- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 473703, 6 pages
DNA Detection of Toxoplasma gondii with a Magnetic Molecular Beacon Probe via CdTe@Ni Quantum Dots as Energy Donor
1State Key Laboratory of Hollow Fiber Membrane Materials and Membrane Process, Tianjin Polytechnic University, Tianjin 300382, China
2School of Environmental and Chemical Engineering, Tianjin Polytechnic University, Tianjin 300382, China
Received 24 March 2013; Accepted 14 June 2013
Academic Editor: Sebastian Mackowski
Copyright © 2013 Shichao Xu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Wang, R. Hu, G. Lin, et al., “Functionalized quantum dots for biosensing and bioimaging and concerns on toxicity,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 2786–2799, 2013.
- A. M. Smith and S. Nie, “Semiconductor nanocrystals: structure, properties, and band gap engineering,” Accounts of Chemical Research, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 190–200, 2010.
- X. Chi, D. Huang, Z. Zhao, Z. Zhou, Z. Yin, and J. Gao, “Nanoprobes for in vitro diagnostics of cancer and infectious diseases,” Biomaterials, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 189–206, 2012.
- A. Mandal, J. Nakayama, N. Tamai, V. Biju, and M. Isikawa, “Optical and dynamic properties of water-soluble highly luminescent CdTe quantum dots,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 111, no. 44, pp. 12765–12771, 2007.
- G. Jiang, A. S. Susha, A. A. Lutich, F. D. Stefani, J. Feldmann, and A. L. Rogach, “Cascaded FRET in conjugated polymer/quantum dot/dye-labeled DNA complexes for DNA hybridization detection,” ACS Nano, vol. 3, no. 12, pp. 4127–4131, 2009.
- Y. Li, L. Liu, X. Fang, J. Bao, M. Han, and Z. Dai, “Electrochemiluminescence biosensor based on CdSe quantum dots for the detection of thrombin,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 65, pp. 1–6, 2012.
- D. Chen, G. Wang, and J. Li, “Interfacial bioelectrochemistry: fabrication, properties and applications of functional nanostructured biointerfaces,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 111, no. 6, pp. 2351–2367, 2007.
- Z. Deng, Y. Zhang, J. Yue, F. Tang, and Q. Wei, “Green and orange CdTe quantum dots as effective pH-sensitive fluorescent probes for dual simultaneous and independent detection of viruses,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 111, no. 41, pp. 12024–12031, 2007.
- K. E. Sapsford, T. Pons, I. L. Medintz et al., “Kinetics of metal-affinity driven self-assembly between proteins or peptides and CdSe-ZnS quantum dots,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 111, no. 31, pp. 11528–11538, 2007.
- S. C. Xu, M. Heng, Y. Q. Yang et al., “Fluorescence enhanced quantum dots: its synthesis, optical properties, and ecotoxicity research,” Advanced Materials Research, vol. 152-153, pp. 208–211, 2011.
- R. Freeman, J. Girsh, and I. Willner, “Nucleic acid/quantum dots (QDs) hybrid systems for optical and photoelectrochemical sensing,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 2815–2834, 2013.
- G. Chen, F. Song, X. Xiong, and X. Peng, “Fluorescent nanosensors based on Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer (FRET),” Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 2013.
- C.-W. Chi, Y.-H. Lao, Y.-S. Li, and L.-C. Chen, “A quantum dot-aptamer beacon using a DNA intercalating dye as the FRET reporter: application to label-free thrombin detection,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 3346–3352, 2011.
- P. Zhou, H. Zhang, R.-Q. Lin et al., “Genetic characterization of Toxoplasma gondii isolates from China,” Parasitology International, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 193–195, 2009.
- D. Sarah, A. Edith, and N. Tebello, “Synthesis and photophysical studies of CdTe quantum dot-monosubstituted Zinc phthalocyanine conjugates,” Inorganica Chimica Acta, vol. 367, pp. 173–181, 2011.
- I. Caraman, G. I. Rusu, and L. Leontie, “The photoluminescence of CdTe thin films in SnO2-CdS/CdTe-Ni solar cells thermally treated in CdCl2 solution,” Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 1546–1550, 2007.
- S. D'Souza, E. Antunes, and T. Nyokong, “Synthesis and photophysical studies of CdTe quantum dot-monosubstituted zinc phthalocyanine conjugates,” Inorganica Chimica Acta, vol. 367, no. 1, pp. 173–181, 2011.
- T. Toyo'oka, H. P. Chokshi, R. G. Carlson, R. S. Givens, and S. M. Lunte, “Oxazole-based tagging reagents for analysis of secondary amines and thiols by liquid chromtography with fluorescence detection,” Analyst, vol. 118, no. 3, pp. 257–263, 1993.
- G. Krishnamurthy and R. Viswanatha, “Tunable infrared phosphors using Cu doping in semiconductor nanocrystals: surface electronic structure evaluation,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, vol. 4, pp. 409–415, 2013.