- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 484207, 6 pages
A Subwavelength Plasmonic Waveguide Filter with a Ring Resonator
1Key Laboratory for Micro/Nano Optoelectronic Devices of Ministry of Education, School of Information Science and Engineering, Hunan University, Changsha 410082, China
2School of Physics and Microelectronics, Hunan University, Changsha 410082, China
3School of Nuclear Science and Technology, University of South China, Hengyang 421001, China
Received 29 January 2013; Accepted 20 February 2013
Academic Editor: Bo Yu
Copyright © 2013 Xiang Zhai et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Berini, “Long-range surface plasmon polaritons,” Advances in Optics and Photonics, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 484–588, 2009.
- G. Veronis and S. Fan, “Bends and splitters in metal-dielectric-metal subwavelength plasmonic waveguides,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 87, no. 13, Article ID 131102, pp. 1–3, 2005.
- H. Gao, H. Shi, C. Wang et al., “Surface plasmon polariton propagation and combination in Y-shaped metallic channels,” Optics Express, vol. 13, no. 26, pp. 10795–10800, 2005.
- B. Wang and G. P. Wang, “Surface plasmon polariton propagation in nanoscale metal gap waveguides,” Optics Letters, vol. 29, no. 17, pp. 1992–1994, 2004.
- Z. Han, L. Liu, and E. Forsberg, “Ultra-compact directional couplers and Mach-Zehnder interferometers employing surface plasmon polaritons,” Optics Communications, vol. 259, no. 2, pp. 690–695, 2006.
- A. Hosseini and Y. Massoud, “A low-loss metal-insulator-metal plasmonic bragg reflector,” Optics Express, vol. 14, no. 23, pp. 11318–11323, 2006.
- J. Q. Liu, L. L. Wang, M. D. He et al., “A wide bandgap plasmonic Bragg reflector,” Optics Express, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 4888–4894, 2008.
- T. Nikolajsen, K. Leosson, and S. I. Bozhevolnyi, “Surface plasmon polariton based modulators and switches operating at telecom wavelengths,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 85, no. 24, pp. 5833–5835, 2004.
- H. Zhao, X. G. Guang, and J. Huang, “Novel optical directional coupler based on surface plasmon polaritons,” Physica E, vol. 40, no. 10, pp. 3025–3029, 2008.
- X. S. Lin and X. G. Huang, “Tooth-shaped plasmonic waveguide filters with nanometeric sizes,” Optics Letters, vol. 33, no. 23, pp. 2874–2876, 2008.
- T. B. Wang, X. W. Wen, C. P. Yin, and H. Z. Wang, “The transmission characteristics of surface plasmon polaritons in ring resonator,” Optics Express, vol. 17, no. 26, pp. 24096–24101, 2009.
- D. Xiang, L. L. Wang, L. Wang, et al., “Optical transmission through double-layer compound metallic gratings with subwavelength slits,” Journal of Modern Optics, vol. 59, no. 15, pp. 1342–1348, 2012.
- A. Taflove and S. C. Hagness, Computational Electrodynamics: The Finite-Difference Time-Domain Method, Artech House, Norwood, Mass, USA, 2nd edition, 2000.
- D. Xiang, L. L. Wang, X. F. Li et al., “Transmission resonances of compound metallic gratings with two subwavelength slits in each period,” Optics Express, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 2187–2192, 2011.