- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 504631, 8 pages
Formation Behavior of Continuous Graded Composition in Ti-ZrO2 Functionally Graded Materials Fabricated by Mixed-Powder Pouring Method
Graduate School of Engineering, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8555, Japan
Received 21 February 2013; Accepted 23 April 2013
Academic Editor: Lianjun Wang
Copyright © 2013 Murali Jayachandran et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Hirai, “Materials science and technology,” in Processing of Ceramics, R. J. Brook, Ed., vol. 17, p. 293, VCH Weinheim, FRG.
- S. Suresh and A. Mortensen, Fundamentals of Functionally Graded Materials, Processing and Thermomechanical Behaviour of Graded Metals and Metal-Ceramic Composites, IOM Communications, London, UK, 1998.
- Y. Miyamoto, W. A. Kaysser, B. H. Rabin, A. Kawasaki, and R. G. Ford, Eds., Functionally Graded Materials, Design, Processing and Applications, Kluwer Academic, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- S. Uemura, Y. Noda, Y. Shinohara, and Y. Watanabe, Eds., Development and Application of Functionally Graded Materials, CMC Publishing, Tokyo, Japan, 2003.
- Y. Watanabe, N. Yamanaka, and Y. Fukui, “Control of composition gradient in a metal-ceramic functionally graded material manufactured by the centrifugal method,” Composites A, vol. 29, no. 5-6, pp. 595–601, 1998.
- S. Li, H. Izui, M. Okano, W. Zhang, and T. Watanabe, “Mechanical properties of ZrO2 (Y2O3)-Al2O3 nanocomposites with addition of hydroxyapatite prepared by spark plasma sintering,” Materials Science Forum, vol. 631-632, pp. 413–423, 2010.
- K. Kinoshita, H. Sato, and Y. Watanabe, “Development of compositional gradient simulation for centrifugal slurry-pouring methods,” Materials Science Forum, vol. 631-632, pp. 455–460, 2010.
- Y. Watanabe, E. Miura-Fujiwara, and H. Sato, “Fabrication of functionally graded materials by centrifugal slurry-pouring method and centrifugal mixed-powder method,” Journal of the Japan Society of Powder and Powder Metallurgy, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 321–326, 2010.
- Y. Watanabe and H. Sato, “Review fabrication of functionally graded materials under a centrifugal force,” in Nanocomposites with Unique Properties and Applications in MedicIne and Industry, J. Cuppolitti, Ed., p. 142, InTech, Rijeka, Croatia, 2011.
- H. C. Brinkmann, “The viscosity of concentrated suspensions and solutions,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 20, no. 4, p. 571, 1952.
- T. Takeuchi, “Preparation of electric-functional ceramics by spark-plasma-sintering method,” Journal of High Temperature Society, vol. 31, no. 4, p. 186, 2005.