z. Chunlei, and Y. Hongbing, “Analysis of pollution materials generated from electrolytic manganese industries in China,” Resources, Conservation and Recycling, vol. 54, no. 8, pp. 506–511, 2010.
- J. J. Jing and J. M. Xie, “Hazards of manganese pollution to health,” Guangdong Trace Elements Science, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 6–9, 2008.
- Z. Z. Tan, “The development of “11.5 plan” and the forecast of “12.5 plan” in Chinese EMM industry's,” China's Manganese Industry, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 1–4, 2011.
- J. Yang and Z. M. Zeng, “The situation analysis of EMM of China market in 2010,” China's Manganese Industry, vol. 29, pp. 6–9, 2011.
- J. S. Qian, K. P. Hou, and Z. Wang, “Properties of electrolytic manganese slag used as building materials,” Materials Review, vol. 23, pp. 59–61, 2009.
- T. P. Li, H. L. Xie, X. M. He, and X. Z. Zhou, “Experimental study of calcined electrolysis manganese residue and fly ash complex admixture,” Bulletin of the Chinese Ceramic Society, vol. 26, pp. 567–573, 2007.
- Y. Z. Ouyang, X. W. Peng, J. B. Cao, Z. P. Li, and X. D. Deng, “Ultrasonic leaching of electrolytic manganese residue with additive,” Environmental Protection of Chemical Industry, vol. 27, pp. 257–259, 2007.
- J. S. Qian, P. K. Hou, Z. Wang, and Y. Z. Qu, “Qu. Crystallization characteristic of glass-ceramic made from electrolytic manganese residue,” Journal of Wuhan University of Technology—Materials Science Edition, vol. 27, pp. 45–49, 2012.
- P. K. Hou, J. S. Qian, Z. Wang, and C. Deng, “Production of quasi-sulfoaluminate cementitious materials with electrolytic manganese residue,” Cement and Concrete Composites, vol. 34, pp. 248–254, 2012.
- Y. Wang, W. H. Ye, and J. Wan, “Method for manufacturing aerated concrete from electrolysis manganese slag,” CN, 101698586 [P], 2010.
- Y. Wang, Y. S. Gao, L. Hengbo, et al., “Water quenching manganese slag high performance concrete and preparation method,” CN, 101844905 [P], 2010.
- Kh. S. A. E. Sherbini, “Simultaneous extraction of manganese from low grade manganese dioxide ore and beneficiation of sulphur slag,” Separation and Purification Technology, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 67–75, 2002.
- R. J. Liu, P. Chen, and Y. J. Wang, “Manufacture of light weight heat-insulating wall materials from water-quenched manganeseslags,” CN, 101774208 [P], 2010.
- S. D. Li, H. Xiao, and R. Liu, “Recycling of fly ash, reservoir sludge and metallurgical tailings in manufacture of sintered decorative brick for dry walls,” CN, 101666148 [P], 2010.
- K. Y. Chiang, K. L. Chien, and S. J. Hwang, “Study on the characteristics of building bricks produced from reservoir sediment,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 159, no. 2-3, pp. 499–504, 2008.
- B. Peng, L. Y. Chai, and J. Wang, “Method for treating industrial wastes, through sintering and solidifying, for the production of bricks,” CN, 101775868 [P], 2010.
- H. L. Gao, “Production and consumption of manganese ore in and out of China,” China Metal Bulletin, vol. 7, pp. 33–36, 2006.
- J. Zhang, Q. Lian, J. R. Wang, and F. Chen, “The experimental study on making use of manganese dregs to prepare ceramic wall and floor tile,” China Ceramic Industry, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 16–19, 2009.
- Y. Wang, N. C. Zhang, and W. H. Ye, “Method for the manufacture of bricks from electrolytic manganese-production slag, suitable for reducing environmental pollution and energy consumption,” CN, 01644089 [P], 2010.
- X. H. Jiang, Z. Wang, P. K. Hou, J. S. Qian, and J. P. Cao, “Experimental study on preparation of non-burnt brick from electrolytic manganese residue,” Non-Metallic Mines, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 14–17, 2010.
- C. S. Poon, S. C. Kou, and L. Lam, “Use of recycled aggregates in molded concrete bricks and blocks,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 281–289, 2002.
- P. Chen, Z. J. Wang, and R. J. Liu, “Experimental study on concrete of manganese slag in different dosage,” Concrete, vol. 2, pp. 71–73, 2010.
- J. Xie and H. M. Bao, “Study on service test of cement mortar and concrete mixed with manganic sinter,” Subgrade Engineering, no. 5, pp. 156–158, 2007.
- Y. L. Wang, P. Chen, T. Liu, and J. R. Liu, “Experimental research of admixtures prepared with ferromanganese slag,” Journal of Guilin University of Electronic Technology, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 507–510, 2009.