- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 460518, 6 pages
Bioaccumulation, Subacute Toxicity, and Tissue Distribution of Engineered Titanium Dioxide Nanoparticles in Goldfish (Carassius auratus)
1Department of Bioengineering, Tunceli University, Ataturk mahallesi Muhlis Akarsu caddesi, 62000 Tunceli, Turkey
2Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Jackson State University, P.O. Box 17910, Jackson, MS 39217, USA
3Department of Chemical Engineering, Tunceli University, Ataturk mahallesi Muhlis Akarsu caddesi, 62000 Tunceli, Turkey
Received 27 June 2013; Revised 22 August 2013; Accepted 2 September 2013
Academic Editor: Xiaoming Li
Copyright © 2013 Mehmet Ates et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jian Wang, and Wen-xiong Wang, “Significance of physicochemical and uptake kinetics in controlling the toxicity of metallic nanomaterials to aquatic organisms,” Journal of Zhejiang University-Science A, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 573–592, 2014.
- Maneekarn Yoo-iam, Ratcha Chaichana, and Tunlawit Satapanajaru, “Toxicity, bioaccumulation and biomagnification of silver nanoparticles in green algae (Chlorella sp.), water flea (Moina macrocopa), blood worm (Chiro,” Chemical Speciation And Bioavailability, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 257–265, 2014.
- Anand Sadanandan Remya, Mathan Ramesh, Manoharan Saravanan, Rama Krishnan Poopal, Subramanian Bharathi, and Devaraj Nataraj, “Iron oxide nanoparticles to an Indian major carp, Labeo rohita: Impacts on hematology, iono regulation and gill Na+/K+ ATPase activity,” Journal of King Saud University - Science, 2014.
- Ilaria Marisa, Maria Gabriella Marin, Federico Caicci, Erica Franceschinis, Alessandro Martucci, and Valerio Matozzo, “In vitro exposure of haemocytes of the clam Ruditapes philippinarum to titanium dioxide (TiO2) nanoparticles: Nanoparticle characterisation, effects on phagocytic activity and internalisation of nanoparticles into haemocytes,” Marine Environmental Research, 2014.
- Boris Jovanović, Elizabeth M. Whitley, Kayoko Kimura, Adam Crumpton, and Dušan Palić, “Titanium dioxide nanoparticles enhance mortality of fish exposed to bacterial pathogens,” Environmental Pollution, vol. 203, pp. 153–164, 2015.
- C.M. Mansfield, M.M. Alloy, J. Hamilton, G.F. Verbeck, K. Newton, S.J. Klaine, and A.P. Roberts, “Photo-induced toxicity of titanium dioxide nanoparticles to Daphnia magna under natural sunlight,” Chemosphere, vol. 120, pp. 206–210, 2015.
- A. Jimeno-Romero, M. Oron, M. P. Cajaraville, M. Soto, and I. Marigómez, “ Nanoparticle size and combined toxicity of TiO 2 and DSLS (surfactant) contribute to lysosomal responses in digestive cells of mussels exposed to TiO 2 nanoparticles ,” Nanotoxicology, pp. 1–9, 2016.
- Hasan Kaya, Fatih Aydın, Mert Gürkan, Sevdan Yılmaz, Mehmet Ates, Veysel Demir, and Zikri Arslan, “A comparative toxicity study between small and large size zinc oxide nanoparticles in tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus): Organ pathologies, osmoregulatory responses and immunological parameters,” Chemosphere, vol. 144, pp. 571–582, 2016.
- Mehmet Ates, Veysel Demir, Zikri Arslan, Mustafa Camas, and Fatih Celik, “Toxicity of Engineered Nickel Oxide and Cobalt Oxide Nanoparticles to Artemia salina in Seawater,” Water, Air, & Soil Pollution, vol. 227, no. 3, 2016.