- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 495708, 11 pages
Electrospinning of Nanofibers for Tissue Engineering Applications
1Key Laboratory for Biomechanics and Mechanobiology of Ministry of Education, School of Biological Science and Medical Engineering, Beihang University, Xue Yuan Road No. 37, Haidian District, Beijing 100191, China
2Orthopaedic Department, First Affiliated Hospital, PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100048, China
Received 9 June 2013; Accepted 26 June 2013
Academic Editor: Xiaoming Li
Copyright © 2013 Haifeng Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [27 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Mariam A. Badawi, and Labiba K. El-Khordagui, “A Quality by Design Approach to Optimization of Emulsions for Electrospinning using Factorial and D-optimal Designs,” European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2014.
- Jayesh J. Ahire, and Leon M. T. Dicks, “2,3-Dihydroxybenzoic Acid-Containing Nanofiber Wound Dressings Inhibit Biofilm Formation by Pseudomonas aeruginosa,” Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 2098–2104, 2014.
- Stewart R. Dods, Oliver Hardick, Bob Stevens, and Daniel G. Bracewell, “Fabricating electrospun cellulose nanofibre adsorbents for ion-exchange chromatography,” Journal of Chromatography A, 2014.
- Joshua D. Beisel, Jerry Kyeremateng, Lance Purkett, Jessica M. Andriolo, and Jack L. Skinner, “Analytical parametric model used to study the influence of electrostatic force on surface coverage during electrospinning of polymer fibers,” Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology B, Nanotechnology and Microelectronics: Materials, Processing, Measurement, and Phenomena, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 06FI03, 2014.
- Karen Stephansen, Ioannis S. Chronakis, and Flemming Jessen, “Bioactive electrospun fish sarcoplasmic proteins as a drug delivery system,” Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, vol. 122, pp. 158–165, 2014.
- Haiyan Li, Yachen Xu, He Xu, and Jiang Chang, “Electrospun membranes: control of the structure and structure related applications in tissue regeneration and drug delivery,” Journal of Materials Chemistry B, vol. 2, no. 34, pp. 5492–5510, 2014.
- D. Matatagui, M. J. Fernández, J. P. Santos, J. Fontecha, I. Sayago, M. C. Horrillo, I. Gràcia, and C. Cané, “Real-Time Characterization of Electrospun PVP Nanofibers as Sensitive Layer of a Surface Acoustic Wave Device for Gas Detection,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2014, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- Zhu-hong Ding, Wen-yu Zheng, Hai Liu, Xiao-yun Wang, and Xiao-xin Li, “Mechanism of Capsanthin Fading in Vitro Induced by Reactive Oxygen Species,” International Journal Of Food Properties, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 1731–1740, 2015.
- Nandula D. Wanasekara, Shouryadipta Ghosh, Ming Chen, Vijaya B. Chalivendra, and Sankha Bhowmick, “Effect of stiffness of micron/sub-micron electrospun fibers in cell seeding,” Journal Of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, vol. 103, no. 7, pp. 2289–2299, 2015.
- Rigumula Wu, Rohina Niamat, Brett Sansbury, and Mandula Borjigin, “Fabrication and Evaluation of Multilayer Nanofiber-Hydrogel Meshes with a Controlled Release Property,” Fibers, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 296–308, 2015.
- Jayesh J. Ahire, and Leon M. T. Dicks, “Nisin Incorporated With 2,3-Dihydroxybenzoic Acid in Nanofibers Inhibits Biofilm Formation by a Methicillin-Resistant Strain of Staphylococcus aureus,” Probiotics And Antimicrobial Proteins, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 52–59, 2015.
- Sanaz Naghavi Alhosseini, Fathollah Moztarzadeh, Saeid Kargozar, Masumeh Dodel, and Mohammadreza Tahriri, “ Development of Polyvinyl Alcohol Fibrous Biodegradable Scaffolds for Nerve Tissue Engineering Applications: In Vitro Study ,” International Journal of Polymeric Materials and Polymeric Biomaterials, vol. 64, no. 9, pp. 474–480, 2015.
- J. Pelipenko, P. Kocbek, and J. Kristl, “Critical attributes of nanofibers: preparation, drug loading, and tissue regeneration,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2015.
- Abdul Moheman, Mohammad Sarwar Alam, and Ali Mohammad, “Recent trends in electrospinning of polymer nanofibers and their applications in ultra thin layer chromatography,” Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 2015.
- John G. Hardy, Maria K. Villancio-Wolter, Rushi C. Sukhavasi, David J. Mouser, David Aguilar, Sydney A. Geissler, David L. Kaplan, and Christine E. Schmidt, “Electrical Stimulation of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells on Conductive Nanofibers Enhances their Differentiation toward Osteogenic Outcomes,” Macromolecular Rapid Communications, vol. 36, no. 21, pp. 1884–1890, 2015.
- Saiful Izwan Abd Razak, Izzati Fatimah Wahab, Fatirah Fadil, Farah Nuruljannah Dahli, Ahmad Zahran Md Khudzari, and Hassan Adeli, “A Review of Electrospun Conductive Polyaniline Based Nanofiber Composites and Blends: Processing Features, Applications, and Future Directions,” Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 2015, pp. 1–19, 2015.
- Simón Yobanny Reyes-López, Delfino Cornejo-Monroy, and Gerardo González-García, “A Novel Route for the Preparation of Gold Nanoparticles in Polycaprolactone Nanofibers,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2015, pp. 1–7, 2015.
- D. Gugutkov, J. Gustavsson, M. Cantini, M. Salmeron-Sánchez, and G. Altankov, “Electrospun fibrinogen-PLA nanofibres for vascular tissue engineering,” Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, 2016.
- Nesma El-Sayed, Sally Galal, Hanan El-Gowelli, and Labiba El-Khordagui, “Inhibition of postsurgical adhesions by methylene blue-loaded nanofibers versus cast film matrices,” Journal of Biomaterials Science, Polymer Edition, pp. 1–16, 2016.
- Elena I. Pascu, Paul A. Cahill, Joseph Stokes, and Garrett B. McGuinness, “Towards functional 3D-stacked electrospun composite scaffolds of PHBV, silk fibroin and nanohydroxyapatite: Mechanical properties and surface osteogen,” Journal Of Biomaterials Applications, vol. 30, no. 9, pp. 1334–1349, 2016.
- Sunil Kumar Vimal, Nadim Ahamad, and Dhirendra S. Katti, “A simple method for fabrication of electrospun fibers with controlled degree of alignment having potential for nerve regeneration applications,” Materials Science and Engineering: C, 2016.
- Parameswara Rao Vuddanda, Aji P. Mathew, and Sitaram Velaga, “Electrospun nanofiber mats for ultrafast release of ondansetron,” Reactive and Functional Polymers, vol. 99, pp. 65–72, 2016.
- Hongfei Qi, Zhihong Ye, Hailong Ren, Nana Chen, Qingyan Zeng, Xianglong Wu, and Tingli Lu, “Bioactivity assessment of PLLA/PCL/HAP Electrospun nanofibrous scaffolds for bone tissue engineering,” Life Sciences, 2016.
- Sheikh Rasel, and Ghaus Rizvi, “Fabrication of fibrous patterned architectures with controlled deposition and multidirectional alignment,” Polymers For Advanced Technologies, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 109–114, 2016.
- Anna G. Sciancalepore, Maria Moffa, Simonetta Carluccio, Luigi Romano, Giuseppe S. Netti, Clelia Prattichizzo, and Dario Pisignano, “Bioactive Nanofiber Matrices Functionalized with Fibronectin-Mimetic Peptides Driving the Alignment and Tubular Commitment of Adult Renal Stem Cells,” Macromolecular Chemistry And Physics, vol. 217, no. 2, pp. 199–212, 2016.
- Aleksander Gora, Damian Pliszka, Shayanti Mukherjee, and Seeram Ramakrishna, “Tubular Tissues and Organs of Human Body-Challenges in Regenerative Medicine,” Journal Of Nanoscience And Nanotechnology, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 19–39, 2016.
- Fabiola Navarro-Pardo, Ana L. Martinez-Hernandez, and Carlos Velasco-Santos, “Carbon Nanotube and Graphene Based Polyamide Electrospun Nanocomposites: A Review,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2016, pp. 1–16, 2016.