- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 471210, 7 pages
Extraction of Nanosized Cobalt Sulfide from Spent Hydrocracking Catalyst
1Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
2National Research Center, Dokki, Cairo, Egypt
Received 30 December 2012; Revised 1 February 2013; Accepted 6 March 2013
Academic Editor: Tianxi Liu
Copyright © 2013 Samia A. Kosa and Eman Z. Hegazy. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. H. Eman, Evaluation and recycling of metals from spent catalyst due to hydrotreating process [M.S. thesis], Tanta University, Tanta, Egypt, 2003.
- D. Mishra, G. R. Chaudhury, D. J. Kim, and J. G. Ahn, “Recovery of metal values from spent petroleum catalyst using leaching-solvent extraction technique,” Hydrometallurgy, vol. 101, no. 1-2, pp. 35–40, 2010.
- P. K. Parhi, K. H. Park, H. I. Kim, and J. T. Park, “Recovery of molybdenum from the sea nodule leach liquor by solvent extraction using Alamine 304-I,” Hydrometallurgy, vol. 105, no. 3-4, pp. 195–200, 2011.
- B. B. Kar, P. Datta, and V. N. Misra, “Spent catalyst: secondary source for molybdenum recovery,” Hydrometallurgy, vol. 72, no. 1-2, pp. 87–92, 2004.
- K. H. Park, D. Mohapatra, and C. W. Nam, “Two stage leaching of activated spent HDS catalyst and solvent extraction of aluminium using organo-phosphinic extractant, Cyanex 272,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 148, no. 1-2, pp. 287–295, 2007.
- R. M. Gholami, S. M. Borghei, and S. M. Mousavi, “Bacterial leaching of a spent Mo-Co-Ni refinery catalyst using Acidithiobacillus ferrooxidans and Acidithiobacillus thiooxidans,” Hydrometallurgy, vol. 106, no. 1-2, pp. 26–31, 2011.
- D. Mishra, D. J. Kim, D. E. Ralph, J. G. Ahn, and Y. H. Rhee, “Bioleaching of vanadium rich spent refinery catalysts using sulfur oxidizing lithotrophs,” Hydrometallurgy, vol. 88, no. 1–4, pp. 202–209, 2007.
- D. Pradhan, J. G. Ahn, D. J. Kim, and S. W. Lee, “Effect of Ni+2, V+4, and Mo+6 concentrations on iron oxidation by Acidithiobacillus ferrooxidnas,” Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering, vol. 26, pp. 736–741, 2009.
- D. Pradhan, D. Mishra, D. J. Kim, J. G. Ahn, G. R. Chaudhury, and S. W. Lee, “Bioleaching kinetics and multivariate analysis of spent petroleum catalyst dissolution using two acidophiles,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 175, pp. 267–273, 2010.
- L. Zeng and C. Y. Cheng, “A literature review of the recovery of molybdenum and vanadium from spent hydrodesulphurisation catalysts. Part I: metallurgical processes,” Hydrometallurgy, vol. 98, no. 1-2, pp. 1–9, 2009.
- D. M. Pasquariello, R. Kershaw, J. D. Passaretti, K. Dwight, and A. Wold, “Low-temperature synthesis and properties of Co9S8, Ni3S2, and Fe7S8,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 872–874, 1984.
- S. Miyazaki, M. Shirai, and N. Suzuki, “Electronic band structure of antiferromagnetic spinel Co3S4,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 177–181, no. 2, pp. 1367–1368, 1998.
- E. Hillerova and C. Czech, “Activity and selectivity of carbon-supported transition metal sulfides in simultaneous hydrodearomatization and hydrodesulfurization,” Collection of Czechoslovak Chemical Communications, vol. 54, pp. 2648–2656, 1989.
- J. P. Ge and Y. D. Li, “Controllable CVD route to CoS and MnS single-crystal nanowiresf,” Chemical Communications, vol. 9, no. 19, pp. 2498–2499, 2003.
- H. Emadi, M. Salavati-Niasari, and F. Davar, “Synthesis and characterization of cobalt sulfide nanocrystals in the presence of thioglycolic acid via a simple hydrothermal method,” Polyhedron, vol. 31, pp. 438–442, 2012.
- P. Barret, J. C. Closon, and D. Delefosse, Comptes Rendus De L Academie Des Sciences Serie Ii Fascicule C, vol. 262, p. 83, 1966.
- M. Salavati-Niasari, F. Davar, and M. R. Loghman-Estarki, “Controllable synthesis of thioglycolic acid capped ZnS(Pn)0.5 nanotubes via simple aqueous solution route at low temperatures and conversion to wurtzite ZnS nanorods via thermal decompose of precursor,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 494, no. 1-2, pp. 199–204, 2010.
- M. Salavati-Niasari, A. Sobhani, and F. Davar, “Synthesis of star-shaped PbS nanocrystals using single-source precursor,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 507, no. 1, pp. 77–83, 2010.
- M. Salavati-Niasari, F. Davar, and M. R. Loghman-Estarki, “Long chain polymer assisted synthesis of flower-like cadmium sulfide nanorods via hydrothermal process,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 481, no. 1-2, pp. 776–780, 2009.
- M. Salavati-Niasari, D. Ghanbari, and F. Davar, “Synthesis of different morphologies of bismuth sulfide nanostructures via hydrothermal process in the presence of thioglycolic acid,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 488, no. 1, pp. 442–447, 2009.
- M. Salavati-Niasari, M. R. Loghman-Estarki, and F. Davar, “Controllable synthesis of nanocrystalline CdS with different morphologies by hydrothermal process in the presence of thioglycolic acid,” Chemical Engineering Journal, vol. 145, no. 2, pp. 346–350, 2008.
- X. F. Qian, X. M. Zhang, C. Wang, Y. Xie, and Y. T. Qian, “The preparation and phase transformation of nanocrystalline Cobalt sulfides via a toluene thermal process,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 38, pp. 2621–2623, 1999.
- J. H. Zhan, Y. Xie, X. G. Yang, W. X. Zhang, and Y. T. Qian, “Hydrazine-assisted low-temperature hydrothermal preparation of nanocrystalline Jaipurite,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 146, no. 1, pp. 36–38, 1999.
- F. Ackermann, G. Berrebi, P. Dufresne, A. Van Lierde, and M. Foguenne, “French Patent EP 555128A1 930811,” 1994.